Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

New Virgin Australia “the business” aboard the 777 & A330; new PE on the 777 too

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Virgin Australia “the business” aboard the 777 & A330; new PE on the 777 too

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2016, 10:42 pm
Original Poster

Location: New to BWI as of 2021; say hi if you're in the area!
Programs: UA GS

Hi all,

I recently had the incredible fortune to fly “the business” aboard the refurbished Virgin Australia 777. I was on the 6th revenue flight for VH-VPD since it re-entered service on April 30th. Since I was going to Western Australia I also had the opportunity to fly on the A330 for the cross-country legs to/from PER.

In total, my itinerary was LAX-SYD-PER-SYD-LAX. The LAX-SYD leg was aboard “the business” on the 777 (seat 10K, the last row of business on the starboard side…a great choice!). Both SYD-PER and PER-SYD were aboard “the business” on the A330 (in suites 5A and 3K, respectively). Lastly, SYD-LAX was aboard the refurbished 777 again, but this time in the new premium economy (seat 15G — first row of PE on the aisle, center section). So, I’ll cover a whole bunch of products, new and newer, in this report.

Overall, I’d say that “the business” on the 777 is an incredible product that takes as its starting point the elevated functionality and privacy of a standard reverse herringbone seat, and then on top of that adds a level of style and sophistication to the hard and soft product that really makes for a memorable experience. That said, there are definitely a few teething issues to be worked out as well.

More soon (over the next day or two)! In the meantime, here are two pre-boarding pics:

Thanks so much for reading, and definitely feel free to reach out with any q’s, etc (and/or problems with the pics showing up).

Best wishes,
Adam
Old May 16, 2016, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Will be nice to read more! Always fascinated by Australian donestic products
Old May 16, 2016, 6:45 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, AA, IHG Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Looking forward to more of your report, I'm flying VA in December, LAX-SYD!
Old May 16, 2016, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I'm kinda disappointed that the refurb schedule is running so behind schedule because I was hoping to catch the new cabin on by BNE-LAX flight at the end of the month but they seem to putting the new cabins on the SYD-LAX route first at least I can read about it!
Old May 18, 2016, 7:52 pm
Original Poster

Location: New to BWI as of 2021; say hi if you're in the area!
Programs: UA GS
Encountering database errors on FT; see full report on airliners.net

Hi all,

I had wanted to post the full trip report here, but I keep running into database errors when I try to post (I've alerted FT tech...hopefully things are fixed soon).

In the meantime, the full report of my trip on the refurbished VA 777 is available on airliners.net on the "Trip Reports" page. The title is: "New Virgin Australia "The Business" Aboard the 777". My username is the same as here (autobahnal).

Please feel free to leave questions/comments/feedback either here or there. And thanks again for reading -- I hope you enjoy the report as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Best wishes,
Adam

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.