Community
Wiki Posts
Search

It's Time to Rock It on Delta to the DMZ! Korea and Japan on KE and DL J

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2016, 6:21 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
Great report, Mr. K. I enjoyed the tour around Korea via your fine photography. It's inspiration to make a trip there myself someday. Well done! ^^
Thank you Mr. P, compliments from you are always appreciated. You'd love Korea I think, you can travel cheaply and there are lots of trains. Congrats on 5 Million Miles by the way!

Originally Posted by HawaiiTrvlr
Great trip report Charles. I used to live in Korea for a year in 2000. Seoul has changed some after 16 years but other places brought smiles since I have been to most of those places you went to in Seoul. I would spend many a weekend in Itaewon; Hooker Hill to be specific. Not for the hookers (though they were relatively to spot) but because it had a high concentration of bars and clubs. My base was about 45 miles to the south of Seoul. I also got a special tour of the DMZ while I was there (we had a general officer in our group so we all got the VIP tour).

I look forward to your Australian adventure.

I can't believe you are finishing law school already. It seems like you were just starting a little bit ago. Good luck with finals and graduation.
Thank you very much for your kind words. Trust me I know what you mean, I can't believe I'm graduating either. I can't imagine my life without going to school every weekday, that's become the norm!

Your story about Itaewon is great, I wonder if there are still hookers and if yes, how did I miss them?
Old Mar 30, 2016, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by CMK10

Is it me, or do they need to adjust this clock a bit?
Old Mar 30, 2016, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JNB280
Is it me, or do they need to adjust this clock a bit?
Probably, but hey at least it looks good!
Old Mar 30, 2016, 4:39 pm

Programs: Trans Global Airlines Frequent Stowaway
The title is a reference to Good Morning, Vietnam! you movie philistines!

Great TR
Old Mar 30, 2016, 5:26 pm

Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
Great TR! Wife and I were in Seoul at the same time (our second trip) and really enjoyed your pictures. It's good that you're making some memories now so that after you graduate and are trying to pass the bar and then bill 2000+ hours as a first-year associate you have something nice to remember. But seriously, congratulations on graduation and best wishes as you start your new career.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RuthlesslyAbsurd
The title is a reference to Good Morning, Vietnam! you movie philistines!

Great TR
Hot Dog! We have a wiener! And thank you as well.

Originally Posted by KevinDTW
Great TR! Wife and I were in Seoul at the same time (our second trip) and really enjoyed your pictures. It's good that you're making some memories now so that after you graduate and are trying to pass the bar and then bill 2000+ hours as a first-year associate you have something nice to remember. But seriously, congratulations on graduation and best wishes as you start your new career.
Thank you so much, I really appreciate it. Though I don't know if I'm going to be a first year associate, my summer internship was at a Public Defender's office and I'm gravitating towards that kind of work.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 5:26 pm

Programs: Air Krapistan Poop Points "Scooper Level"
Great report. Next time you take a trip on Korean carriers try and get some photos of the flight attendants. Female preferably. Hint. Hint. I hear some of them are quite easy on the eyes.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 5:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nydave11
Great report. Next time you take a trip on Korean carriers try and get some photos of the flight attendants. Female preferably. Hint. Hint. I hear some of them are quite easy on the eyes.
Haha I'll leave such things to SFO777, some of them were indeed very attractive
Old Apr 1, 2016, 6:07 am

Programs: BA silver
Great report, thanks for posting. I also like your book recommendations!
Old Apr 1, 2016, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yhm71
Great report, thanks for posting. I also like your book recommendations!
Thank you! You can't go wrong with a Bryson book, though I did get a dirty look for laughing too loudly on the GMP-PUS flight
Old Apr 1, 2016, 10:25 am

What a great TR - never been to Korea (yet!) and the DMZ photos were amazing.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 11:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bowdenj
What a great TR - never been to Korea (yet!) and the DMZ photos were amazing.
Thank you very much! Trust me when I say it's definitely worth a visit.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 8:19 am

This is a great trip report CMK10. Your enthusiasm is palpable. I only spent 24hrs in Seoul but it left me hungry for more.

Although I hate flying in a suit and tie I have to respect someone committed to the practice.

Congrats on ending law school and on the future endeavours
Old Apr 3, 2016, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by grandgourmand
This is a great trip report CMK10. Your enthusiasm is palpable. I only spent 24hrs in Seoul but it left me hungry for more.

Although I hate flying in a suit and tie I have to respect someone committed to the practice.

Congrats on ending law school and on the future endeavours
Thank you very much! I don't think three days in Seoul were enough, plus next time I'm over there I want to check out Jeju Island.

I appreciate your kind words.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 5:19 pm

Great trip report as always! I especially liked the Fukuoka part, probably because that was the first Japanese city I ever visited, and Fukuoka is not a city you often see in trip-reports here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.