Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Tour through all five Business Class Lounge at London Heathrow Terminal 2

Tour through all five Business Class Lounge at London Heathrow Terminal 2

Old Feb 22, 2016, 5:01 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Overall, well done video. What'd you use for shooting and editing?
I recorded the movie with an iPhone and cut the video together with Youtube Video Editor.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 4:05 am

Programs: TK *G
How much time is needed to tour all five lounges?
Old Mar 6, 2016, 5:13 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, BA Silver, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Duhh
To make the most of all 4 lounges... 3hours
Old Mar 6, 2016, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by diningdecadence
cobra, carling, and something canadian with a maple leaf were the other 3 when i was there in October.
That would be Molson Canadian
There was also Guinness from what I remember
(that being said, lately, I have been in the BA/QR lounges more, due to flying OW...)
Old Mar 6, 2016, 1:13 pm

Programs: SAS EBG (*G), Air Berlin Silver, Alitalia Ulisse & Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Duhh
I recently did a similar tour of the lounges in Terminal 2 and I had 4 hours. However I did not spend a lot of time in the Plaza Premium lounge as I thought it was dark and not that nice, I didn't spend too much time in the Lufthansa lounges either as they were packed (4-5pm).
Old Mar 24, 2016, 8:11 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Gold
Great video and insights you shared thanks!
Does anyone know if lounge hopping is possible at LHRs T2 if holding an OS ticket, I do have TK *G status. My point here is, am I allowed to switch to the other side of the terminal where SW, UA und AC lounges are located? Not sure if this is only possible with a long-haul ticket?
Old Mar 27, 2016, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by euromountain
Great video and insights you shared thanks!
Does anyone know if lounge hopping is possible at LHRs T2 if holding an OS ticket, I do have TK *G status. My point here is, am I allowed to switch to the other side of the terminal where SW, UA und AC lounges are located? Not sure if this is only possible with a long-haul ticket?
Yes it's possible.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 9:55 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
I'm wondering why the * carriers never went with a joint lounge at LHR terminal 2. I really like the Star Alliance Lounge at TBIT at LAX. 5 lounges all from Star Carrier seems overkill.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 10:08 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Does anyone know if lounge hopping is possible at LHR’s T2 if holding an OS ticket, I do have TK *G status.
You have to be departing on a Star Alliance operated flight, then you may access all five lounge, when they are open.
Having OS-ticket by itself is not enough, because OS may issue tickets for Germanwings/Eurowings operated flights from LHR T2. There is generally speaking no lounge access then.

I'm wondering why the * carriers never went with a joint lounge at LHR terminal 2. I really like the Star Alliance Lounge at TBIT at LAX. 5 lounges all from Star Carrier seems overkill.
Having at least two Star Alliance lounges makes sense, because T2A and T2B are pretty far apart.
Just having a huge lounge in T2B would alienate the shorthaul pax on LX, LH and OS.

As to why UA, AC and SQ built they own lounge, I don't know. It could be that relationships between SQ and UA are poor and SQ does not trust UA to co-build a lounge, which is sufficient for SQ pax. However, as f today the UA lounge is way better than the SQ lounge.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 7:41 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
i frequently connect via lhr either early in am or late evening and i always have a 3-5 hour connection.

what matters to me the most in an airport lounge, starting from most important going down to least important:
drinking
showering
eating
chillin
sleepin
workin if i must

in the am i make my rounds in the following order:
1) lh senator for 15 mins to hammer back german beer and some tater salad
2) check out the perfume for 5mins, see if i can get samples
3) sq for 30 mins to hammer back some singapore slings mimosas and breakfast dumplings
4) ua for 3hrs to shower, have shirt pressed, more mimosas and whatever cocktails Floran has up his sleeve this week, a real hot proper american breakfast
5) ac for 2 mins to see if their lounge has improved its cocktails or drinks (it hasn't)
6) ua or sq for remainder for some more mimosas, probably sq cause ua barkeep cut me off
7) board

in the pm:
1) lh for healthy snack and more german beer and dinner if sq isn't operating that night
2) sq for singapore slings and hot dinner (only on nights when there's a flight) and dessert and then more singapore slings
3) ac to pass out/nap in those beds in the back (the lounge is SO quiet after 6) and drink more
4) ua to drink whatever wine they have
5) board

ac's lounge is the worst in lhr, but still not too bad. it's just that it has terrible design that reminds me why i left canada in the first place. the ac bar is meh and that conference table in the back is so . sq and ua are far better spaces with better dranks. with sq the options are much more limited after flight departures or if there are no departures that day. all lounges the same way, but i mean they pull 2/3 of the food right at departure.

either way at least there are choices. makes up for that awful soul sucking airport.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 7:39 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Thanks for providing the reasons for your ranking; and the photos.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 3:22 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Gold
Originally Posted by warakorn
You have to be departing on a Star Alliance operated flight, then you may access all five lounge, when they are open.
Having OS-ticket by itself is not enough, because OS may issue tickets for Germanwings/Eurowings operated flights from LHR T2. There is generally speaking no lounge access then.
Thanks for clarification. I'm on OS456 which is OS operated ^
Old Apr 1, 2016, 7:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Lifetime Bonvoy Platinum, HHonors Gold , TK Gold, MH Plat, QR Plat
Here i thought i was the only mad one trying just 3 lounges!

I suppose the experience will vary depending on how busy the lounge is. During my visit, the Silver Kris lounge was fantastic - a great breakfast spread, incl. Asian food and a variety of western favorites. PLUS there was singapore sling ice cream for breakfast.

The AC lounge was awful...super busy with not a seat in sight...I would divert to the SQ lounge just across the hall. Standard food offerings, although i can see how it could be a beautiful lounge when it wasn't so busy.

The UA lounge takes middle ground...beautiful facility with the best showers of all three - added plus is the cowshed toiletries i love so much, vs the generic dollar shop stuff in silver kris lounge. The bar also served decent NV champagne (moet, IIRC)

I just wish more airports could spoil us with such a nice range of lounges!
Old Apr 28, 2016, 12:42 pm

Programs: TK *G
Just came back and have been to all the lounges. Only had roughly 3.5 hours. Had enough time for LH, UA and AC but only had ~20 minutes for SQ.

Here was my route:
- Entered from T2A fast track
- Visited Lufthansa lounges (as it was just round the corner)
- Trekked to T2B
- Visited United Club
- Visited AC Maple Leaf lounge & SQ SilverKris

Food-wise, I think SQ SilverKris lounge serves much better food (probs why it's usually very crowded, compared to the opposite maple leaf lounge)!

The United Club had superb showers and toiletries (as mentioned previously) and a great bar! Didn't know there was a shirt pressing service available until I read the post somewhere above.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 6:28 pm
brg

Originally Posted by euromountain
Thanks for clarification. I'm on OS456 which is OS operated ^
The best part of the large *A lounge at LHR is the ice cream.
It was great. But, it is very large and impersonal.
The old BMI lounge was unique. RIP.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.