Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

I'm Spolied Now...LA to NYC on Challenger 300 Business Jet

Old Feb 16, 2016, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Greeting all Flyertalk Members. This is my first review. I am a plane geek and also a fountain pen geek!!

I have seen some of SFO777's posts on here about flying on private jets with jetsmarter, so I had to give it a try myself. Paid my $3,000 initiation and $9,000 yearly membership a couple weeks ago and have already taken 3 flights on Private Jets. 2 on Challenger 300 jets and 1 on a Gulfstream IV jet. I decided last minute to go to LA, so I took the Gulfstream IV ( I see SFO777 reviewed it this week) to LA and then was going to come back Mint Class on Jet Blue, however a flight opened up for yesterday from LA to NYC so I booked it immediately upon leaving NYC last week. It was suppose to be on a Citation X, but got swapped for Challenger 300 last minute. Personally this was much better, as it is wider and more spacious.

This was a weekend getaway for me to See the Ronald Reagan Library, LA Fountain Pen Show, Mt Wilson Observatory and Griffith Observatory. Kind of a nerd weekend.

There were a total of 8 captains chairs and only 4 passengers. I tried to take an many pictures as I could.

I was very happy the pilots were gracious and gave me a tour of the cockpit a couple times during the flight. They truly like what they do and it shows.

We were suppose to fly to White Plains, then take a helicopter into the city. Prior to departure in LA, jetsmarter called us to inform us that due to the weather, the helicopter would not be able to fly and that they would have a car service waiting for us. Once we got airborne, those plans changed as White Plains was not able to have us land. The consensus was to divert to Teterboro and on to Teterboro we were!

Jetsmarter had a wonderful woman waiting for us upon our arrival. I opted to take an uber instead of the car service they arranged, as I live in NJ and it was more convenient for me. She waited with me until my car arrived.

Hope you enjoyed the Pics. I enjoyed the flight.

This video was shot by another passenger, not me.

This girl greeted us upon arrival to Teterboro

Last edited by computerguy828; Feb 16, 2016 at 1:58 pm
Old Feb 16, 2016, 1:53 pm

Wow 45,000 feet.

It's another world. Thanks.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 2:04 pm

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
Nice report
Old Feb 16, 2016, 4:15 pm

I'd be curious to know what price each passenger paid...Someone might vomit if they found out they way overpaid...
Old Feb 16, 2016, 5:03 pm

Great trip report!
Old Feb 16, 2016, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Outstanding. Great 1st post and first report. ^^
Looks like a much more comfortable ride than the coach seats you were stuck in our HPN-VNY G-IV flight.
Nice to meet you on that one and hope our paths cross again.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 6:12 pm

Programs: UA GS, 1MM; Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
thanks for the awesome trip report.
T
Old Feb 16, 2016, 9:11 pm

Programs: AR, LA, A3, UT, 6R, U6, PS, SU, and many more
You make us all feel so miserable now, feeling great when we get upgraded to Business or even to Premium Economy.
Thanks for sharing, quite a great experience!
Cheers
Eielef @Bar/MNE
Old Feb 16, 2016, 10:20 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Nice TR, thanks for sharing!!

and

Welcome to Flyertalk ^^
Old Feb 16, 2016, 11:30 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
Originally Posted by farbster
I'd be curious to know what price each passenger paid...Someone might vomit if they found out they way overpaid...

I think the OP has an annual Jet membership of around $8,000 which gives him unlimited flights for $0 and around $10 for other passengers. The more you use the membership, the less cost per flight there is, based on the fixed annual membership fee.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 5:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier 1K, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry
I was on the same flight, it really rocks!
Old Feb 17, 2016, 5:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier 1K, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry
The G4 is a bus by comparison. :)

Originally Posted by SFO777
Outstanding. Great 1st post and first report. ^^
Looks like a much more comfortable ride than the coach seats you were stuck in our HPN-VNY G-IV flight.
Nice to meet you on that one and hope our paths cross again.
The G4 was so uncomfortable, to me anyway. I was on the shuttle flight Sunday Feb 7, HPN-VNY.

Steve
Old Feb 17, 2016, 5:35 pm
Community Director Emerita

Beautiful pictures. Welcome to FlyerTalk. With that great introduction, I hope you stick around and share more with us.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 5:41 pm
F 1

The chance to hang out on the flight deck mid-flight is worth the price of admission alone.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 5:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by F 1
The chance to hang out on the flight deck mid-flight is worth the price of admission alone.
You are absolutely right! The cockpit is the best part of the plane and being able to speak with the pilots was great.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.