Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Off Road In Kazakhstan

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2015, 12:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
We're just back from Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan. That means that you, my husband and I are 3 of the 7500 tourists in the country this year. I was shocked to find it the 6th least visited country in the world. I hope you are planning a trip report on it. Your reports are always magical with wonderful pictures.

I expected to have plov on our trip but on the one day we asked our guide to seek it out was told that it is typically finished by midday. We dd have manti and thought it delicious, both in and out of soup.
They certainly seem to be quite selective about the 7,500 people they let in too. I was supposed to go with ironmanjt but their famously fickle bureacracy put paid to that.

I had problems with Manti supply in Ashgabat too. They had always run out and said it would take an hour to make some more.

And yes, just working on my Turkmenistan TR at the moment:

Originally Posted by fly7b2
Wow this is wild! Definitely a great report, thanks for sharing!
Thank you, fly7b2, was a great escape for the hot Dubai summer.

Originally Posted by RussianTexan
Absolutely beautiful pictures! Thank you so much! I myself had hiked Charyn Canyon and bathed in the Charyn River (in June 2012) so that was absolutely wonderful to see. The underpass, was it next to a supermarket on Ablai Khan St.? Or maybe I'm confusing it with something else.

I love Kazakhstan and I love the Kazakh people that I am proud to say I know. A wonderful country and a beautiful people.
Many thanks, RussianTexan. The dip in the Charyn River must have been refreshing! I think the underpass was on Furmanov St (?). Definitely close to Abylai Khan Avenue anyway.

Yes, I was very well treated by the wonderful Kazakh people I met too.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 11:01 am

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Wow. Who knew that part of the world was so gorgeous?

Thanks for the great photos and portraits.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by worldtraveller73
Wow. Who knew that part of the world was so gorgeous?

Thanks for the great photos and portraits.
Many thanks, worldtraveller73. Yes, some amazing scenery, and so varied too.

Just a pic of me (taken by Remco), enjoying a cup of tea and enjoying the view and warmth from the sun breaking over the mountains after the cool night in the tent.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 6:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Thank you for sharing yet another wonderful trip report. Always eager to open the thread when I see you've started a new one.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 6:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rob_flies_ua
Thank you for sharing yet another wonderful trip report. Always eager to open the thread when I see you've started a new one.
Thanks, rob_flies_ua, always a pleasure to share my travels here on FT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.