Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A Long Weekend In Prague

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2015, 3:36 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Previously top-tier everything, now a happy free agent
Amazing report. I saw many the same sights you did when I went to Prague a few months ago and it brings back such good memories and emotions.

Beautiful photos as well. Can I ask your camera/lens combo?
Old Aug 11, 2015, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
A Long Weekend In Prague

Great TR - I'm more accustomed to Africa and Asia trs but loved this one as well. I love that you flew via Russia and hope you got a refund from the Czech Lcc! I had to cancel a 2009 E Europe trip that would have included Prague. Maybe one day... I'm now in no hurry.
I feel this is the first TR that hasn't been solo! How was going with someone compared to going solo on past trips? Honestly I was always stressed out with your Somalia tr and the bodyguards. I don't know how your friends and family haven't begged you to stop going to some of these places that look possibly more dangerous than other places.
And where are you and ironmanjt going?? I still am blown away with his N Korea tr.
I'm being very nosy, usually I only ask about the actual travels as opposed to the personal stuff.
As for tourists, I think that they're everywhere so I doubt it's too much of a factor. It's just part of the trip.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 12:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bj27
Amazing report. I saw many the same sights you did when I went to Prague a few months ago and it brings back such good memories and emotions.

Beautiful photos as well. Can I ask your camera/lens combo?
Thank you, bj27.

I took my Canon 5D3, as well as these lenses:

16-35L f2.8 II
50L f1.2
85L f1.2 II

Originally Posted by gaobest
Great TR - I'm more accustomed to Africa and Asia trs but loved this one as well. I love that you flew via Russia and hope you got a refund from the Czech Lcc! I had to cancel a 2009 E Europe trip that would have included Prague. Maybe one day... I'm now in no hurry.
I feel this is the first TR that hasn't been solo! How was going with someone compared to going solo on past trips? Honestly I was always stressed out with your Somalia tr and the bodyguards. I don't know how your friends and family haven't begged you to stop going to some of these places that look possibly more dangerous than other places.
And where are you and ironmanjt going?? I still am blown away with his N Korea tr.
I'm being very nosy, usually I only ask about the actual travels as opposed to the personal stuff.
As for tourists, I think that they're everywhere so I doubt it's too much of a factor. It's just part of the trip.
Many thanks, gaobest. Yes, Moscow is a good transit point for flying to Europe from Dubai, and with reasonable prices too, especially compared to direct flights on EK. I (rightfully) got a full refund on the SmartWings tickets.

Just prepping my next TR now, SE Asia including HK so the food pics will be a little more spicy. Was fun having a travel companion too, get to try twice as many dishes.

And unfortunately the trip with ironmanjt has had to be cancelled due to some over-zealous/power tripping bureaucrats.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 2:44 am

Great TR as always! Thanks for sharing. I got hungry seeing all the delicious food
Old Aug 12, 2015, 4:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Nermin
Great TR as always! Thanks for sharing. I got hungry seeing all the delicious food
Thank you, Nermin. Yes, the delicious food was definitely one of my highlights of Prague, very reasonably priced too.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 7:46 am

Programs: UA
Thanks for the great report. We went to Prague last year for a long weekend as well. Brought back some great memories. Excellent photos!
Old Aug 12, 2015, 10:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, TK Elite, A3 Gold
Another amazing TR! Once again stunning photos that really bring the whole trip to life - well done DanielW!

I hadn't thought of the option to shoot all of those guns while in Prague - something to add to the list next time. Was that expensive?

Also loved the photo of the tourists waiting for the astronomical clock. Great shot.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 11:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pbartp
Thanks for the great report. We went to Prague last year for a long weekend as well. Brought back some great memories. Excellent photos!
Cheers, pbartp. Yes, a great place to spend a few days.

Originally Posted by shogunate03
Another amazing TR! Once again stunning photos that really bring the whole trip to life - well done DanielW!

I hadn't thought of the option to shoot all of those guns while in Prague - something to add to the list next time. Was that expensive?

Also loved the photo of the tourists waiting for the astronomical clock. Great shot.
Many thanks, shogunate03.

The shooting range was 90 euro's each, including hotel pickup/drop-off. You can choose to shoot more (or less) weapons too: http://outbackprague.com/index.php/shooting-range/

Yes, some of the tourists had a bit of a giggle when I pointed the camera in the other direction at the astronomical clock.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 12:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
A Long Weekend In Prague

Aww I'm sorry that the trip with ironmanjt was cancelled - maybe he'll meet you in SE Asia?!?! Glad you're going there. And yes I still get nervous with trs in certain places that "require" armed bodyguards as part of the trip.

I love everyone's food pix & descriptions, but honestly does anyone travel and not eat well? I think that we are all lucky to be able to have great food during our travels. I rarely hear about travelers eating poorly, whereas just 20 years ago it was possibly to suffer consistently lousy food during travel. Even Y meals are adequate outside USA airlines :-)
Old Aug 14, 2015, 6:06 am

Amazing pictures, so beautiful!! I love Prague, I have the exact same picture of dancing house in prague I took last year. The architecture is stunning. Your camera is amazing captures it perfectly.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 5:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YU_GO_GONE
Amazing pictures, so beautiful!! I love Prague, I have the exact same picture of dancing house in prague I took last year. The architecture is stunning. Your camera is amazing captures it perfectly.
Thank you, YU_GO_GONE. Yes, the Dancing house was quite a cool building, was interesting to see the workers on abseiling gear too cleaning the windows, not easy!
Old Aug 16, 2015, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by DanielW

Lots of tasty fruit.

Love this picture. What f-stop did you use?
Old Aug 16, 2015, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Love this picture. What f-stop did you use?
Thanks, iluvdoco, this was taken at f5.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 7:13 am

Beautiful photos!
Old Aug 17, 2015, 9:13 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Brilliant photos as always!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.