Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

If not now, when? (Thailand, Western Europe, Eastern Europe & Balkans)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

If not now, when? (Thailand, Western Europe, Eastern Europe & Balkans)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2015, 4:21 pm

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Great report, Yugo_girl!
Old Aug 25, 2015, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Very nice! When we were in Paris 2006 it was no Problem to enter Notre Dame - times changed......
Old Aug 25, 2015, 6:21 am

Great trip! You are really lucky not to have been at the Erawan terrorist bombing killing 20!
Old Aug 25, 2015, 7:16 am

Programs: AA EXP
Great TR, Privacy Caution

Thanks for a great trip report - didn't realize there were such good ways to get around Europe, and great hotel find in LHR.

The TR was a good one to pick for the monthly FT news.

Suggest editing your post to remove names of two Thai airline employees - FT has rather strict rules:

Privacy
Respect the privacy of other members and non-members. Do not post private information of others. Do not post the names or contact information of travel company and program employees unless they hold executive management status (e.g. presidents, vice-presidents, managing directors).

Only you, or a moderator, can edit your posts.

Looking forward to the rest!

Happy travels,

bucketlist, aka the grinch of trip reports
Old Aug 25, 2015, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lizzie1715
I really like your TR's, beautiful pictures and different takes on familiar sights. I was wondering how you got the apartment in Paris so cheaply? Did you book online and on which site?
We booked online on Expedia which was having a daily deal for Paris and then we got $50 off because we found another site which beat the price that Expedia was offering the Citadines for and it ended up very cheap because we called up Expedia and they gave us the $50 off. We paid $440 for 3 nights about $140 AU per night which is amazing for Paris right next to the Eiffel Tower
Old Aug 25, 2015, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by roadwarrier
Wow, a blast from the past. Yonks ago, I used to stay at the Hilton (it has since changed hands) and the Suffren used to be my evening dinner spot. I actually had a look on Tripadvisor to double check if it was the same place.
Loving your TR! ^

Thank you! It's so nice to have people that have been to these places reading m report! Suffren was very nice! we were happily surprised! we love trying all these new places and hope to find more little restaurant finds around
Old Aug 25, 2015, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mpkz
Good report so far, impressive scope for the trip given the time but looks like you're doing alright. Note though: The bridge you're calling London Bridge is actually Tower Bridge. London Bridge is the completely unspectacular bridge next to it leading up to the Shard (seen in some of your other photos)
Oh opps! i have edited this! thank you for letting me know I was abit confused as to which was which! Hope you like the rest of the report.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bucketlist
Thanks for a great trip report - didn't realize there were such good ways to get around Europe, and great hotel find in LHR.

The TR was a good one to pick for the monthly FT news.

Suggest editing your post to remove names of two Thai airline employees - FT has rather strict rules:

Privacy
Respect the privacy of other members and non-members. Do not post private information of others. Do not post the names or contact information of travel company and program employees unless they hold executive management status (e.g. presidents, vice-presidents, managing directors).

Only you, or a moderator, can edit your posts.

Looking forward to the rest!

Happy travels,

bucketlist, aka the grinch of trip reports

No problem, we asked the flight attendants whether they wanted their names included and they wrote them down for us. I have removed them. I am very excited for the trip report to be included in the monthly FT news. We have found many great deals for budget travelling that would help alot of people. Thank you very much and it is such an honour to have so many people read our TR!

Yugo_Girl and Yugo_Boy :-::-::-::-:
Old Aug 25, 2015, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by offerendum
Very nice! When we were in Paris 2006 it was no Problem to enter Notre Dame - times changed......
Thank you! I was particularly excited to go inside, but we walked past Notre Dame on 3 different occasions and the line was so long probably as long as the wait for the Eiffel tower which was minimum 4 hours and there was too much to see in such a short time. Maybe next time
Old Aug 25, 2015, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mad_atta
Great report, Yugo_girl!
Thank you! I hope you'll like the rest! - Yugo_Girl :-::-::-:
Old Aug 25, 2015, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by YU_GO_GONE
We booked online on Expedia which was having a daily deal for Paris and then we got $50 off because we found another site which beat the price that Expedia was offering the Citadines for and it ended up very cheap because we called up Expedia and they gave us the $50 off. We paid $440 for 3 nights about $140 AU per night which is amazing for Paris right next to the Eiffel Tower
I didn't realise Expedia price matched and gave extra vouchers. Thanks for the hint.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pepsi38
Great trip! You are really lucky not to have been at the Erawan terrorist bombing killing 20!
Thank you! We were so lucky to have left on the day we did, because we had plans to extend Bangkok because we loved it so much. The Erawan shrine we had been there the day before the bombing there were so many people and we spent a good 30mins there enjoying the atmosphere. The next day we saw it on the news. It's a tragedy because the Thai people are one of the friendliest nations out there.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 10:15 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by YU_GO_GONE
The famous love locks all over Paris
I thought the government removed the locks? Great photos, keep up the great TR.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 3:11 pm

Very nice report. Did you go into the Louvre and other museums? Or did you just walk your feet off? LOL
Old Aug 26, 2015, 3:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Madone59
I thought the government removed the locks? Great photos, keep up the great TR.
Thank you glad you liked it I read they had removed them from some of the bridges and that they against it. But there are still bridges with love locks, especially in the latin quarter. They sell love locks there which you can put on the bridges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.