Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

If not now, when? (Thailand, Western Europe, Eastern Europe & Balkans)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

If not now, when? (Thailand, Western Europe, Eastern Europe & Balkans)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2015, 6:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by churchy
Very interesting TR, looking forward to seeing your travels through Europe. I hope you both have a wonderful time.

Thank you! we are disappointed to leave thailand soon, next time we will be sure to stay 2 weeks here. The weather is 35 degrees and amazing. But we are looking forward to London and Europe
Old Aug 15, 2015, 8:21 pm

Another interesting report with so many beautiful photographs like the one of the canal bridge . I didn't expect to see such a tranquil scene of a canal in BKK. Looking forward to your report on the food at the Sukosol.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 8:21 pm
Original Poster

Temple Overload: the 46m Golden Buddha, Nikola Tesla Electrics and Mango Sticky Rice

The fourth day of our trip started with a beautiful watermelon juice from the Sukosol.. a strange drink concoction and too many beautiful temples to count!

The best watermelon juice in Bangkok (according to me lol)

Watermelon, strawberry, tangerine and balsamic vinegar. One of the strangest concoctions I have had, very peculiar at first but very nice once you get used to the balsamic in this.

Such modern architecture, with the signature thai gold style with the signature thai electrics!

Some more of Bangkok

Another day, another temple. The clouds look foreboding but it turned out to be a beautiful day 35 degrees and very humid. The temples here are so beautiful and images like buddha and his golden friends are so common, you feel as though the beauty of these is slightly lost.

These temples are stunning.

The protectors of the temples, these magical creatures.

Casually strolling by this scene

This is art. Incredible.

Off to lunch at JP French Restaurant. We had a set menu of beef stroganoff, pumpkin soup and caramel cake. It is the 11th restaurant in Bangkok and we were looking forward to this. This was only 400bht so very cheap for what should have been a restaurant to rival Ku De Ta. We had previously ate at Ku De Ta in Bangkok and it was amazing (highly recommend the tempura).

Pumpkin soup at JP French Restaurant.

Oh why not some cocktails we are on holiday. I promise it was lunch-time! The mai tai and blue hawaiian.

And finally the caramel cake. Ultimately, this restaurant could have been better. It was not a rival of Ku De Ta. "Mediocre and abit bland at best - quote Yugoboy"

We walked past a flower market, it was sensational. So many beautiful flowers. 10bht that's less than $1 AU. Australia has never has flowers that cheap nor will it ever, especially ones so beautiful.

Thai Creations

Rows and rows of stalls that look like this. A dream for any girl. I couldn't get enough! I took so many photos, but for the sake of not boring anyone to death (literally!) I thought I'd leave my vast gallery in the personal folder lol.

One last one.

Like a wild jungle

So wild and beautiful, but in dire need of Nikola Tesla to fix these electrics!

More temples!

In a random car park we walked into, even getting lost in Bangkok is worthwhile.

Wat Pho (Reclining Buddha), there is a 100bht entry fee ($4 AU). So beautiful. At this point is must have been 35 degree and everyone was dying of heat exhaustion, so they were giving away free water

Another temple we walked to, near Wat Pho (Reclining Buddha). This a Buddhist temple in Phra Nakhon district, very close to the Grand Palace.

So many beautiful buildings in one place.

The spirals! And mosaics!

The buildings here actually sparkle. I think someone was abit too liberal with the glitter! I'm not complaining, it's amazing!

It's a maze

Like an ancient land of wonders

So many spirals. Just beautiful. You would not think it from these photos but there were hundreds of tourists here.

The friendly giant himself. This reclining Buddha is 46m long.

This is classed as highest grade of Royal temples.

Next to the Buddha, places to pray

Inside the temple housing the reclining buddha

Streets of Bangkok

More canals

Dinner at Osito, spanish tapas.

patatas bravas at Osito

Tortilla

Croquettes

Duck dumplings with yuzu dressing

[/URL]
Everything was amazing. This restaurant is fine dining!

[/URL]
Siam Paragon at night

You cannot go to Bangkok without trying Mango Sticky rice! Strange salty combo with sweet delish mango.

More to posts to come :-::-::-::-:

Last edited by YU_GO_GONE; Jun 26, 2016 at 8:03 am
Old Aug 16, 2015, 3:48 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles and Smiles, Hhonors, ICHotels
Looks like a great start to your TR !!

And those food pictures, I am craving a pad thai right now...........
Old Aug 16, 2015, 6:48 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Awesome TR! It looks like you enjoyed many of Bangkok's delicious bites.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 6:56 am

Programs: Miles&More/Iberia plus
Great trip report!

I had two days in Bangkok a little more than a week ago, and it seems that we did the same walks... I recognize all the pics
Old Aug 16, 2015, 7:57 am

Programs: QFF
Great report so far. Really looking forward to the Balkans & Europe - I did inland Croatia and Slovenia a few months ago and really enjoyed it but wished I had made it to the Coast!
Old Aug 16, 2015, 8:21 am

Programs: M&M mainly
Fantastic plan you both had, fingers crossed you will continue reporting. Thanks! the pictures are great!
Old Aug 17, 2015, 1:15 am
Original Poster

I scream for Cookies and Ice Cream: A melt in your mouth experience!!

Day 5 was spent mostly relaxing by the pool, writing this blog. The weather was beautiful 35 degrees. We also went to pratunam market which was located near the hotel but I have no pics of this!

Pool at the Sukosol

Beef burger and green curry from the Sukosol - yummmmmm!

Watermelon juice and Canteloupe juice - We just cannot get enough!

For dinner we went to Creamery Boutique Ice Creams (as one does for dinner) - it took a while to find, located in the outskirts of the Bangkok but it was well worth it. It was also so busy!

We order classic cookie with brown bread ice cream and Banoffee - this was AMAZING. Highly recommended!!! The cookie they baked it fresh and it melted it in your mouth. We have never had anything like this and it was SENSATIONAL!!! This ice cream shop is a must have experience!

yummmmmmmmmm!!

We also had fresh raspberry and lemonade. Very nice.

And apparently these cookies came about because two people fell in love lol.

Interesting flavours like wedding cake, red velvet and bacon and eggs?? the bacon and eggs is supposed to very nice. Will have to try another time.

Next up is the flight to London via Vienna! :-::-::-::-:

Last edited by YU_GO_GONE; Oct 4, 2015 at 1:40 am
Old Aug 17, 2015, 1:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by roadwarrier
Looks like a great start to your TR !!

And those food pictures, I am craving a pad thai right now...........

That Pad thai was amazing! You have to try it!!
Old Aug 17, 2015, 1:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by agp423
Awesome TR! It looks like you enjoyed many of Bangkok's delicious bites.

Thank you! We had the best experience in terms of food and sights! We are only sorry to have to leave.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 1:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by csb001
Great trip report!

I had two days in Bangkok a little more than a week ago, and it seems that we did the same walks... I recognize all the pics

Thank you, we has the best time!! I'm sure you did too, we cannot get enough of Bangkok!
Old Aug 17, 2015, 1:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ChasingDaylight
Great report so far. Really looking forward to the Balkans & Europe - I did inland Croatia and Slovenia a few months ago and really enjoyed it but wished I had made it to the Coast!

Thank youu! we cannot wait for Balkans and Europe!!! We think this will be the most unique photos and experiences I can't wait to share the Skopje and Croatia photos
Old Aug 17, 2015, 1:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AhogZ
Fantastic plan you both had, fingers crossed you will continue reporting. Thanks! the pictures are great!
Thank you so much!! it's so nice to hear that I didn't think anyone would read it. It reallly inspires me when I get responses like this! I will try my best to share as many experiences as we have
Old Aug 17, 2015, 3:31 am

Thanks for sharing the information and pictures of the Creamery, it sounds like it would be worthwhile giving it a try next time I visit BKK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.