Reload this Page >

Off to Star megado on Oneworld - mostly business incl brand new AA 787

Off to Star megado on Oneworld - mostly business incl brand new AA 787

Old May 6, 2015, 10:55 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: some
New York JFK to Los Angeles (JFK-LAX) on American Airlines A321T in business

The next day I fly the same route in reverse and get to try American Airlines' premiere domestic configuration, unfortunately in business class and not in first class for these flights are 3-class and so the usual around the world business class books into first class does not apply. Still, even in business it should be better than 2-class domestic first class.

I was eligible to use the premium-lite check in area, for first and business class and Oneworld emerald and sapphire status passengers. This is not to be confused with the full premium check in area for international first class and concierge key status passengers. By luck I had arrived at a quiet time and had no wait to get 4 new boarding passes. No wait to enter the security queue at the priority lane. However the actual security queue was long and slow moving with just one lane open. It took nearly 30 minutes to reach the machines, during which time I could see the pre-check line with at least half a dozen TSA staff standing around talking and processing exactly 1 passenger. While in the queue I also saw several airline and shop staff bypass security completely (I don't count a nod of recognition by the TSA person manning the door as being any kind of security) through the door to the left of the main security line

Unlike at LAX I had a much less pleasant opt-out experience including being asked if I wanted to fly when I pointed out they were asking me to not be in sight of my belongings. Eventually I was through and made my way to the admirals club and through the inner door to the flagship lounge for a pre-flight snack and some beverages. The flagship lounge was fairly full by the time I left to the C-gate satellite terminal. I misjudged how long it takes to walk over there and so visited the admirals club in the satellite to wait for boarding. I left the premium drink chits for someone else to use per the AA treasure hunt thread.

I boarded early to secure overhead bin space. In business the seats are 2-2 configuration with angled slightly towards the windows. The seat is fairly narrow but comfortable enough. Good recline for domestic, and leg rest raises quite high. If you are tall there is a decent sized footwell. The plugs for power and headset are inconveniently located well behind you - this is one seat where my usual practice of plugging in the headset before sitting down comes in useful. Monitor and handset are both touch screen - the monitor is a bit far to reach without leaning forward out of the seat, while the handset was a bit too sensitive and had some tiny icons for fat fingers. I had difficulty adjusting volume without also jumping to a different part of the movie/tv show. A decent range of IFE options, better than some airlines have for international flights.

Pre-departure beverages of water, orange juice or sparkling wine. A moist towel. Menus handed out. A little amenity kit was already in the seat along with noise cancelling headset. Meal and drink orders were taken.

We pushed back slightly early for the first time in this trip. After take off drinks and warm nuts before the meal service. The IFE was very glitch-ey for me - somehow I managed to see 4 full length movies and a couple of tv shows in this trans-con flight. That should not be possible. I was too tired to work out exactly where the jumps were occurring. In addition to this the picture was periodically like looking at a scratched tape with poor sound quality to match. I gave up in the end and dozed.

At some stage when I was dozing, a basket of fruit was placed at the front of the cabin on one side and another basket of I'm guessing chips was at the front of the cabin on the other side. Near to descent hot cookies were passed out, and mints.

Service was great - far better than I'd had on Qantas the previous day. For example I was very frequently offered drink refills. The food and beverages were not necessarily better than on Qantas - more voluminous for sure, but also more "American" (good if you like that not so good otherwise). The seat was good for domestic, but nowhere near as good as the best international business class. I would pick this flight again, given the choice.

We landed quite early and for a moment I considered heading to the Qantas first class lounge before my next flight which departed a few hours later. Then I remembered I'd need to clear security twice whereas if I used the flagship lounge I do not need to clear security at all.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; May 6, 2015 at 12:23 pm
Old May 6, 2015, 11:12 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

American Airlines
Business Class menu
New York JFK to Los Angeles
May 2015

Menu

Starter

Marinated Sesame Shrimp
With cucumber relish

Salad

Seasonal Greens with Black Bean and Corn Relish
With your choice of creamy cilantro dressing or balsamic dressing

Assorted gourmet breads will be served with your meal

Entrees

Seasoned Grilled Beef Fillet
With morel mushroom sauce, mashed sweet potatoes and haricots verts

Horseradish Encrusted Salmon
With rice pilaf and sauteed spinach

Classic Italian Lasagne

Dessert

Traditional Ice Cream Sundae
Vanillla ice cream with your choice of hot fudge, butterscotch or seasonal berry toppings, whipped cream and chopped nuts

Gourmet Cheese Plate
An assortment of fine cheeses

Light Refreshment

Offered prior to arrival

Whole Fruit and Snacks
A selection of fresh seasonal fruit and premium snacks

Chocolate Chip Cookies
Warmed on board

Sparkling Wine

Lunetta Prosecco, Italy
Enticing aromas of apple and peach, refreshing, wonderfully balanced with a clean finish and crispness

White Wine

Kimmel Chardonnay
Pear and apple aromas, creamy structure and balanced acidity make this great with a variety of dishes.

Line 39 Sauvignon Blanc
Vibrant aromas and flavors of grapefruit, lemon and lime balanced by crisp acidity on the finish.

Red Wine

Echelon Cabernet Sauvignon
Sumptuous with flavors of juicy blackberry, black cherry and a hint of black pepper spice.

Glass Mountain Merlot
Juicy plum feel with root beer, allspice and peppermint notes leads to a cherry-flavored mid-palate.

Spirits

Tito's Handmade Vodka
Bacardi Rum
Bombay Sapphire Gin

Whiskeys

Canadian Club Blended Whisky
Dewar's White Label Scotch Whisky
Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey

Beers

Budweiser, Bud Light, Samuel Adams, Dos Equis and Heineken

Brandy and Liqueurs

Baileys Irish Cream
DiSaronno Amaretto

Other Beverages

Carbonated Beverages
Bottled Water
FreshBrew Coffeehous Roast
FreshBrew Decaffeinated Coffeehouse Roast
Tea
Fruit Juices
Milk

3Cls, Business, Dinner - Snack
73PMO15 5/15 203C103-1 3

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; May 9, 2015 at 2:00 am
Old May 6, 2015, 11:26 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Los Angeles transit take 2

I opted for the flagship lounge, having first entered the admirals club to pick up the access card for the inner sanctum. Since my previous visit here a couple of computers have been added, so no need to downgrade to the admirals club to use their computers.

I had a few hours before start of boarding and passed the time catching up on some papers, having a few drinks, writing some of this report, having a few drinks, etc. I was booted out of the lounge when it closed with over 100 minutes until departure. Presumably there were no later longhaul flights by American Airlines - just the redeyes to various places within USA. I didn't spend long in the admirals club for I was struggling to keep my eyes open. I took a short walk around the terminal before heading to the gate.
Old May 6, 2015, 11:27 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

American Airlines
First Class menu
Los Angeles Flagship Lounge
May 2015

Tonight's Dinner

Soup du Jour

Mini Salad Bar

Mixed Green Salad with House Dressing

Pasta Salad & Balsamic Roasted Vegetable Salad

Hot Entree

Tangy Mustard Maple Syrup Marinated & Roasted Beef Tri Tip with Whole Grain Mustard Sauce Served with Roasted Seasonal Vegetables

More Great Selection

Mini Deli Sandwiches

Fresh Fruit Salad

Assorted Cheese & Crackers

Assorted Chips & Granola Bars

Whole Fresh Fruits, Cookies & House Dessert
Old May 6, 2015, 12:23 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Red-eye mid-con Los Angeles to Dallas-Fort Worth (LAX-DFW) on American Airlines 757 in first

As I reached the gate I was paged. They had swapped my selected seat to enable an upgraded family to sit together. I had selected the bulkhead because there is no one to recline into you. I was moved to the rear row with no recline and naturally the passenger seated in front of me reclined the minute he sat down and kept his seat reclined right until landing. Grrr.

Pre-departure beverage was a choice of water or juice in a plastic cup. This was only offered once everyone was onboard. I fell asleep reasonably quickly but was woken by the announcements made after take off and before descent, so managed less than 2 hours of sleep. Ugg. I have another red-eye mid-con tonight to look forward to. Why did I do this to myself?
Old May 6, 2015, 2:17 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Dallas-Fort Worth transit

My onward flight was not one of the dozens of flight connections read out as we taxied to the terminal, so I checked the monitors just inside the terminal. I have a D gate, and we'd arrived at C. Since I want to walk rather than take the sky train, this gives me the perfect excuse to visit 2 admirals clubs along the way - in each of C and D terminals. I had a shower and a coffee to stay awake to make the onward flight. In between the walk over the freeway between terminals.

Dallas Fort-Worth to Chicago O'Hare (DFW-ORD) on American Airlines 737 in first

Other than being early morning, and thus with breakfast service (choice of quiche or oatmeal both with small selection of fruit and rolls) and the IFE showed some tv programs, it was similar to the red-eye flight. Same full cabin. Much the same seat. Me zonked out for much of the 2 hour flight.

There wasn't much of a view on descent due to fog spilling out from the lake.

Already I've flown quite a lot further than the great circle distance to get to the megado, and yet I'm only just now half way there by number of flights or by distance flown.
Old May 7, 2015, 7:04 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Chicago O'Hare to Los Angeles (ORD-LAX) on American Airlines 737 in first

After some pre-flight beverages in the flagship lounge I headed for the gate to arrive just before boarding commences. However there was no aircraft at the gate. I knew there was no inbound flight arriving at our gate so presumably there was some delay in moving the aircraft from wherever it was parked up. A five minute departure delay now showed on the screens, which seemed optimistic. However boarding was completed very quickly and we did push back only four minutes behind schedule.

With a slightly longer flight time this overhead monitors showed a movie instead of tv programs. I wasn't interested and dozed intermittently when not being woken by the light chop.

Dinner was the choice of beef lasagna or cheese lasagna. Ugg. Both come with a "salad" (comprising chopped lettuce, one cucumber slice, one tomato slice, and dressing), rolls and some pita with hummus.

We arrived 20 minutes early despite a long taxi to our gate.
Old May 7, 2015, 7:12 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Red-eye mid-con Los Angeles to Chicago O'Hare (LAX-ORD) on American Airlines 737 in first

I picked up another 2 boarding passes.

Very similar to the previous night. Why did I book 2 mid-con redeyes on consecutive nights? Visited flagship lounge and kicked out when it closed. Boarded. This is a different to my 2 previous AA 737 flights - there are personal tvs and earbuds in the seat. Offered a pre-departure drink (water only) which I declined. Fell asleep before we even pushed back. Woke up with the announcements being made on descent. Arrived early, feeling better than the previous morning although still rather tired. Offered a snack item upon disembarking.
Old May 8, 2015, 1:45 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Apologies for the delay in posting about the new 787. The internet connection here is a bit flakey so I'll post after this next longhaul flight instead of before it.
Old May 9, 2015, 3:07 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

almost inaugural Chicago O'Hare to Dallas-Fort Worth (ORD-DFW) on American Airlines 787-800 in first

When I found out the first commercial flight on American Airlines 787 was just a few days before megado, when I'd already be in USA en route and had considerable flexibility in where I would be on any given day, so I tried to get on the very first flight. I've been on many (over 20?) inaugural flights of various kinds over the years. They are generally great fun.

There was availability in first for the 2nd flight but not for the first. I waited a few days to see if anything opened up for the inaugural. After a few days I gave up and ticketed for the 2nd flight, not wanting to risk other parts of my itinerary becoming unavailable in the meantime. So I missed the first flight which had over 70 FTers onboard (yes a third of the passengers for a commercial flight!). I notice there are at least half a dozen reports on the inaugural flight by FTers.

I checked out the gate before heading for the lounge - in part to see how long it would take to walk there since it was the furthest possible from the lounge, but also to see what was being set up at tha gate. There was nothing there when I walked by so I traipsed back down L pier to the lounge. On entering the lounge the agent noted my boarding pass was printed the day before and said she'd double check for me if the gate had changed. I said I'd be surprised if it is given there aren't many gates that can take the 787. She laughed and then got quite animated talking about the new aircraft. It is good to see staff care about this.

I headed to the gate early, but not as early as I would have had I not been to the gate earlier in the day. I figured, correctly, that there wasn't going to be any ceremony at the gate. There was a token effort, with bags of popcorn for free and a bunch of balloons tied up at a table. There were 45 passengers on the upgrade list - none cleared. On boarding we were given a small goodie bag, which I understand matches the one given out on the inaugural flight. It had a little bag, tablet case, portable power supply, ear buds, two bags of popcorn and an inaugural 787 flight medallion.

I had a forward window seat in the second business class cabin - after these initial domestic flights for a few weeks the 787 will be used on international flights only and thus has business and coach cabins, it is just for the initial domestic flights the front cabins are sold as first. The layout is odd and doesn't seem that smart although it is highly efficient space-wise. Every second seat is rear-facing. The layout is 1-2-1. The forward facing window seats are rather tight across the shoulders for lying down - there is more room in the rear-facing window seats. The forward facing inner seats are angled inwards and so not good for a couple (bodies too far apart for easy conversation). The rear-facing inner seats are angled outwards and better for a couple. Thus in the mini cabin with 8 seats there is just 2 that work well for a couple. Alternatively the rear-facing inner seat and the forward facing window seat are just across the aisle and thanks to the slight offset in rows can easily see each other and converse.

As for the seat itself it is a bit cramped for longhaul. The seat walls are solid and high - the only space to the aisle is a small one at your feet (when sitting upright) and where the arm rest is lowered for take off, taxi and landing. Seat adjustments are on a touch screen. This worked okay in my seat but didn't for some seats. The seat reclines fully flat but I found it far too tight to be comfortable. In seat mode the seat was comfy but not good if you are claustrophobic.

Overhead bins are good size - very deep and happily take a modest sized rollaboard end in and on the edge rather than flat. The coathook on my seat was tiny and doesn't seem like it will take anything bulky.

Monitors are big and swing out from the seat wall. The IFE controller is touch screen. On my seat the monitor kept cutting out and oddly tapping the screen would bring it back on. However some parts of the IFE, such as wifi and chat were not working properly. Too many people trying them out I think. We were not given any headsets to use. Flight path was pretty good although I thought the little icons for right and left side map views were back to front.

There is a good sized shelf, and the table is decent size also. The cubby hole for putting stuff in however is tiny. It would be full with just a pair of noise cancelling headphones.

Pre-departure beverage was water, orange juice or bubbles. We had a water salute after pushing back from the gate. The pilot gave a big spiel about how wonderful this new aircraft was and how it was the second commercial flight (for AA of course - there are plenty of 787s flying now). After reaching cruise altitude one of the pilots came through the first/business cabins and had a (reasonably lengthy) chat with every one on the left hand side until he got in the way for meals being served. I don't think he got to the right hand side passengers.

Lunch was a choice of chicken salad or ravioli, plus quinoa salad, roll, and cookie or chocolate cheesecake for dessert.

The flight passed all too quickly and we soon landed at DFW and taxied into A terminal. It was good to have a chat with a few old friends. Apologies to the other people I had meant to meet but didn't who were also on the flight (or hanging around after taking the inaugural flight up).

--------------
Edited to add.

I forgot to mention the forward facing seats all have shoulder belt (as well as the more usual lap belt). Also the bulkhead at the front of economy was extremely squeaky. Hopefully whatever is rubbing quickly wears down so it doesn't squeak - it was very annoying for a sub 2 hour flight and I can't imagine how I'd feel about it after a longhaul flight.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; May 9, 2015 at 7:46 pm
Old May 9, 2015, 8:06 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Dallas-Fort Worth to London Heathrow (DFW-LHR) on American Airlines 777-300ER in business

When I checked in at terminal D the check in area was very quiet. The agent was very chatty and my check in took maybe 20 minutes as a consequence. I was in no hurry and there was no one else being held up. I got another 3 boarding passes, which saves me some hassle with transfer desk for my next airline likely not being open in London when I arrive. I noticed the second flight my pre-selected window seat had been shifted to an inner seat. I asked if I could switch back but was told the cabin was full with only one other seat not selected by other passengers, and that was also an inner seat.

Security was slow - again only one line was being used and while there were not many passengers some had five or six bins worth of stuff! On entry to the admirals club I obtained some extra premium drink chits after pointing out how long it was until boarding - you can't expect a thirsty kiwi flyer to get by on just a couple of chits I caught up on some stuff and the time went by very quickly - boarding was called when I thought I still had over an hour until boarding. Our gate was very nearby.

The flight was totally full. I had selected the rear window seat in the forward business cabin. This was a good choice as the inner seats are quite a bit further forward meaning this seat is extremely private despite not being a suite.

The seat is fairly decent and comfy. 1-2-1 with window seats angled towards the window. Not as enclosing as the 787 I flew yesterday. Lies fully flat. Decent legroom. The headset socket is hidden in the cubby hole which has a door, and there is a much more visible power point that looks kinda like the headset socket. Noise cancelling headphones and menu were already at the seat. No water bottle, and indeed there wasn't one handed out in flight either - which may be the first time I've flown mediumhaul or longhaul in a premium cabin and not received a water bottle.

Pre-departure drinks a choice of water, orange juice, or champagne. We pushed back on time. After take off another drink and some nuts before meal service (and more drinks of course).

I saw a couple of movies. I wanted to get 5 or so hours sleep on this 8 hour flight, but only managed a couple of hours, if that. I blame the storms late the previous night which meant I slept in much later than I normally would and was therefore not at all tired until late in the flight.

Somewhere in the middle of the flight they ran out of the drink I was having. I swear I didn't have that much so either very little was catered or it was a highly popular choice, or both

breakfast was served about 90 minutes before landing. For the first time I can recall we had no circling over southern England, just flying past the airport with 180 degree turn over the London Eye before final approach for landing.
Old May 9, 2015, 8:07 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

American Airlines
Business Class menu
Dallas to London
May 2015

Menu

Starter

Roasted Beet and Quinoa Salad
With herbed goat cheese, toasted pepitas and dried fruit

Salad

Spinach and Frisee with Strawberries and Blue Cheese
With your choice of blue cheese dressing or balsamic vinaigrette

Assorted gourmet breads will be served with your meal

Entrees

Boursin Crusted Beef Fillet
With creamy deli-glace, mashed red skin potatoes and sauteed kale

Herbed Turkey Cutlet
With sour cherry sauce, orzo pasta and broccoli with garlic

Pepper and Olive Tapenade Crusted Halibut
With herb roasted potatoes

Saffron Gnocchi
With cherry tomato sauce, asparagus, mushrooms and Parmesan cheese

Express Meal

For more time to work, relax or sleep, request this single-course meal, served with a seasonal salad, your choice of entree and a fruit and cheese plate for dessert.

Dessert

Cookies and Cream Ice Cream

Gourmet Cheese Plate
Fontina, dill Havarti and smoked cheddar

Four Seasons Mousse Cake

Breakfast

Offered prior to arrival

Entrees

Quiche Lorraine
With fire roasted chicken sausage, paprika potatoes and grilled tomato

Fresh Fruit Bowl
With granola and Greek yoghurt

Served with warm breakfast breads and your choice of beverage

Wine List

Champagne

Demilly de Baere Cuvee Carte d'Or Brut
A blend of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay with red fruit aromas and a subtle toastiness.

White Wine

Jean Claude Mas "Limoux Blanc"
Luscious palate of stunning apple and pear with a toasted scent reminiscent of a favourite bakery.

Tresolmos Lias Verdejo, Ruedo, Spain
This brilliant Verdejo is enhanced by mineral toast and bakery notes, with a fine harmonious balance.

Red Wine

Metayage Shiraz
Bold and beautiful Australian Shiraz, big on the palate with sweet plum jam aromas throughout.

Casa Monheim Carmenere
Notes of blackcurrant with fresh mint and hints of cigar box. Powerful with well-integrated oak.

Dessert Wine

Bodegas Lustau Sherry, Jerez
Palomino Fino grapes, a great balance of alcohol and flavour, and delicate texture on the palate.

Senhora do Convento Vintage Port
Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca and Tinta Roriz give blackberry, walnut and cherry flavours.

Chase's Choice

A wine from our cellars especially selected by Ken Chase
Please ask your flight attendant about this wine choice.

Beverages

Spirits

Bacardi Rum
Bombay Sapphire Gin
Tito's Handmade Vodka

Whiskeys

Canadian Club Blended Whisky
Dewar's White Label Scotch Whisky
Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey

Brandy and Liqueurs

Baileys Irish Cream
DiSaronno Amaretto
Courvoisier V.S.O.P. Fine Champagne Cognac

Beers

Budweiser, Bud Light, Samuel Adams, Dos Equis, Amstel Light and Heineken

Other Beverages

Coca-Cola Classic
Diet Coke
Coke Zero
Dr Pepper
Diet Dr Pepper
Sierra Mist Natural
Diet Sierra Mist
Canada Dry Ginger Ale
Canada Dry Tonic Water
Canada Dry Club Soda
FreshBrew Coffeehous Roast
FreshBrew Decaffeinated Coffeehouse Roast
Bigelow Tea
Milk
Bottled Water
Mott's Tomato Juice
Mr & Mrs T Bloody Mary Mix
Minute Maid Apple Juice
Minute Maid Cranberry Apple Juice
Minute Maid Orange Juice

3Cls, Business, US-UK, Dinner - Hot Breakfast
73PM297 5/15 210C017-1 1
Old May 9, 2015, 8:18 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

London Heathrow transit

Our arrival gate was at the end of a pier so a decent walk to flight connection centre. I didn't mind for it is good to stretch after sitting so much. There was a short wait for the bus for T3 to T4 transfers - it arrived about 5 minutes after the time indicated to next bus for T3 to T4. The bus ride itself takes nearly 10 minutes. At T4 security queue was short so I was soon back airside and went straight to the lounge.

Qatar Airways has a non-standard lounge access eligibility - first and business class passengers can use their Premium Lounge at LHR while elite passengers in economy class get to use the Skyteam lounge at LHR. (Similarly at DOH the main lounge is only available for first and business class passengers.)

As with Emirates lounges that are for both first and business class, the food and beverage catering is better than you'd normally get for a purely business class lounge on other airlines. ^ I also had the option of visiting the Malaysia Golden Wings Lounge (at least until their flight departs) but it was an easy choice to skip this.

I'd arrived just as the last morning flight was boarding, and the first afternoon flight was not for several hours. Thus at the start of my lounge visit I was the only passenger, ably served and heavily outnumbered by the staff.

I had a long transit so plenty of time to shower and freshen up. The shower rooms are pretty good although perhaps not the best amenities. I like the area by the clothes hooks is heated so your clothes are nice and warm when you get dressed.

I also had plenty of time to sample some of the beverages on offer. After a while I got bored and was feeling rather sleepy so went for a few laps of the terminal to stretch out and hopefully waken up. My laps included going out all the way to the end (and back) of the victor pier. I still have nightmares from when I'd get horrible transfers with departure gate way out there - those gates are a good 10+ minutes walk from the main part of the terminal along a sloping and twisting passageway. This filled in the time nicely.
Old May 9, 2015, 8:19 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Qatar Airways
Business Class menu
London Premium Lounge
May 2015

Breakfast Menu

Fine, Loose Leaf Tea
English Breakfast, Earl Grey, Green, Fresh Mint, Himalayan Darjeeling, Ceylon Orange Pekoe

Fair-Trade Coffee
(Flavoured syrups available on request : Hazelnut, Almond, Maple, Vanilla & Coconut)
Traditional Arabic Coffee with Medjool Dates, Cafe Americano, Cappuccino, Cafe Latte, Espresso, Espresso Macchiato, Hot Chocolate, Cafe Mocha

Fruit Juices
Cranberry, Orange, Apple, Grapefruit, Tomato, Mango and Pineapple Juice

Fresh, Homemade Smoothies

Wild Berries
Strawberries, Blackberries, Blueberries, Yoghurt, Strawberry Syrup

Banana & Strawberry
Banana, Strawberries, Yoghurt, Milk, Vanilla Syrup

Pineapple & Melon
Pineapple, Melon, Mango, Apple Juice, Orange Juice and Almond Syrup

English Breakfast
Sauteed Wild Mushrooms, Grilled Tomatoes, Parsely & Herb-Potato Cakes & Baked Beans & Chicken Sausages
Served with your choice of Scrambled Eggs, Poached or Omelette

Eggs Royale
Smoked Salmon, Hollandaise Sauce on an English Muffin

Scottish Oats Porridge
Traditionally served warm with Maple Syrup, Dark Raisins & Cinnamon

Classic Bagel with Cream Cheese
Multi Grain Bagel, Cream Cheese & Fresh Chives,
Served with Smoked Organic Salmon

Organic Seasonal Yoghurt
Strawberry Coulis, Granola & Honey

Pancakes and Berries
with maple syrup and Clotted cream
Old May 9, 2015, 8:20 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Qatar Airways
Business Class menu
London Premium Lounge
May 2015

Lunch Menu

Champagne

Bollinger Special Cuvee Brut
Bollinger Rose Brut

White Wine

Dopff & Irion Vorbourg Grand Cru Pinot Gris, Alsace, France 2010
Gustave Lorentz Gewurtztraminer, Alsace, France 2010
Tantehue Sauvignon Blanc, Central Valley, Chile 2013
Pinot Grigio, Ca del Blanco, IGT delle Venezia, Italy 2013
Devlin's Mount, Chardonnay, South Australia 2013

Red Wine

Poggio Colombi, Cabernet Sauvignon, IGT Toscana Maremma, Italy 2011
Devlin's Mount, Shiraz, Riverland, South Australia 2012
The Landings, Shiraz Cabernet Sauvignon, South Eastern Australia 2013

Dessert Wine

Chateau de Fesles Bonnezeaux, Loire, France 2010

Soup

Mediterranean Tomato & Basil Soup (v)
Classic Potato & Leek Soup (v)
Creamy, Carrot & Coriander Soup (v)
Thai Tom Yum Soup

Salads

Quinoa Salad (v)
Summer Pea & Garden Vegetables, Quinoa, Goats Cheese, Fresh Pea Shoots

Ceasar Salad
House Smoked Chicken Breast, Baby Gem Lettuce, Quail Egg, Crispy Turkey, Roast Garlic, Croutons

Main Courses

Falafel (v) & Chicken Shawarma Wrap Platter
Served with Green Salad, Olives & Pickles

Club Sandwich
Salmon or Grilled Chicken Breast, Guacamole, Rocket, Mayonnaise

Chicken Biryani
Chicken Breast, Basmati Rice, Onion, Coriander, Cardamom, Cumin, Chili, Cashew Nuts, Raita

Vegetable Biryani (v)
Basmati Rice, Carrots, Green Beans, Peas, Onion, Coriander, Garlic, Ginger, Cashew Nuts, Raita

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.