DUB-KOA Back to Back LIVE TR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DUB-KOA Back to Back LIVE TR

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2015, 10:31 am

Programs: BA Silver
The LAX Flagship lounge definitely beats GF for celebrity spotting if that is your thing. Otherwise I'd take GF. The LAX Flagship kind of reminds me of the Flounge at LGW but with better views.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: GGL/CCR
Picked up by an UberX at LCY and home 20 mins later - shattered but coping so far!

What a trip... already planning next year with Jamier45

Roll on the 1500 point run in August ^

Hope you all enjoyed the running commentary - this is Teledude signing out

Questions / comments welcome ^
Old Apr 6, 2015, 1:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
That was a great TR to follow over the weekend, it certainly made me stop by his forum a few more times than I would have otherwise.

I'm Glad you enjoyed the AA77W, and I would agree that the mini-cabin is one of the best ways to get across the pond.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 2:48 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by teledude
Picked up by an UberX at LCY and home 20 mins later - shattered but coping so far!

What a trip... already planning next year with Jamier45

Roll on the 1500 point run in August ^

Hope you all enjoyed the running commentary - this is Teledude signing out

Questions / comments welcome ^
How's the spreadsheet progressing?
Old Apr 6, 2015, 3:58 pm

Programs: BAEC
Fantastic report teledude, it has kept me in craic all through the Easter break, congrats for writing it and enjoy your new, but hard earned status!
Old Apr 6, 2015, 4:03 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Kris-flyer, Etihad Guest
Really enjoyed reading/keeping up with the trip.....the only bit that did not appeal was the back to back in Hawaii .... but needs must.
Thanks for making the effort in doing a TR for the rest of us
Old Apr 6, 2015, 8:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF NB
Originally Posted by ttama
What does a snack basket consist of? I think USAir now offer the same, and I'm on an eligible flight with them later this week.

Edited to add a big thanks to teledude for the trip report.
When I flew AA in January, if a snack basket was offered, it consisted of similar products regardless of the flight - cookies, pretzels and chips are the main things I remember, I'm pretty sure there were a few more choices as well.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 11:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: GGL/CCR
All points posted ^ now to wait for Gold to update

AA snack baskets

Old Apr 6, 2015, 11:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Guess the snack basket is more or less something to forget
Old Apr 7, 2015, 12:08 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Speedbird876
If you choose a front row seat on American your bags, of course, will have to go in the overhead locker for takeoff and landing.

It's worth remembering that the seat belt sign will not go off for a long time, most likely until the full cruising altitude is reached. This will feel like a very long time if you're waiting to grab something from up above.
Everyone ignores the seat belt signs on AA apart from take off and landing. AA pilots like keeping them on, and turn them on at any small hint of turbulence, but passengers get around this by ignoring them and cc don't say anything.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 12:12 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I am surprised you find the Flagship Lounge better than the Flounge! What is it you find better?
I would agree. The AC is rubbish, and the Flagship is much better. Overall though the LHR GF is better than the Flagship. The Flagship does win on some points inclduing nicer showers and very speedy internet. Other than that the GF is a better lounge.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 12:15 am

Programs: BA Gold
Cool

I have to say that I have read this thread from afar. If anything because I am amazed of the distances travelled in such a short period of time, and the dread AA 757 to KOA (better than US!) But, well done teledude

H
Old Apr 7, 2015, 12:18 am

Just catching up with this teledude and it is an interesting read. Good points made on hard/soft products. I still find AA hit and miss - short flights with mere snacks in domestic F and CC who can be odd sometimes. I rarely seem to have a nice AA CC. Inflight wifi is amazing though, and bigger seat is good with lots of legroom (at least if you stay out of the bulkhead seats!).

Apart from the Flagships I don't think the remaining AC lounges are any good apart from providing somewhere to sit and a free coffee.

Just doing a mixture of US and AA on my current holiday. I don't mind US although I prefer AA. However, the lack of at seat power on US is a bummer on transcons when you have a 5hr+ flights and your laptop battery runs out after 3 hrs.

I have yet to do an AA TATL so perhaps I need to try that soon.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 12:23 am

Programs: BA Silver
After May 1st. AA are bringing back plated light snacks on all Redeye flights.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 12:30 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by teledude
In the DAA longue now for 4 hours...kill me now they wanted 333eur to put me on an earlier flight
Interesting trip report. I am in Dublin and was going to go to the airport early to try and get on the earlier flight but I dont think I will bother now! Was that for CE? I am starting my trip today

aks120

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.