Reload this Page >

DUB-KOA Back to Back LIVE TR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DUB-KOA Back to Back LIVE TR

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2015, 4:56 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by moneypooraviosrich
Very good info thanks. I did a google street view and TBH it seem a bit of a nightmare but I wasn't going to pay $25 to get to a hotel. I didnt know about the free shuttle buses. I wont be landing till after midnight, do they run all the time?
Yes, it's a 24 hour service. Don't do this, since if everyone did it they would stop it, but what I do is if a shuttle bus for the nearby hotel comes up first then I jump on that, walk into the reception and then on to the next hotel. Very naughty.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 5:01 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by xenole
That's what I did last month. It goes on a magical mystery tour first to another hotel.

Not sure if 25000 points for a night at the CP is worth it against paying £126 / $185ish?
(Must admit that I did that myself last month, couple of days out due to a change of plans, as it cost a little bit more cash wise and I got 2000 points back, 3 free breakfast coupons and 2 drinks coupons as my room wasn't ready at 11pm).
But I have lots of IHG points burning a hole in my account, so I thought why not.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 5:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: GGL/CCR
AA 105 at gate 35 preparing for boarding.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 5:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
What seat have you got? I loved 3A. Also go and check out the size of the toilet behind 4K, surely they could have had another seat on that plane!!

Enjoy.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 5:29 am
Original Poster

7j outbound and minicabin back.

I'm never doing club tatl again. This is awesome! Let's see how the service is....

Champagne in plastic flute....I'll let that go for now...

Last edited by teledude; Apr 3, 2015 at 5:34 am
Old Apr 3, 2015, 5:49 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Are they your own QC25s are are they AA ones? Being provided with them on the flight would be another great bonus

Last edited by madfish; Apr 3, 2015 at 6:36 am
Old Apr 3, 2015, 5:54 am
Original Poster

AA provided mate...

Menu and IFE pics soon...IFE is miles ahead of CW.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 6:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF NB
The seats on the AA 77W are IMO superior in most ways to CW seats except for sleeping, when I think a rear-facing CW seat is better. AA has a better drinks selection - if you like Bloody Mary's, do get one (or many) on the flight - the Bloody Mary mix they stock is mighty tasty! Bonus points also for stocking Disaronno.

I've flown 3 times on the 77Ws, but all have been eastbound overnight flights so I never really got to experience the full AA service...which basically means I've been deprived of the custom sundaes for dessert!

Enjoy the flight!
Old Apr 3, 2015, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by teledude
I'm never doing club tatl again. This is awesome!
I got lambasted by Hiddy and Co for expressing such views on here (AA are awful you know!), so you might want to temper that down

I have never had a problem with service on AA (despite some giving the impression that it is consistently below par) so it would be interesting to hear your thoughts.

Enjoy the delightful AA 77W hard product!
Old Apr 3, 2015, 6:35 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

AA provided mate...

Menu and IFE pics soon...IFE is miles ahead of CW.
If it is like on the A321T then I know exactly what you mean.

Have to say, will look at AA next time in order to compare fully.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 6:42 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by BerksFlyer
I got lambasted by Hiddy and Co for expressing such views on here (AA are awful you know!), so you might want to temper that down

I have never had a problem with service on AA (despite some giving the impression that it is consistently below par) so it would be interesting to hear your thoughts.

Enjoy the delightful AA 77W hard product!
Cannot comment on 77W but had very mixed service with AA on 4 domestics in the last week. This included A321T, and a really poor four hour flight on B738. No food and warm water to drink.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by madfish
Cannot comment on 77W but had very mixed service with AA on 4 domestics in the last week. This included A321T, and a really poor four hour flight on B738. No food and warm water to drink.
Domestic and international will be very different, just like on BA. Four hours without food is a bit much though!

For a night flight the AA77W wins for me. The bed is 6ft 3in and feels more roomy to me, and the personal storage space is far greater. The IFE is also superior. On a night flight I am personally not looking for great service, just great sleep!
Old Apr 3, 2015, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Gutted the WiFi isn't gogo so that's another 19usd! Doh . Service is fine.... it's definitely not BA with a smile though

Bloody Mary is bloody marvellous

Last edited by teledude; Apr 3, 2015 at 6:58 am
Old Apr 3, 2015, 7:12 am

See if you can get hold of the can that the tomato juice comes in - it's got about 300 ingredients (mostly e-numbers) but it sure tastes good

Great TR btw
Old Apr 3, 2015, 7:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF NB
The vodka that AA serve (Tito's) is one of my favourites. I picked up a bottle duty free on my way back from BOS in March. Just a shame that the UK duty free limit for spirits is only 1L...we get 2.25L back in Australia!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.