Search

30th B'day trip to Park Hyatt Dubai (Terrace suite) QF F vs QR F showdown

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2015, 3:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist
Top notch report! Loving it so far.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 7:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
I've said this before, but you write as I feel when I'm travelling - like an excited schoolboy! Great details yet again Jermyn, loving it, wish I had the inclination to write travel reports like yours.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Excellent report thus far! I really look forward to the rest.

QF F looks quite nice and the food definitely looks appetizing. Great looking product overall. The single strange thing to me is the cutlery. It just looks chintzy and out of place compared with everything else.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 12:36 pm

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that
Awesome report so far! And Happy Birthday!
Can't wait to read more.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 1:54 pm

No room for the steak sandwich? Hear good things about that snack item.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 5:31 pm

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Thanks for the awesome writeup
Old Feb 24, 2015, 3:35 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Happy Birthday and great read.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 4:32 am

Programs: LH, BA, Hilton
Super TR
Old Feb 24, 2015, 4:54 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Your trip reports are outstanding, especially your boyish enthusiasm, love it. ^
Old Feb 24, 2015, 7:16 am

Programs: AA EXPLT
I still maintain that QF has the best F product. Both hard and soft product are superb.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 2:50 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Great TR. Looking forward to comparing your QF F and PH DXB Terrace Suite experience with mine.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 12:57 pm

Looking forward to your thoughts on PH DXB as well...we'll be there for 5 nights next month booked in a suite.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 4:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Sublime TR. May I ask, did you find that the pajamas fit acceptably, and if so, what size did you request? I'm fairly trim as well, and I always feel like I'm swimming in them. :P
Old Feb 28, 2015, 4:15 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Ronin - churn and burn
Originally Posted by Madone59
Wonderful TR, and detailed photos. Looking forward to the rest ^
Originally Posted by thetravelingRedhead
very nice! im subscribed for this one always good to see a different F report on here
Originally Posted by avm2806
loving this TR! Hope you had / have a great 30th birthday.
Originally Posted by deovrat
Very good photos and detailing !
Originally Posted by PoincianaKings
Top notch report! Loving it so far.
Originally Posted by tuchop
Awesome report so far! And Happy Birthday!
Can't wait to read more.
Originally Posted by chongl
Thanks for the awesome writeup
Originally Posted by apodo77
Happy Birthday and great read.
Originally Posted by Circumknowitall
Super TR
Originally Posted by JohnRain
Your trip reports are outstanding, especially your boyish enthusiasm, love it. ^
Originally Posted by akersnl
I still maintain that QF has the best F product. Both hard and soft product are superb.

Wow! Thanks so much for all the positive comments everyone!
These trip reports take so long to put together, hearing all the positive feedback really makes it worthwhile

Originally Posted by RTW4
Fantastic trip report.. I am taking QF 2 in a couple of weeks all the way to SYD...
Have a safe flight, I'm sure you'll have an amazing experience! Can we expect a TR from you?

Originally Posted by m0hamed
Great TR. Looking forward to comparing your QF F and PH DXB Terrace Suite experience with mine.
Thanks mm0hamed, you are a repository of Hyatt info on FT and many of your posts have helped me to plan my travels. I'm glad you're looking forward to the rest of the TR.

Originally Posted by bmrisko
Looking forward to your thoughts on PH DXB as well...we'll be there for 5 nights next month booked in a suite.
Have a great trip, I'm sure you'll really enjoy it. I'll do my best to get the Dubai parts uploaded beforehand so that I can give you some pointers and things to do!

Originally Posted by JamieABZ
I've said this before, but you write as I feel when I'm travelling - like an excited schoolboy! Great details yet again Jermyn, loving it, wish I had the inclination to write travel reports like yours.
Thanks JabieABZ. Even if you don't post them publicly, I'd really recommend writing up reports for yourself. The process is immensely rewarding. Writing permits you to re-enter the headspace that you occupied when you were travelling.

Originally Posted by cmd320
Excellent report thus far! I really look forward to the rest.

QF F looks quite nice and the food definitely looks appetizing. Great looking product overall. The single strange thing to me is the cutlery. It just looks chintzy and out of place compared with everything else.
Thanks!

Ha, I agree. I described it as picnic cutlery in a previous TR. You'd have thought they could improve it for F. On the other hand, love that coffee cups and plates.

Originally Posted by grandgourmand
No room for the steak sandwich? Hear good things about that snack item.
Not this time. On such a short flight, you've barely digested dinner by the time you touch down in DXB!

Originally Posted by Eric Westby
Sublime TR. May I ask, did you find that the pajamas fit acceptably, and if so, what size did you request? I'm fairly trim as well, and I always feel like I'm swimming in them. :P
Thanks and I'll take 'fairly trim' as a compliment! I went for M. I usually find on most airlines that an M top and L bottoms work quite well. M bottoms give me a sort of Bieberesque look that I'm keen to avoid.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 4:17 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Smile

Originally Posted by Jermyn
Thanks mm0hamed, you are a repository of Hyatt info on FT and many of your posts have helped me to plan my travels. I'm glad you're looking forward to the rest of the TR.
Thanks. That's very kind and made my day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.