Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Australia, the farewell tour: NSW Coast, Great Ocean Road, Tasmania then SYD-LHR in F

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Australia, the farewell tour: NSW Coast, Great Ocean Road, Tasmania then SYD-LHR in F

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2015, 1:18 am

Programs: BA Silver (Oneworld Sapphire), VS Silver, Skywards Blue, UA General, Qantas Bronze.
Thank you for this report matthandy. It was a great read, and the emotion of leaving Sydney really comes through without drowning out the trip itself. Your Sydney - London photos and commentary were as good as ever, despite your mixed feelings and concern over the quality of the report....

^
Old May 12, 2015, 10:59 am

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Are we laying bets? I'll take unders' on three years that M.H. returns to the Lucky Country. Although, not in the style or price point of a 10 pound pommie:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Pound_Poms
Old May 14, 2015, 4:13 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Thanks for sharing with us your final days in SYD, and have now managed to fall into living in the UK, know it must have been so hard to leave after over 3 years there. QF do a wonderful F service, have done it many times, and always been impressed with the staff and food, albeit have not done the journey via DXB, which did not sound all that good. Will definitely think of doing the visit to Fort Denison when out again in Oct. Will be doing the A380 out via SIN, so looking forward to that, as the return this year on the A380 was not one that one would expect flying F, very poor service and staff that really were not interested in their job. Look forward to reading more of your TR's in due course.^
Old May 15, 2015, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Excellent final updates, matthandy ^ It's clear it was tough leaving, but hopefully now you've been back a fair amount of time you're happy with the decision.

I have never been enamoured with the look of Emirates (either their onboard or ground products). I'm in no hurry to try them or any Middle Eastern airline for that matter - all far too blingy for my taste. In the battle between Emirates, Etihad and Qatar Airways, only the latter am I likely to try anytime in the future, given the oneworld connection.

Glad you had two good flights with Qantas - they are a great airline, IMO. The A380 First Class product is excellent all round.
Old May 16, 2015, 8:38 pm

Programs: QF P1 (OWE) LTG (OWS)
Very enjoyable TR^

Interesting to read your comments on QF F. We've just returned from our QF1 and 2 F SYD-LHR-SYD...

The staff were excellent on all four sectors

The wine list was a very low standard for F (different menu)

The food was ok ... my steak was tough and terrible.

The DXB FCL is a sensory overload of mustard and camel

Best of British for your next life phase!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.