Wiki Posts
Search

My christmas in London

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2015, 2:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue, Skymiles, JetPrivilege, BA Executive Club
My christmas in London

I recently had a trip to London over christmas. It was a great experience, and I really enjoyed my time in the United Kingdom.
Do check the first part of my trip report on my blog at: http://earnandburnmiles.blogspot.co....rt-series.html

I will be writing more on this trip!

Last edited by bsaurabh; Jan 25, 2015 at 5:39 am
Old Jan 12, 2015, 8:15 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Spire, Radisson Gold
Good work - Looking forward to part 2

I work for the UK arm of NS, so I'm frequently doing LCY-AMS and LHR-AMS on BA for work.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hcuk94
Good work - Looking forward to part 2

I work for the UK arm of NS, so I'm frequently doing LCY-AMS and LHR-AMS on BA for work.
Thanks!
This is my first trip report, so I am pretty excited about sharing it

Old Jan 12, 2015, 11:16 am

My last flight from Amsterdam to London was in the 1960s on a KLM Electra or Viscount; don't remember which but I do remember still a nice lunch of typical Dutch sandwiches.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

Its been busy but I have put up part 2(final part) of the trip report. It was a fun time at London, and I am sure to visit it some time again for another trip

http://earnandburnmiles.blogspot.nl/...as-part-2.html

Old Jan 13, 2015, 1:32 pm
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
That second "view of the National Gallery" is actually a photo of the Horse Guards in Whitehall, close to Downing Street.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 5:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 1P
That second "view of the National Gallery" is actually a photo of the Horse Guards in Whitehall, close to Downing Street.
Thanks, have updated the same! Must have gotten me confused while selecting photos
Old Jan 14, 2015, 2:45 pm

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
Thanks for taking the time to post. Always interesting to see where visitors visit.

Come back soon and have a good nose around, get a half price ticket for a show from the ticket booth in Leicester square. Jump on a river bus and take the boat up to Grenwich or down to Hampton Court palace.

If you are looking for an interesting and cost effective way of visiting, there is a special ticket you can get from any rail station in Holland to London. It's called rail and sail
Travel overnight on the huge ferry in your own private cabin. Ticket including cabin is around 90euro single, but it save a nights hotel each way. It is very easy!
Old Jan 25, 2015, 5:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Skipcool3
Thanks for taking the time to post. Always interesting to see where visitors visit.

Come back soon and have a good nose around, get a half price ticket for a show from the ticket booth in Leicester square. Jump on a river bus and take the boat up to Grenwich or down to Hampton Court palace.

If you are looking for an interesting and cost effective way of visiting, there is a special ticket you can get from any rail station in Holland to London. It's called rail and sail
Travel overnight on the huge ferry in your own private cabin. Ticket including cabin is around 90euro single, but it save a nights hotel each way. It is very easy!
Thanks for the suggestions
I also plan to visit Scotland when I visit next.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 6:07 am

Programs: BAEC
Glad you liked St.Albans, my home town

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.