Wiki Posts
Search

Watching an airline being born - Vistara Inaugural Flight in Premium Economy

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2015, 3:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Tsun
Perhaps they did some status matching? I think it would be wise for a new airline to encourage competitors FF's to try out their product.
As per my knowledge, they haven't done any status matching till now. But it absolutely makes sense for a new and upcoming airline.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 1:35 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Tsun
Perhaps they did some status matching? I think it would be wise for a new airline to encourage competitors FF's to try out their product.
Nah
Old Jan 11, 2015, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Fascinating report - and curious to see the recycling of the "UK" flight prefix that used to belong to AirUK, which was acquired by KLM a couple of decades back!
Old Jan 11, 2015, 8:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
Fascinating report - and curious to see the recycling of the "UK" flight prefix that used to belong to AirUK, which was acquired by KLM a couple of decades back!
Didn't know that bit of trivia, thanks !
Old Jan 12, 2015, 7:39 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Food in PE on UK looks better than in C on AI
Old Jan 12, 2015, 11:20 am

You are very lucky in India to get such splendid service. That no longer exists in the US and even among some European routes.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 9:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TPJ
Food in PE on UK looks better than in C on AI
Thats what I thought too! 9W once served me a meal in J that was a notch below this.

Originally Posted by Bretteee
You are very lucky in India to get such splendid service. That no longer exists in the US and even among some European routes.
Well, we are quite a demanding bunch when it comes to service standards, aren't we!
It comes down to a bit of cultural differences as well. If you work in a service industry in Asia, you work hard to please people, regardless of your pay.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 2:38 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Great read, thanks!
Old Jan 13, 2015, 3:00 am
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Thanks for posting the report and photos. Appreciate it.

No in flight movies/TV screens? This is going to be a hard sell. They need to offer a little bit more in comfort and entertainment if they want to charge those sorts of prices I think.

Just my humble opinion.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 3:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gnopps
Great read, thanks!
Thank you for reading

Originally Posted by wolf72
Thanks for posting the report and photos. Appreciate it.

No in flight movies/TV screens? This is going to be a hard sell. They need to offer a little bit more in comfort and entertainment if they want to charge those sorts of prices I think.

Just my humble opinion.
Thanks for the appreciation, this was my first TR so I was a little tentative
I wholeheartedly agree that for the price, seatback screens were expected by me from the start.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 3:45 am
mag

Programs: LH M&M, FTL / *S
Thank you for the nice report.
Sure enough, this service looks promising.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 4:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mag
Thank you for the nice report.
Sure enough, this service looks promising.
Thats the standout thing along with food, that differentiates this airline from 9W & AI for me personally.
Thanks for reading ^
Old Jan 17, 2015, 12:02 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: FlyingBlue | Krisflyer | SPG | HHonors
Like many have mentioned, the food in Vistara looks good for a short domestic flight! Having been to India, and taken AI, JetKonnect (the LCC version of 9W) and 6E, I liked 6E best and Vistara looks to be another choice if I return! I do hope they get more routes running though.

One question to the OP, do you mind letting me know how much the fares are for Y+ and Y. Maybe you could let me know via PM!
Old Jan 17, 2015, 2:42 am
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
What are the future routes Vistara plan on covering? North India as well? Could this airline be the one to steal the thunder of Air Asia and to replace Spice Airlines (or whatever it's name is?)
Old Jan 17, 2015, 4:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by quirrow
Like many have mentioned, the food in Vistara looks good for a short domestic flight! Having been to India, and taken AI, JetKonnect (the LCC version of 9W) and 6E, I liked 6E best and Vistara looks to be another choice if I return! I do hope they get more routes running though.

One question to the OP, do you mind letting me know how much the fares are for Y+ and Y. Maybe you could let me know via PM!
Hi quirrow, looking a month ahead, the roundtrip refundable fares for DEL-BOM in Economy are around INR 12500 while Premium Economy are around INR 17000. I think you can get some non-refundable rates less than these too.
Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by wolf72
What are the future routes Vistara plan on covering? North India as well? Could this airline be the one to steal the thunder of Air Asia and to replace Spice Airlines (or whatever it's name is?)
Hi wolf72, currently Vistara flies between Delhi, Mumbai and Ahmedabad. The next route it will fly is Delhi to Goa. Future ones include Bangalore, Hyderabad, Patna and amongst North Indian destinations are Jammu, Srinagar and Chandigarh. All subject to how quickly new aircraft are delivered and inducted into fleet of course.

Both AirAsia India and Spicejet are Low cost carriers and the onboard service and fares reflect that. I don't think Vistara ever intends to compete against them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.