Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Delta to Denver for Thanksgiving

Old Dec 2, 2014, 10:51 pm
Original Poster

Hi All - first trip report post. We booked a last minute ticket in A on Delta to DEN out of LGA to visit my father for the Thanksgiving holiday weekend.

Check in at LGA was painless. This was the Friday after Thanksgiving and figured most were out spending some hard earned shekels.

Sky Priority Check in at LGA

[IMG]IMG_0447 by benf212, on Flickr[/IMG]

Desk agent was friendly, assumed that I already had my boarding pass on my phone but I gladly informed her I did not. She promptly printed one out.

[IMG]IMG_0540 by benf212, on Flickr[/IMG]

Security was empty. Agent noted my precheck imprimatur and waved me to a security line further down the terminal that was bustling. This one was not:

[IMG]IMG_0450_2 by benf212, on Flickr[/IMG]

Breezed through and on into the somewhat refreshing Delta terminal at LGA. I really enjoy the OTG Experience and the modern look of this terminal, and when compared to the others at LGA i'd gladly fly out of here again.

[IMG]IMG_0479 by benf212, on Flickr[/IMG]

Strolled over to the Sky Club to see what was happening. Not much at all:

[IMG]IMG_0470_2 by benf212, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_0471_2 by benf212, on Flickr[/IMG]

We were starving so headed back out to the terminal and parked ourselves at the Empire Tavern counter, ordered an egg white omelette and a bagel with lox via the iPad, and it was delivered with unlimited coffee in under 9 minutes. Nicely done. Seamless execution.

[IMG]IMG_0478 by benf212, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_0481 by benf212, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_0480 by benf212, on Flickr[/IMG]

Lots of power ports at every table setting for all your charging needs:

[IMG]IMG_0483_2 by benf212, on Flickr[/IMG]

Finished up and walked over to the gate to board a Delta A319. We were seated in Seats 3A/B with a soft divider between us and economy.

Gate C21 was our boarding gate:

[IMG]IMG_0484 by benf212, on Flickr[/IMG]

Boarding was quick and we found our thrones for the next 3+ hours

[IMG]IMG_0536_2 by benf212, on Flickr[/IMG]

No IFE on these flights but they do have GoGo Wifi available and I promptly took advantage of it to keep busy.

Shot of the cabin:

[IMG]IMG_0497 by benf212, on Flickr[/IMG]

Bottled water was waiting for us at the seats:

[IMG]IMG_0487 by benf212, on Flickr[/IMG]

FA then welcomed us by last names and passed out warm towels. These are by far the worst ever. I could have easily done without them. Truly my hands smelled like lox and bacon and I would have gladly kept them that way if I knew how bad the towel would have made them smell. A mixture of mildew and dirty towel. I'm certain a few of you have encountered this before and probably have cautioned about accepting them. Should I have said something?

[IMG]IMG_0504_2 by benf212, on Flickr[/IMG]

We took off towards the west and had nice views of Manhattan and the Bronx:

[IMG]IMG_0704 by benf212, on Flickr[/IMG]

Breakfast was immediately offered and I ordered the omelette and she ordered the cereal. This was done solely for your viewing pleasure, as we were still full from our earlier meal. The presentation was nice and service was executed well.

[IMG]IMG_0521 by benf212, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_0517_2 by benf212, on Flickr[/IMG]

Legroom is fine. When the passenger in front reclines, it can feel a bit cramped, but in general, it was plenty for my 6'4'' frame.

[IMG]IMG_0495 by benf212, on Flickr[/IMG]

Lav is cramped as usual. Figured it was time for a partial lav selfie, enjoy you creeps

[IMG]IMG_0524 by benf212, on Flickr[/IMG]

Flight was smooth and we landed at an overcast DIA

[IMG]IMG_0705 by benf212, on Flickr[/IMG]

I used to live in Denver and have flown into DIA countless times. I still enjoy walking through the terminal under this canopy:

[IMG]IMG_0538_2 by benf212, on Flickr[/IMG]

Met up with my father and headed into town.

Second night we were there we caught an Avalanche vs. Stars game at the Pepsi Center. Note to fellow fans: Section 134 Rows 1-11 are in the removable bleachers with folding chairs, which leads to limited leg room and an overall cramped experience. A few Coors helped ease the pain.

[IMG]IMG_0547_2 by benf212, on Flickr[/IMG]

On Sunday we headed up to Keystone Mountain to cruise some groomers. As we headed out on I-70, we noticed most people heading back east and we anticipated a fairly quiet day on the hill. We were not disappointed. No lines and some fresh groomers to be had all to ourselves.

[IMG]IMG_0588 by benf212, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_0575 by benf212, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_0642 by benf212, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_0635 by benf212, on Flickr[/IMG]

I was quite sore after boarding for a full day, so I took advantage of Colorado's finest:

[IMG]IMG_0542_2 by benf212, on Flickr[/IMG]

I'll save you the details of the flight home as it was the same plane, same seats, same food and same smelly towels.

DIA security was the usual mess. Cruised by in a quick 3-4 minutes and made our way to the gate.

[IMG]IMG_0677 by benf212, on Flickr[/IMG]

We landed at a rainy LGA and made our way home after quick and fun weekend in Denver.

[IMG]IMG_0700 by benf212, on Flickr[/IMG]

Up next: back to Denver on United First for Christmas, then the Philippines and Tokyo via Cathay F and ANA F after New Years.

Thanks for taking the time to read this one. Cheers!

Last edited by benjahman; Dec 3, 2014 at 11:58 am
Old Dec 3, 2014, 8:45 am

Nice first report, thanks for posting!
Old Dec 3, 2014, 7:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold, UA G
Thanks for posting. Nice to see that they're still operating LGA-DEN...I remember flying that on the second flight of the inaugural day when it launched a few years back.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Thanks jacobac00, looking forward to sharing some more in the future.

Thanks skyvanman

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.