Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

The Battle of Two Japanese Heavyweights (JL F vs. NH F)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Battle of Two Japanese Heavyweights (JL F vs. NH F)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2014, 4:13 pm

Excellent comparison! I am happy I have picked JL for my up coming flight from NRT-CGK.....Not that NH fly that route...
Old Nov 30, 2014, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Outstanding report with fabulous pics. I've flown both in the past year and thoroughly enjoyed both. I actually preferred my JFK-NRT NH flight although that may have been more the fact that there was only one other pax and I was pretty much doted on my FAs who insisted that I do a comprehensive sake tasting.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Excellent, enjoyable and useful TR! And kind of different from most others, too, in terms of the very interesting comparison. Thanks for sharing it.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 10:11 am

Really nice comparison. I´ll be flying both of them next year, but unfortunately the two flights will be heading to Japan. I like Japanese food a bit, however I haven´t eat it on any real traditional restaurant. But its looks so nice that I think that I´ll try it and if I don´t like the taste then I ask for some western food. After all, it´s much more unique than having the western menu, which I can have on any other carrier.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 1:56 pm

Programs: UA
Great TR. Love the comparison format. Thanks for sharing.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 3:50 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, United Gold, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Unique take on a trip report for me. I really appreciate your approach, the content and the time it took you to convey this comparison.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 11:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP,SPG G
Fun report,it was a great read,thank you.Looking forward to try the same in a couple of weeks.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 11:34 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
This was a very interesting way to compare the two airlines. I loved your TR. Can we see more of this same format? like CX vs SQ?
Old Dec 2, 2014, 6:10 am

Programs: Aeroplan Airmiles AMEX-MR Alaska Airlines
Thank you for this TR. :-)
Old Dec 2, 2014, 8:47 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
What an awesome TR, thank you for sharing, and for the great photos! The "head to head" comparison is a really cool and new way to present a TR - thank you ^
Old Dec 2, 2014, 12:14 pm

Cool report! Nice to see the side-by-side since I am a Oneworld guy and thus won't be flying ANA anytime soon. I was very happy with JL F NRT-JFK earlier this year, and your report got me very excited for my upcoming JL F flight next month on the same route you took.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 6:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerdude88
Great report tng11! I've had the pleasure of riding on NH F before (though old F to IAD) and thought it was fantastic despite the old F seat. I'm on JL F for this first time this upcoming spring (ex-NRT to JFK) so I'm looking forward to comparing the service (also on CX F for the first time that trip so excited to see how both JL and NH compare to CX F)
Thanks flyerdude88. From what I've seen of the old NH F - I feel like I'd actually prefer it to the new one. I am willing to bet you that JL F will be more enjoyable than CX F. CX F is still excellent but the food is simply no match (the crews can be just as good and the IFE is way better.)

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Terrific report, tng11. I really appreciated the side by side comparison.
Thanks SanDiego1K. Happy to hear positive feedback on this somewhat unconventional TR format.

Originally Posted by alexisonsmith
Excellent comparison! I am happy I have picked JL for my up coming flight from NRT-CGK.....Not that NH fly that route...
Thanks alexisonsmith! I hope NRT-CGK should be just as good of an experience!

Originally Posted by SFO777
Outstanding report with fabulous pics. I've flown both in the past year and thoroughly enjoyed both. I actually preferred my JFK-NRT NH flight although that may have been more the fact that there was only one other pax and I was pretty much doted on my FAs who insisted that I do a comprehensive sake tasting.
Thanks SFO777, especially coming from the master of TRs! I have yet to fly in a F cabin less than half empty - I'm sure that makes things even better!

Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Excellent, enjoyable and useful TR! And kind of different from most others, too, in terms of the very interesting comparison. Thanks for sharing it.
Thanks Thunderroad! It was particularly enjoyable for me to write this TR given that they are two amazing airlines compete head to head in the same market and see where the real differences are. (I wouldn't put the effort into writing a UA vs. DL comparison!)

Originally Posted by Carq
Really nice comparison. I´ll be flying both of them next year, but unfortunately the two flights will be heading to Japan. I like Japanese food a bit, however I haven´t eat it on any real traditional restaurant. But its looks so nice that I think that I´ll try it and if I don´t like the taste then I ask for some western food. After all, it´s much more unique than having the western menu, which I can have on any other carrier.
Thanks Carq! I guarantee you will enjoy both. Even ex-USA the catering is still a notch above most airlines and the beauty with both airlines is how flexible their menus are (though I do always take the pre-emptive measure of asking them to save something from the main menu if I want it later on.)
Old Dec 2, 2014, 6:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pbartp
Great TR. Love the comparison format. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks pbartp! Again, good to hear feedback about the comparison format (I personally hope to see more in the future.)

Originally Posted by NashVegas37206
Unique take on a trip report for me. I really appreciate your approach, the content and the time it took you to convey this comparison.
Thanks NashVegas! It's always a pleasure to do these reports - especially if people get something out of them (just as much as I've gotten out of TRs in the past!)

Originally Posted by olgsr
Fun report,it was a great read,thank you.Looking forward to try the same in a couple of weeks.
Thanks olgsr! Enjoy your flights!

Originally Posted by avneeshj
This was a very interesting way to compare the two airlines. I loved your TR. Can we see more of this same format? like CX vs SQ?
Thanks avneeshj! I wish I had another one of these in the pipeline - but I would only do such a report again if it was a true head to head comparison, similar flight time, similar routes and same direction. This one was fun to do because they're basically identical flights with the same aircraft, departure times and O&D points.

Originally Posted by injian
Thank you for this TR. :-)
Thanks injian!

Originally Posted by Madone59
What an awesome TR, thank you for sharing, and for the great photos! The "head to head" comparison is a really cool and new way to present a TR - thank you ^
Thanks Madone59! I hope this will spark a new trend in TRs!
Old Dec 2, 2014, 11:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by tng11
Thanks Thunderroad! It was particularly enjoyable for me to write this TR given that they are two amazing airlines compete head to head in the same market and see where the real differences are. (I wouldn't put the effort into writing a UA vs. DL comparison!)
You're welcome! I'll add that, thanks to your very informative TR, I just this evening jumped on JL F award seats for my wife and myself when I saw them available for an Asia trip we'll take in a few months. So thanks again!
Old Dec 3, 2014, 5:03 am

thank you for this awesome trip report tng11! The head-to-head comparison format is definitely unique, but I kinda prefer your old TRs for their depth

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.