Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Austria, Switzerland & Warsaw - Flying in J (OS, LX & LO 787) Riding Trains & Hiking!

Austria, Switzerland & Warsaw - Flying in J (OS, LX & LO 787) Riding Trains & Hiking!

Old Nov 20, 2014, 9:49 pm

Programs: MR LT Platinum, HH Diamond, WN A-List,
Thanks for the great TR. I look forward to going to those places myself.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 6:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
What a fantastic TR complete with some absolutely stunning photography.

Thanks for taking the time to write this up - it sounds as if you had a great time. The Swiss scenery is breathtaking!
Old Nov 21, 2014, 7:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by jacobac00
Amazing trip report! Your photos are also superb! I mostly enjoyed the photos the first time through. Now to go back and enjoy the commentary as well.

Thanks for posting a great report.
Thank you so much for reading! I'm glad you enjoyed the photos so much and hope you enjoy the commentary too. ^

Originally Posted by nissan720
Thanks for the great TR. I look forward to going to those places myself.
Thanks for the compliment! I hope you get to enjoy these destinations soon yourself.

Originally Posted by stu1985
What a fantastic TR complete with some absolutely stunning photography.

Thanks for taking the time to write this up - it sounds as if you had a great time. The Swiss scenery is breathtaking!
I'm happy to read that you enjoyed the pictures! I certainly enjoyed taking them. Thank you for taking the time to read and leaving such positive comments!!
Old Nov 21, 2014, 8:16 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Elite Platinum
You're trip report was amazing! We are going to Lucern and Salzburg in March 2015 (also Berchtesgaden). I am thinking of changing my hotel to the Rad Blu you stayed at in Salzburg. It looks so quaint.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 8:19 am

Great TR! Brings back fond memories of flying OS J and staying at the Radisson Blu Style in Vienna.^
Old Nov 21, 2014, 10:20 am

Fantastic report. Thanks. I want to go to wengen as my aunt went there in 1956.

I only went to Grindelwald and Murren.

If you like mountains investigate Austrian resorts like:

Badgastein
Kitzbuhel
Lenk
St Anton

And look at the Shloss Hotel in Velden am Worthersee; Austria's warmest lake. The hotel is a castle.

Fabulous.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Outstanding report and wonderful pics. Amazed that a Sept. WAW-ORD was so empty in the J cabin.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 12:20 pm

Super cool and awesome TR. Loved the pictures. Thanks for sharing
Old Nov 21, 2014, 12:36 pm

Programs: UA, Bonvoy, Amex Plat
Love it! Always great to read a report from a fellow ORD denizen. The bulk of my flying is out of the T1 United Fortress, but I recently flew out of T5 for the first time since the renovations. I felt they did a fantastic job. As international terminals go, T5 will never live up to the standard of the greats, but what they did is a vast, vast improvement over what it used to be.

Thanks again for the report!
Old Nov 21, 2014, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Incredible photos!

Few questions, as I'm embarking on my own Eastern Europe trip on Monday. I'm going to be in Vienna, as well as Prague and Budapest. Trip report will definitely be coming, and I think it will likely be an interesting one!

How was it traveling Austria and neighboring countries where I'm assuming you don't speak the local language? Anything in Vienna you'd particularly recommend? I plan on spending roughly 2 days in each city.

Thanks!
Old Nov 22, 2014, 2:55 am

Programs: AS MVP 75K
Photos are stunning! Great trip report, thanks for sharing
Old Nov 22, 2014, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by LivelyFL
You're trip report was amazing! We are going to Lucern and Salzburg in March 2015 (also Berchtesgaden). I am thinking of changing my hotel to the Rad Blu you stayed at in Salzburg. It looks so quaint.
I'm glad you enjoyed it! Sounds like you have a fun trip planned. We definitely enjoyed the Radisson Blu Alstadt in Salzburg. ^

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Great TR! Brings back fond memories of flying OS J and staying at the Radisson Blu Style in Vienna.^
Thanks for reading and the compliment!

Originally Posted by Bretteee
Fantastic report. Thanks. I want to go to wengen as my aunt went there in 1956.

I only went to Grindelwald and Murren.

If you like mountains investigate Austrian resorts like:

Badgastein
Kitzbuhel
Lenk
St Anton

And look at the Shloss Hotel in Velden am Worthersee; Austria's warmest lake. The hotel is a castle.

Fabulous.
Thanks for the kind words!! I'm glad you enjoyed my latest TR! Those sound like some wonderful recommendations!

Originally Posted by SFO777
Outstanding report and wonderful pics. Amazed that a Sept. WAW-ORD was so empty in the J cabin.
Thank you for reading and complimenting my TR! I was also surprised that the business class cabin was so empty; but, I definitely didn't mind the privacy.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DL17
Super cool and awesome TR. Loved the pictures. Thanks for sharing
I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures and TR!! Thank you for reading and commenting!

Originally Posted by zcat18
Love it! Always great to read a report from a fellow ORD denizen. The bulk of my flying is out of the T1 United Fortress, but I recently flew out of T5 for the first time since the renovations. I felt they did a fantastic job. As international terminals go, T5 will never live up to the standard of the greats, but what they did is a vast, vast improvement over what it used to be.

Thanks again for the report!
Thanks for reading and the compliments! T5 is certainly better than it used to be! ^

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Incredible photos!

Few questions, as I'm embarking on my own Eastern Europe trip on Monday. I'm going to be in Vienna, as well as Prague and Budapest. Trip report will definitely be coming, and I think it will likely be an interesting one!

How was it traveling Austria and neighboring countries where I'm assuming you don't speak the local language? Anything in Vienna you'd particularly recommend? I plan on spending roughly 2 days in each city.

Thanks!
I'm glad you enjoyed the photos!

We had no problems communicating/finding our way around Vienna and Salzburg without any understanding of German. We definitely enjoyed the views after climbing the steps at St. Stephens in Vienna.

Originally Posted by wp_kid
Photos are stunning! Great trip report, thanks for sharing
Thanks for reading and the compliments -- I'm glad you enjoyed the photos!!
Old Nov 22, 2014, 1:39 pm

Wow! As always the Swiss Alps looks amazing! Thanks for sharing!
Old Nov 22, 2014, 8:38 pm

very nice! ^^^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.