Search

Review Qatar Airways A380 inaugural flight First, DOH-LHR

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2014, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, LH FT

Hello again,

after publishing a lot of pictures a week ago (LINK) here as I mentioned, the full review

For a long, long time Qatar had to wait for it and I don’t even want to speculate what the cause was. In fact it started the today, the rise of the beauty of the air, the new Qatar Airways A380 on ist first flight from Doha to London. While I write this blog post we’re somewhere above Turkey and I enjoy the big bed and silence on board.

Opposed to other A380s, for example by British Airways, the cabin is very silent and you can talk without disturbing others. But let’s put one foot in front of the other. It started for me in the early morning in Doha. Arrival was short, since I slept in the new transit airport hotel and only had to walk over to the gate. Before I met the “King of Travel Blogging", Mr. @onemileatatime , we had a coffee and went to the gate.

Doha has two levels for gates: the upper one for business and fist class, the lower one for economy. The upper level has its own entrance.

Arriving at the gate we were welcomed by friendly personnel, a drawer with the A380 and everyone got a rose, since it’s the first flight and this is always special. The lady at the counter was shocked by realizing she didn’t pick us up, but we found the gate ourselves.

While pre boarding started one level below us, the doors opened and we entered the plane first. We were welcomed with smiling faces and guided to our seats. Long I ago I already picked window seat 1K, Ben was on 2A and my companion on 1F. It looks like a relaxing journey.

More pictures and the full review here.... LINK

and my other guest post on TheDesignAir.net

Hoping you will enjoy reading and... try to get on board, it's an amazing product
Old Oct 19, 2014, 3:00 pm

Thank you for an amazing trip report!

Qatar's A380s looks super nice and the new amenity kit and pajamas look excellent.

Thanks for sharing!

Carfield
Old Oct 19, 2014, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Excellent trip report!!!!
Old Oct 19, 2014, 8:26 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, UA 1K, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum Elite, Jetblue Mosaic
Great TR. Can't wait to fly qatar a380!!
Old Oct 19, 2014, 8:48 pm

great tr!
Old Oct 20, 2014, 2:40 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
The seats seem rather "open" to me.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 7:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, LH FT
BTW. Qatar announced first A350 Service to Frankfurt...

Looking forward to the inaugural flight

http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...32000000001105
Old Oct 20, 2014, 9:28 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Wonderful TR - Thank you! ^
Old Oct 20, 2014, 7:17 pm

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
While Emirates still operate my favorite 380 (Ive flown them all except KE & QR) I like your comment about the quiet. The quietest ride so far on the 380 AFAIC goes to LH. They don't have all the bells and whistles like EK but they put A LOT of time and money into not only the carpeting, etc but the curtains that block off the galley. They are made with some very thick heavy material os not only does the sound not come thru - but it also blocks out all the light. I wonder after reading your TR how QR and LH compare as far as noise in FC goes
Old Oct 21, 2014, 4:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
The cabin looks brilliant. I'm not too sure if I like the amenity kit. Looks a little generic.

QR 380 F will be redeemable using Avios I assume?
Old Oct 21, 2014, 6:02 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver

Thanks for a wonderful trip report 😄

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.