Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

BLAH Trip Report: ERW-SFO (16 October 2014)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BLAH Trip Report: ERW-SFO (16 October 2014)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2014, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

BLAH Airlines: *EWR*-SFO in Middle Class (16 October 2014)

With the airline industry becoming increasingly consolidated over the years, travel options for fliers are few and far between. Lucky for us, BLAH Airlines remains one choice for your air travel, serving a variety of places with airports.

As a miles & points travel blogger, I love to show off what it's like to fly in the better part of the plane. BLAH is currently the only airline in the world testing a revolutionary 3-class product, and I recently had a chance to be on-board one of the thousands of flights that take-off AND land every single day.

Instead of resorting to tacky naming conventions like BusinessElite® or "World Business Class," BLAH's products speak for themselves. On BLAH, you fly Aisle, Middle, or Window.

For this flight, I settled into one of the more exclusive Middle seats:

(My view from BLAH Middle.)

This inaugural EWR-SFO flight was on a specially-configured and rarely-cleaned Boeing 7000-SUP. I’m pretty sure there were only 500 Middle seats on the entire aircraft!

I've flown BLAH many times before, and here are some of the amenities I've come to expect when flying BLAH Middle:
  • Drinks, Sodas, and other Liquids.
  • Complimentary peanuts—free.
  • Windows on every plane.
  • Reading light for your convenience.
  • Rear-mounted magazine pouches.
  • Ice available on selected routes.
  • BLAH Airlines seats fit most legs.
  • Armrest.
  • "Entertainment."

I was pleased to see that this flight was no exception, and that all of these amenities were available on-board (except for Armrest, which was already claimed by the passenger in Seat 82C).

But to BLAH's credit, this particular flight offered multiple options for "Entertainment," which more than made up for lack of Armrest.

In addition to the classic black & white film that droned on throughout the 6-hour flight (you can see it in the photo above in case you missed it), this flight featured a fascinatingly complex paper puzzle, available only to Middle class passengers:

(Can you solve it? It's a tough one!)

Shortly after take-off, Middle Class meal service began. To drink, I selected the coffee option, which the surly flight attendant kindly modified to have neither cream nor sugar:

(This was my coffee, and I took a picture of it.)

I don’t know if the special paper beverage napkin and wooden stirrer service that accompanied my coffee was an exception for this flight (I’ve usually only experienced one or the other but never both), but it was certainly much appreciated.

For the main course, I was informed that I had a choice between salted and unsalted peanuts. When I asked if I could sample both, the flight attendant generously complied:

(For my convenience, both the salted and unsalted peanuts arrived in the same package).

I know you all want to fly like this, so I'm happy to share a number of BLAH's exclusive promotions! For a limited time only, receive a complimentary styrofoam cup with every decaffeinated coffee order, absolutely free!

To learn more about these exclusive offers, follow the rest of my review here.

--

I hope I have generated sufficient interest in my opening paragraphs to warrant a click-through. Also, I'll note that I have the greatest respect for trip reporters and have followed quite a few of them over the years. I just hope this post provides some brief entertainment between more serious posts.

Last edited by SansSerif; Oct 18, 2014 at 10:57 pm
Old Oct 16, 2014, 8:34 pm

Hilarious!!! :-) love the grandma quilt cat barf pattern. :-). Very well written, and this reAlly caused me to "LOL".
Old Oct 16, 2014, 9:19 pm

You aren't going to link to your video TR?
Old Oct 16, 2014, 10:15 pm

Programs: M&M mainly
Envy U! Such experience
Old Oct 16, 2014, 11:24 pm

Best.
Trip report.
Ever.

Love me my middle seat.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 8:17 am

This is genius 5hr46min09sec video
Old Oct 17, 2014, 9:43 am
Original Poster

haha, thanks for reading everyone. it was fun to write as well.

Originally Posted by fpc552
You aren't going to link to your video TR?
Oh I forgot about that. But you can read the CEO's response to my video TR here.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Either SansSerif is really Virgin America, or OP forgot to attribute his sources.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BlissWorld
Either SansSerif is really Virgin America, or OP forgot to attribute his sources.
Thanks for the feedback. I've added a link to VX's YouTube channel at the bottom of my post.

I also added a disclaimer that BLAH is not, in fact, a real airline.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 12:50 pm

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
thanks for brightening up my day...excellent trip report
Old Oct 17, 2014, 2:39 pm

Programs: trash airline program here
Blahhahaha

Awesome. I love the website also.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 6:13 pm

Programs: UA GM, QF Bronze, Sugar and Spice buy 6 cups get one free offer card holder
BLAH Airlines - setting the high standards of the US airline industry.

Look forward to the next report, featuring yet more in depth analysis on the pampering one can expect on an industry leader.

Perhaps next time more attention can be given on BLAH's ground services - including check in/bag throw and their Grey Carpet Club?

(Still having difficulties competing that crossword) - any more hints?
Old Oct 17, 2014, 6:58 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
Thanks for the laugh -- very well done indeed.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 10:27 pm

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Hahaha....this was awesome!! Thanks for the laughs!!!
Old Oct 18, 2014, 5:23 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Did you book the flight with the BLAH credit card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.