Everest In Full Picture

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Everest In Full Picture

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2016, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by DanielW
Thank you, iluvdoco, just a Canon 5D3 and the 24L II, 16-35L II & 50L lenses.
"just" those?

breathtaking pictures btw, I'm not much of an adventurer like yourself, but your pictures make me want to be... what an amazing trip and beautiful location(s)

thank you much for sharing them.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 3:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jcm55a
"just" those?

breathtaking pictures btw, I'm not much of an adventurer like yourself, but your pictures make me want to be... what an amazing trip and beautiful location(s)

thank you much for sharing them.
Many thanks, jcm55a. Yes, one of my favourite trips I've ever done, definitely in my top 10.

Only a few lenses for this trip, but it can get a bit overwhelming on other trips though!

Old Aug 4, 2016, 1:43 pm

Thanks for sharing. This is amazing!
Old Aug 6, 2016, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by aglp2k
You may be the first FTer that I happened to notice on this forum who climbed Mt. Everest. Belated Congratulations!
Indeed. I enjoyed both reports.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by ghostchips
Finally a proper trip report!!! A report about a trip! Less focus on food, more about what you see and do! Not eat. Awesome read, brilliant photos. Easily my favorite report so far.
To each their own. Traveling is about rewarding one's senses. I will paraphrase from the book Sapiens by Yuval Noah Harari that pleasure is simply a function of biochemistry in our brains (e.g. serotonin). Some of us find the greatest pleasure in material luxury, coupled with the public acknowledgment on forums such as FT or social media. Others, such as Daniel's reports, provide windows to the world for others to enjoy.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 10:10 am

Programs: IHG Spire Elite, World of Hyatt 'Globalist , Hilton Diamond, SPG & Marriott platinum
I have nothing but admiration for your work. Many thanks for sharing.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 11:20 am
brg

Originally Posted by marcford
I have nothing but admiration for your work. Many thanks for sharing.
These are wonders to share
Thank you
Old Oct 20, 2016, 9:17 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, IHG Gold, HH Silver
Wow - Another great report, Daniel. Your photos are incredible. What kind of camera and lens do you use? Amazing!
Old Oct 21, 2016, 9:01 am

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by gaobest
Very belated as I'm behind... But fabulous tr. Thanks so much for sharing these amazing pictures. I got a bit nervous when you lost track of the group on Day 1 - esp since you had just arrived and lacked some sleep (despite the nap). And I'm surprised your leader hadn't been more concerned or upset about your not staying with the group.

Also your lodging had 2 beds - did you share a room with anyone or did you have the room to yourself? And I know there was a toilet but eat about shower or bath?

The food looked more western than I'd expect. Is that just because of the clientele? I was surprised to see so many omelettes, pancakes, and french fries. But I don't know Nepalese food well - I only had it once and found it similar to indian (aside from the pork).
lukla to namche bazaar is a long hike along a single path, punctuated by a few small villages. there is zero danger or risk of losing a party.

because of difficulties bringing supplies, accomodations are restricted to minimalist "tea houses". private en-suite baths can be had. showers typically have an upcharge for hot water, and even then is not that reliable/voluminous/hot. (energy/electricty are scarce)

again due to isolation, food is basic. just enough to get some protein and calories in one's body.

for just future reference

what amazed me were not just the porters in service of tourist-hikers, many of whom were teenagers, carrying 20-30kg backpack loads. but the really old, frail looking men, carrying upwards of 70, 80kg (marked on sacks of grains, flour, sugar, canteens, water, etc).... fastened very crudely, wearing literally sandals

imagine this guy with 20 years of age
Old Oct 23, 2016, 4:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 757
Wow - Another great report, Daniel. Your photos are incredible. What kind of camera and lens do you use? Amazing!
Thank you, 757. These photos were taken with my Canon 5D3 (with various lenses). I have since upgraded to a 5D4 though.

Originally Posted by deniah
imagine this guy with 20 years of age
Yes, the porters were amazing. We had only two for our five packs, whereas I would have struggled carrying just one pack by myself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.