Reload this Page >

YYZ-MUC-FRA-BKK-MUC-JFK; Lufthansa F, Thai F

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

YYZ-MUC-FRA-BKK-MUC-JFK; Lufthansa F, Thai F

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2015, 7:58 pm

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Love the pictures. Thanks for sharing!
Old Jan 11, 2015, 7:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, TK Elite, A3 Gold
MUC-JFK, Lufthansa First Class

Time to head back home!

Back to the LH F lounge in Munich. Not quite as nice (IMHO) as the LH F lounge and certain the FCT in Frankfurt but still plenty great.

Mango smoothie - amazing!

We left the lounge for a relatively short walk to the gate. The weird part was that we went through what was about 3-4 different passport/boarding pass checks along the way. Not sure why they had to look at them this many times - maybe more craziness because it's a US-bound flight.

And back to LH F once again!

New IFE controller with Blackberry-type scrolling control in the center. Nice improvement over the prior gen. And new IFE system too.

This flight also had a special "around the world" theme. First time I had ever seen anything like this on LH F and the FAs said it was a special for this time - and only for ex-Germany flights. Also comes with a pretty cool global almanac type book. It's sitting nicely on my coffee table now.

Caviar to start

Trio of appetizers

Soup - very nice

Main - honestly I don't really even remember what it was since it was so long ago. I don't remember it being memorably bad or good.

Dessert

To finish off the theme, they also provided a postal package which contained chocolate.

Even had a globe to go with the theme.

Time for a quick nap after a good meal.

Light meal/salad before landing

Conclusion
It was an amazing trip and once again a delight to be able to fly LH F/TG F one more time at the old UA award rates. Probably a lot less of trips like these given the increased cost. But if I ever were to redeem a UA partner F award, I would most certainly go to Asia again via Europe just to maximize value.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 10:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP,SPG G
Amazing pictures!Great TR,thank you
Old Jan 12, 2015, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by olgsr
Amazing pictures!Great TR,thank you
Originally Posted by chongl
Love the pictures. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks olgsr and chongl!
Old Jan 12, 2015, 9:34 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Thank you for a nice report - I have a similar itinerary coming up so this was an excellent way to get me giddy. :-)

Quick question: On your MUC-JFK flight (daytime LH First), were you given PJs or "just" a sweatshirt?
Old Jan 12, 2015, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Nice report! Looks like a nice flight
Old Jan 12, 2015, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by airoli
Thank you for a nice report - I have a similar itinerary coming up so this was an excellent way to get me giddy. :-)

Quick question: On your MUC-JFK flight (daytime LH First), were you given PJs or "just" a sweatshirt?
For a while LH has been giving out full PJs, irrespective if it is a daytime or night time flight
Old Jan 12, 2015, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by divjan
For a while LH has been giving out full PJs, irrespective if it is a daytime or night time flight
Thanks airoli! Every LH F flight that I have been on provides a full set of pajamas regardless of the time of day the flight is. I would be surprised if they did not. And certainly on my MUC-JFK flight, they did provide a full set of PJs.

Originally Posted by offerendum
Nice report! Looks like a nice flight
Thanks offerendum!
Old Jan 12, 2015, 6:21 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Awesome TR! Would love to visit Eastern Europe someday...
Old Jan 14, 2015, 10:51 pm

Programs: DL Diamond; Marriott Titanium
Great trip report. Why did you take the train from MUC to Prague and Budapest instead of flying? Want to visit both places soon and just curious. I really enjoy train travel, so thought it sounded fun.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 10:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hickmantitle
Great trip report. Why did you take the train from MUC to Prague and Budapest instead of flying? Want to visit both places soon and just curious. I really enjoy train travel, so thought it sounded fun.
Thanks hickmantitle. Yeah we could have flown in there but didn't for 2 reasons: (1) we also enjoy the train travel and (2) there were some domestic segments I didn't report on since they weren't too interesting, but it would have caused us to cross the segment limit on the award. Since it was already ticketed we didn't want to monkey around too much as I've had some times when UA agents mess things up.

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
Awesome TR! Would love to visit Eastern Europe someday...
Thanks Jimgotkp! I really like visiting Eastern Europe - in many ways as beautiful as Western Europe but cheaper. Though not as cheap as before.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 8:29 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by shogunate03
Thanks airoli! Every LH F flight that I have been on provides a full set of pajamas regardless of the time of day the flight is. I would be surprised if they did not. And certainly on my MUC-JFK flight, they did provide a full set of PJs.
Merci. I have not flown LH F in a few years and the last time I did, it was full PJs on night-time flight and a sweater on daytime flights. Glad to see this has changed. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.