Summer Holidays...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Summer Holidays...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2014, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
As usual, a great read.

After the fun of Irish Pubs, World Cup, and Red Bull (with Vodka)...I believe the torch will eventually be passed to Eightblack Jr. to regale us with travel tales galore.

I guess in the meanwhile, the next report will come for the holidays. Any travel plans?
Old Oct 4, 2014, 8:34 pm

Programs: VA, SQ, IHG, HH,ALL, Europcar
I had been wondering what had happened to Eightblack....... no TR for a long time

then a fully fledged TR hits the wire

awesome read

your kids are so lucky - how many 13yr olds could drink red bull and wodka in some sleazy dive bar in Japan at 5am watching the world cup

awesome memories

thanks for sharing

loved every word
Old Oct 5, 2014, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Somwhere on the highways and byways of the United States
Programs: WWBTNFTMTP Evangelist
Truly a great read, thanks. I will say your attorney failed you. In 2012 I was lucky enough to have a lovely Brazilian woman come to the US to marry me. When we applied for her work authorization we also applied for the Advanced Parole. She received a letter within a couple weeks and was able to travel out of the country before getting the work permit. She did have to endure the secondary screening a couple times and it was quite annoying. So you know, once you get your green card you can apply for Global Entry and that will get you precheck. It was quite funny, within one month she went from secondary screening to Global Entry.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Also to eightblack, US green card processes and such are a complete mess. When I was on a student visa, I was a "visitor" in both the US and my home country of Canada because US thought I was a CDN resident and vice versa. Made for some border slip ups. haha.

I'm now on year 10 (?) of being on "temporary" visas between school and work, which we all know is a misnomer because things can be extended basically forever as long as you're in some kind of process. Who knew it was so painful and time consuming for a tax paying contributor to stay here long term... but really all I want right now is my stupid Nexus card.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 4:22 am

Trust me Simon, Aussie immigration is heading the way of Murrica quick and fast, will be starting the visa process soon for my Fiancee, minimum 12 month wait just to get her into the country. Oh well just means more holidays to Vietnam

Btw great trip report as usual, still got a pint of Coopers waiting here for you in Adelaide if you ever make it back.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 4:48 am

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
Fantastic read, as always!
Old Oct 6, 2014, 8:10 am

Brilliant, like always! Eagerly anticipating your next write-up. Hopefully, we won't have to wait too long.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 9:02 am

What happened with the drowned rental car
BTW, I swear I peed my pants more than once and one totally scary projectile guffaw spewed from my body...Many thanks!
PS--will we be reading about visiting the in-laws in MI? Or did I miss that part?

Last edited by pilotspouse; Oct 6, 2014 at 2:36 pm
Old Oct 8, 2014, 3:04 pm

Programs: EY Guest Platinum; A3 Gold; Delta Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold
probably the most hilarious trip report i've ever read. Can't wait for the next one... Thank you eightblack
Old Oct 10, 2014, 4:35 am

Awesome report. Serious question, is there a way to get notified automatically whenever eightblack starts a new thread in this forum? Does FT have such functionality?

thanks
goodo
Old Oct 10, 2014, 10:28 am

Programs: Too many
Summer Holidays...

Great as usual. Love the real info about the process of getting through all the red tape. Fascinating

Hope to see you home in melbourne some day
Old Oct 10, 2014, 2:22 pm

Programs: ac ELITE,aa,nwa, Priority Club
Yet again, thank you for livening up my day.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 5:44 pm

Programs: SPG, A3, SQ, AA, AV, QT, VA, LH, EK
Fantastic. Best Trip Report I have ever read.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 1:52 pm

Programs: BA Silver, ATI Volare Premium, Priority Club Platinum, HHonors Silver
I'm sat in The Green Man near Hatton Cross at Heathrow - the 'locals' are looking at me suspiciously, obviously not the done thing to laugh out loudly in here ��
Fantastic TR Eightblack, brought back great memories of our family trip to Orlando last Easter.
Thanks for a great read, just brill
Old Oct 15, 2014, 5:55 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
Red face

Originally Posted by goodo
Awesome report. Serious question, is there a way to get notified automatically whenever eightblack starts a new thread in this forum? Does FT have such functionality?

thanks
goodo
Not that I'm aware of...

**** confession ****

Every 10 days or so, I "stalk" the profiles of Eightblack, SFO777 & Seat2a & click the "view all threads started by" link

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.