FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trip Reports (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports-177/)
-   -   A business traveller's week on BA and oneworld (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports/1603600-business-travellers-week-ba-oneworld.html)

Cymro Aug 18, 14 3:02 am

Maybe I'm being nave but I don't think anyone was expecting GRX as the first destination!

DrGee Aug 18, 14 3:12 am

Originally Posted by Calchas (Post 23380944)
And of course if you are in the business of actually doing hands on work rather than just having a chat with old mates (:p), unless you have a pair of remotely operated robot arms you aren't going to get very far.

:)

I suddenly get the picture of our frequent flyers in hard hats either directing building operations with planning documents in hand or lugging bricks up a series of sky-high girders.:D

More examples please.

710 77345 Aug 18, 14 3:17 am

Originally Posted by Paralytic (Post 23379806)
I wonder how many future posts will here will not start "This is not a trip report, but..."

It may well be a trip report, but remember the OP is a forum ambassador and spends a lot of their time welcoming & assisting new members to the Flyertalk forums ^

Calchas Aug 18, 14 3:24 am

Originally Posted by DrGee (Post 23380981)
I suddenly get the picture of our frequent flyers in hard hats either directing building operations with planning documents in hand or lugging bricks up a series of sky-high girders.:D

I probably do not qualify as a frequent flier by the standards of this thread, but by a striking coincidence I am actually in a hard hat now while I wait for a colleague to return with a probably long-lost planning document (of sorts).

No bricks, building operations or sky high girders here though. :)

Physci Aug 18, 14 4:53 am

Originally Posted by 710 77345 (Post 23380988)
It may well be a trip report, but remember the OP is a forum ambassador and spends a lot of their time welcoming & assisting new members to the Flyertalk forums ^

and a lot of what CWS posts is often helpful to other BA travellers as he knows / shares tips etc

redshift27 Aug 18, 14 6:18 am

Reading this has pretty much the same vibe as watching Up in the Air .... :D

Physci Aug 18, 14 6:23 am

Originally Posted by redshift27 (Post 23381380)
Reading this has pretty much the same vibe as watching Up in the Air .... :D

Well I guess we'll have to wait to see if CWS discloses whether he has an equivalent to the Alexander Goran (Vera Farmiga) character ... ;)

csutter Aug 18, 14 6:25 am

Originally Posted by Calchas (Post 23380944)
And of course if you are in the business of actually doing hands on work rather than just having a chat with old mates (:p), unless you have a pair of remotely operated robot arms you aren't going to get very far.

I don't really want to think about the sort of work where c-w-s's hands are required. Then again, the Wikipedia article on Domestic sheep reproduction/artificial insemination makes for rather interesting reading... :eek::eek::eek:

:D

golfmad Aug 18, 14 6:38 am

Originally Posted by secretplantofightinflation (Post 23377500)
-

Sorry, totally OT but the 'secret plan to fight inflation' was one of my favorite West Wing episodes. Great FT name :)

Oh and very much enjoying the thread.

Calchas Aug 18, 14 6:46 am

c-w-s, may I suggest you post in the main thread when you make an edit? Those of us following the action in My FlyerTalk may miss out otherwise. ;)

corporate-wage-slave Aug 18, 14 6:54 am

Originally Posted by Calchas (Post 23381464)
c-w-s, may I suggest you post in the main thread when you make an edit? Those of us following the action in My FlyerTalk may miss out otherwise. ;)

Yes, good point, though I don't want to be accused of post padding! A small update from Andalusia has gone up.

Speedbird876 Aug 18, 14 7:08 am

Originally Posted by golfmad (Post 23381438)
Sorry, totally OT but the 'secret plan to fight inflation' was one of my favorite West Wing episodes. Great FT name :)

Re West Wing, me too!

I wondered was it from the Simpsons first of all but then it came to me.

gustavmahler Aug 18, 14 7:19 am

Originally Posted by golfmad (Post 23381438)

"I'm tired, I'm cranky, and my wife's in Argentina. Let's get this over with."

fredandgingermad Aug 18, 14 7:21 am

finding this all rather interesting, will watch out for new posts :)

layz Aug 18, 14 7:30 am

Excellent trip report so far :) First time I've seen a CELCY hot breakfast and you picked a Hilton I've not stayed in before (although I've stayed many times in the one in Rotherhithe that comes with free ferry tickets).