Old Aug 19, 2014, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Physci
Print Wikipost

A business traveller's week on BA and oneworld

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2014, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Subscribe (manually or by replying to the topic, as you have) and use the MyFlyerTalk feature (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/usercp.php, link at far top right of every page) to check up on all your threads in one go.

Last edited by matthandy; Aug 20, 2014 at 6:10 am Reason: Removed quote of deleted post
Old Aug 20, 2014, 3:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Moderator Note

This thread is now open and I am assured that CWS will be along soon with another update.

Moomba and I have spent time pruning out and editing posts that do not conform to the Flyertalk rules. Some of you will have had your posts edited because they quoted posts that needed to be deleted, please don't be alarmed by this.

Some of you have PM'd Moomba and myself directly to discuss this which is very much appreciated.

Again, if anyone has any questions or concerns about what I have written here you are very welcome to contact myself or Moomba to discuss further. We are happy to.

Let's get back to the report shall we? ^

Many thanks,

matthandy
Moderator: Trip Reports

Last edited by matthandy; Aug 20, 2014 at 6:19 am
Old Aug 20, 2014, 3:49 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
And to add to Calchas's comment, since you had already posted in this thread before you will have automatically been subscribed.

Last edited by matthandy; Aug 20, 2014 at 6:13 am Reason: Removing a quote of a deleted post
Old Aug 20, 2014, 6:51 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Gosh, we're in a new place! OK, well it's meetings galore, so just a quick update and hopefully I'll find time to add more content later this afternoon......
Old Aug 20, 2014, 6:55 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Wednesday - Early start back down to London
...Arrived 9 minutes early, on the 07:27 HEX and in Paddington for 07:50, which isn't bad from rural Northumberland. to the bustle of the metropolis in 3 hours or so. Got another meeting in 9 minutes, I'll try and update a bit later today...
I was keeping an eye out to see if you appeared in the CR this morning. But I see now you had other destinations in mind.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 7:26 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
I like the sound of this gate selection trick.

Although I'm now going to hold you personally responsible for why I'm always getting bus departures from A10.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 7:29 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
...The main nuisance at dawn is deer, I've had a number of close calls but they just dart across the road. They can cause horrific accidents in my area. Today the animal kingdom is in bed, thankfully.
After reading your post on the short-lived 'indyref' thread I realise now that in a past life I worked at (your local) and indeed many a nasty deer collision we did see. One of the best was a chap that remembered hitting something then coming 'round from his unconsious state a few moments later to discover that he no longer had a windscreen and that there was a heifer in the passenger seat...(not his wife )

Sadly not all were so lucky. Makes you think- despite all the flying you do and the recent spate of sad air accidents, those 40mins to the airport are still the most dangerous. Safe travels, CWS.

Last edited by crazy8534; Aug 20, 2014 at 8:19 am
Old Aug 20, 2014, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by katie666
OK. Thank You. I take it that's the BA lounge. We'll be there early as we needto check luggage through to MCO. I will have the minimum of hand luggage though.
I'm enjoying reading your posts and appreciate the time you're taking to post the pic's too.

Katie
No you won't, unless you're doing NCL-LHR-MIA/JFK/xxx/MCO?
Old Aug 20, 2014, 9:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
I had a similar day to CWS in Frankfurt on Monday so I have posted a report about it here

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...nkfurt-ba.html

but it seems to be making more moves than a tiddlywink. Can anyone advise?
Old Aug 20, 2014, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by BahrainLad
I had a similar day to CWS in Frankfurt on Monday so I have posted a report about it here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...nkfurt-ba.html
but it seems to be making more moves than a tiddlywink. Can anyone advise?
Don't fret, BL. It was only a day, not a week
Old Aug 20, 2014, 10:03 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List, Concorde Room Card, Hilton Diamond
Interesting report so far! Thanks for sharing.

And in the CCR, Ann has something to cheer me up:

Out of interest, why do you bring your own mug?
Old Aug 20, 2014, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ba_cityflyer
Out of interest, why do you bring your own mug?
Dammit, Sir, C-W-S has standards
Old Aug 20, 2014, 10:53 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Another picture of my mug with which to scare children and maiden aunts. I said today was a bit boring.....
Old Aug 20, 2014, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Another picture of my mug with which to scare children and maiden aunts. I said today was a bit boring.....

Is it really your personal mug, kept on-site in a glass cabinet when not in use, along with your bulk stock of Ferrero Rocher?
Old Aug 20, 2014, 11:02 am

Programs: BA GGL
For today, which was merely meetings in central London, would not the train from Newcastle to London have been quicker/more convenient? Admittedly no coffee in a black mug, but still... or is it still marginally quicker to fly to LHR and then get the HEX? Or was it cost? It can't be TP-related!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.