Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Palaces, Temples, Boats & Beaches! *A TPAC & TATL in J (TG A380 US BR & UA) & PG in Y

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Palaces, Temples, Boats & Beaches! *A TPAC & TATL in J (TG A380 US BR & UA) & PG in Y

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2014, 7:58 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Airmiles AMEX-MR Alaska Airlines
Awesome TR. Now I'm itching to try out Eva Air.
Old May 19, 2014, 9:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by injian
Awesome TR. Now I'm itching to try out Eva Air.
Thanks for the compliment! I definitely recommend BR. ^
Old May 20, 2014, 12:24 am

Looks like you had an awesome trip, and managed to fit quite a bit in.

Quite a hectic pace too!

Loved the photo's, especially of Taipei.
Old May 20, 2014, 8:08 am

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Fantastic report, and great pictures - thanks for posting

I must say, the breakneck pace at which you travel leaves me somewhat exhausted, even as a reader. You must have needed a holiday to recover from your holiday...
Old May 20, 2014, 11:16 am

Great trip report!

I have a bunch of questions I could ask, but I'll just ask one. Phi Phi islands - still worth a day trip or too overdone at this point?
Old May 20, 2014, 2:05 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
A seriously excellent report. The perfect balance of pictures (all of which were very well taken I might add) and text and between flights, hotels and what you did while there. Frankly, no one should ever apologize for a report being photo heavy, just one that is photo light. Well done.
Old May 20, 2014, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by DanielW
Looks like you had an awesome trip, and managed to fit quite a bit in.

Quite a hectic pace too!

Loved the photo's, especially of Taipei.
Yes, the trip was fantastic! We definitely fit in as much as we could - with our limited vacation availability and nearly unlimited desired travel, we try to do as much as possible when we do travel. Thanks for the reply. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the photos! ^

Originally Posted by mad_atta
Fantastic report, and great pictures - thanks for posting

I must say, the breakneck pace at which you travel leaves me somewhat exhausted, even as a reader. You must have needed a holiday to recover from your holiday...
Thanks for the compliments! I know I posted a lot of pictures; so, it is always nice when others enjoy them.

We definitely travel "harder" than most of our friends - I have the perspective that I'm much more likely to regret missing something than to regret being tired from seeing/doing too much (in the long run anyway...the first day or two back from a trip like this does leave us pretty tired).

Originally Posted by arlflyer
Great trip report!

I have a bunch of questions I could ask, but I'll just ask one. Phi Phi islands - still worth a day trip or too overdone at this point?
Thanks!

The Phi Phi Islands are definitely crowded at the main locations. Some tour companies do try to schedule tours to avoid the brunt of the crowds, but, you're still at the mercy of the tides and weather as to whether that schedule can be maintained. I would say it is still worth a day trip for the scenery (but not for snorkeling); but, be prepared for the crowds. Our tour was pretty good about minimizing crowds and would take us to more secluded areas of beaches when possible. Feel free to PM me with other questions.
Old May 20, 2014, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CMK10
A seriously excellent report. The perfect balance of pictures (all of which were very well taken I might add) and text and between flights, hotels and what you did while there. Frankly, no one should ever apologize for a report being photo heavy, just one that is photo light. Well done.
Thanks for reading and posting your positive review! I do like taking the pictures...so, I'm happy to read that people enjoy them. I know that some FTers who read on mobile devices run into excessive data download issues when reading TRs with lots of photos (especially now that there is a 100 photo {instead of 20 photo} limit per post), which is why I included a (tongue-in-cheek) warning. But, I also enjoy reading TRs with lots of photos - it makes me feel more like I'm along for the ride.
Old May 20, 2014, 2:41 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FindAWay
Thanks for reading and posting your positive review! I do like taking the pictures...so, I'm happy to read that people enjoy them. I know that some FTers who read on mobile devices run into excessive data download issues when reading TRs with lots of photos (especially now that there is a 100 photo {instead of 20 photo} limit per post), which is why I included a (tongue-in-cheek) warning. But, I also enjoy reading TRs with lots of photos - it makes me feel more like I'm along for the ride.
Exactly. When I post trip albums on Facebook or my two a year trip reports, I want people to feel like they're seeing the total progression of the trip that I took from beginning to end. I get annoyed when I read someone's report and they cut out parts and I wonder "wait, how did we get here?". I'm glad we share the same viewpoint on this.
Old May 23, 2014, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CMK10
Exactly. When I post trip albums on Facebook or my two a year trip reports, I want people to feel like they're seeing the total progression of the trip that I took from beginning to end. I get annoyed when I read someone's report and they cut out parts and I wonder "wait, how did we get here?". I'm glad we share the same viewpoint on this.
I definitely agree - thanks for following along with me on this trip!
Old Jun 18, 2014, 11:29 am

Excellent Report. Stayed in the same room in Phuket. Excellent memories brought up.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 1:24 pm
was thetravelingRedhead

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Silver Premier
Hello fellow CHicagoan!

Excelent TR! Gave me some inspiration for my travels abroad!

What was your favorite part about Thailand?
Old Jun 18, 2014, 3:29 pm

Excellent TR, awesome photos on TG A380.....
Old Jun 18, 2014, 9:37 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Nicely done. Lots of experiences in a very short time table!!

I personally really enjoyed Tonle Sap in Cambodia, but I did arrange my visit through the concierge desk at Le Meridien Angkor. No scams there.

The biz seats on the TG A380 are a far cry above what is offered on the TG older B777's and A330's. You did well.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by isaifan
Excellent Report. Stayed in the same room in Phuket. Excellent memories brought up.
Thanks for reading! I have some great memories from there too - I'm glad I could bring some of your's back.

Originally Posted by thetravelingRedhead
Hello fellow CHicagoan!

Excelent TR! Gave me some inspiration for my travels abroad!

What was your favorite part about Thailand?
Thanks for reading and posting your compliment! I hope you enjoy your upcoming travels abroad as much as we enjoyed this trip.

I thought the Phi Phi Islands were beautiful (if a bit crowded in some places).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.