A Trip To Iran

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A Trip To Iran

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2014, 8:50 am

Programs: FB Gold, TK Miles & Smiles Elite, Aeroplan
Thanks for sharing your report and amazing pictures!

I just returned from a 3-week trip through Iran myself a few days ago, and can't wait to go back
Old May 4, 2014, 10:53 am

Thanks so much for sharing. Your photos are amazing, and I especially love the photos of people since you get such a feel of the place from that. I just need to get more confidence when I'm traveling to take them and to introduce myself to get such shots. Iran has been on my list for a while and hope to get there in the next 10 years.
Old May 4, 2014, 11:24 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, KrisFlyer Elite Gold
Incredible! I really really need to go.
Old May 4, 2014, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Another magnificent report with beautiful pictures.

I love this one in particular:

Old May 4, 2014, 1:04 pm

Great trip report. Incredible photos as well. Looking for ways to visit Iran now.
Old May 4, 2014, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Great TR!!! The photos are stunning!!!!!
Old May 5, 2014, 2:12 am

Wow! Amazing pictures. Thank you!
Old May 5, 2014, 4:14 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Great great report, thank you for sharing.
Old May 5, 2014, 5:01 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by DanielW
Thanks, rankourabu. Yes, the Niayesh was a great place, a lot of character and my favorite hotel for the trip.

Cheers, Eric. Only a short flight from where I live, so figured I had to get there sometime.

Thank you, SgtRyan. You'll have to add it to your bucket list, surprising easy to travel around and the people were very friendly and welcoming too.

Thanks, durberville. There's a few Jewish people still in Iran, and I actually saw a guy biking along in Isfahan wearing a Kippa. I don't think sexual orientation is on your passport either.
Nice trip report.

I love Persian food but was wondering if any of the food got your stomach disturbed?

The Iranian parliament has a minimum legal quota of having at least one elected Jewish Iranian as a member of parliament. Iran still has some religious, ethnic and linguistic diversity with, amongst others, members of all the major monotheistic Abrahamic religions and the Zoroastrian precursor represented; and there are ethnic minorities of Armenian, Arab, Baluchi, Azeri and other lingo-ethnic/religious backgrounds beyond that there. [Iran is also one of the world's largest hosts for refugees, in largest part from Afghanistan.] Even some of the most fundamentalist mullahs there are proud of Iran being a more diverse and hospitable place historically than say some of its near neighbors across the water. My American relatives that have been to Iran or lived there had great experiences visiting and didn't have any worries about being ethnic/religious minorities there at any point in the past ten years at least.

Last edited by GUWonder; May 5, 2014 at 5:06 am
Old May 5, 2014, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Nice trip report.

I love Persian food but was wondering if any of the food got your stomach disturbed?
I was fine in Iran over 2 weeks. No disturbances.
I didnt find the food that exciting. It wasnt a highlight, and I would not be going to Iran for a culinary experience.

As for the rest of your post, ^^
Old May 6, 2014, 4:38 pm

Fantastic. Thanks.

I would like to go one day if I can.

Are there a lot of foreign tourists?
Old May 7, 2014, 2:48 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Bretteee
Fantastic. Thanks.

I would like to go one day if I can.

Are there a lot of foreign tourists?
Seasonally and for at least one purpose, sort of; otherwise not so many. Lots of Arab and South/Central Asian tourists -- mostly religious pilgrimage tourists -- but noticed even some European tourists on ski tour packages; and in the summer some American tourist groups.

For anyone interested in the history of SW/C/S Asia, Iran is fascinating given its various contributions to the region.
Old May 7, 2014, 7:34 am

Really wish I could travel there without the guide restriction.....oh well, one day.
Old May 7, 2014, 8:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, mid-tier with pretty much everyone else
Really incredible report, I've wanted to go to Iran for a long time and now want to even more.
Old May 7, 2014, 9:20 pm

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
unbelievable photography. do you have a flickr account?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.