Wiki Posts
Search

Live trip report, BRU-HNL-STT and back

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2014, 4:16 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chris1979
LAX flagship lounge angels (took 3 of them) after 40 mins managed it. No idea how (not sure they do either). Worked all fine 1st time around but not 2nd.

Now in MIA just in from overnight from LAX waiting for flight to CUN and back,onwards to LAX and "home" for 3 days to SFO.

Enjoy HNL and thanks for comment Billingham.

Am a bit tired and not sure how to feel but good trip. Might do a write up of sorts or at least a "lessons learned" to supplement billinghams very useful list.
So would you be in LAX between 4-8pm on Wednesday? If so I should also be there so let me know and we can meet up.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 4:55 am

Programs: BA Silver, ATI Volare Premium, Priority Club Platinum, HHonors Silver
Just completed a short TP run from MCO to LAX and back to get me back to Silver (gives me all the benefits I need).
I was a bit concerned about the 757 after reading reports on here but 3F was comfy on both flights - good food on way out - can recommend the spinach and cheese stuffed chicken and the sundae lived up to expectations. The Savignon Blanc was very pleasant but the Merlot was horrid.
Quick turnaround at LAX due to late inbound flight - fell asleep before we left the gate - first time I've ever slept through a take off.
Back in MCO hotel now waiting for the rest of the family to wake up.
Safe travels to all of you on your long TP runs, 2 flights was enough for me
MrBambi
Old Apr 16, 2014, 5:09 am

Programs: BA GGL; Hilton Diamond
Does GGL work like Gold i.e. if one achieved GGL in June 14 and one's membership year ended December 14, the GGL benefits would last until January 16?
Old Apr 16, 2014, 7:06 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Am a bit tired and not sure how to feel but good trip. Might do a write up of sorts or at least a "lessons learned" to supplement billinghams very useful list.
I'm glad you got yourself out of that one, was it ESTA related? AA.com OLCI is intolerant of typos and what-not on international sectors. I'm sure you didn't much like 1A on a 757, if it was the old seats, there is not enough leg room in sleep mode.

Originally Posted by loungesnob
Does GGL work like Gold i.e. if one achieved GGL in June 14 and one's membership year ended December 14, the GGL benefits would last until January 16?
Yes the benefits now extend into the whole of the following year.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 7:45 am

Programs: BAEC , M&M , VIRGIN FC , FLYING BLUE
the latest instalment of this TP run serves as a warning that BA001 can be a bit more turbulent than other flights
Old Apr 16, 2014, 8:07 am

Programs: GGL, BA lifetime Gold, Many Hotel Sparkles
Originally Posted by ShadowCaptain
Was it you I bumped into at the Boeing factory tour today?
It was not
Old Apr 16, 2014, 8:13 am

Programs: GGL, BA lifetime Gold, Many Hotel Sparkles
Originally Posted by jacobitetraveller
the latest instalment of this TP run serves as a warning that BA001 can be a bit more turbulent than other flights
It was not just turbulence on this occasion. Worst I've experienced so far for nausea creation. The weather was terrible, low thick cloud and a go around whilst on approach. As the flaps retracted I first thought we were heading to an alternative airport.

wonderman survived I was due to fly on with him to a LAX however due to leaving my wallet on BA01 I had a trip back to terminal 7. American immediately rebooked me to a later flight and BA had my wallet waiting at the ticket desk. Exceptional

The A321t in first was excellent, I ate and took over 3.5 hours of flat bed kip
Old Apr 16, 2014, 9:38 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by BugAlugs
It was not
Hah, strange. I bumped into a Brit flyertalker on the factory tour who said he had gone helsinki > lcy > jfk > yyz, I can't remember his name though. There really does seem to be TP runners everywhere right now. Its as if we've all deployed on operations at exactly the same time.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 9:53 am

After 4 hours sleep I am up, got the shuttle to the airport, and currently sitting in the AC at HNL awaiting a flight to LAX in 90 mins. Feeling ok so far and not too tired. I think physically the next 4 flights to SJU are going to be tough. I get o SJU at around 10am on Thursday and staying at the Hampton inn for 1 night, leaving to come back to HNL early on Friday morning. No plans for San Juan other than sleep in a real bed and possibly having a swim in the pool.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 3:20 pm

Programs: BA GGL (but soon to lose the GL :-(), IHG Spire Amb, Hilton Dmnd (and pleb/pleb-plus in 1001 others)
Having missed Karfa last night (comms issues!), I'm trailing behind him today. Just got to the JAL lounge in HNL awaiting my flight to LAX en route to STT.

I'm looking forward to getting back to HNL at the weekend just to have 3 days or so in one place, but I have to say that I don't think I'll be rushing to get back to Waikiki for a holiday any time soon. Reminds me too much of Cancun - are all American tourist destinations build on nothing more than trying to flog people over priced designer goods?

If I ever find myself needing to do a TP run again, I'd look at one of the other Hawaiian Islands I think.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by flibbly
Having missed Karfa last night (comms issues!), I'm trailing behind him today. Just got to the JAL lounge in HNL awaiting my flight to LAX en route to STT.

I'm looking forward to getting back to HNL at the weekend just to have 3 days or so in one place, but I have to say that I don't think I'll be rushing to get back to Waikiki for a holiday any time soon. Reminds me too much of Cancun - are all American tourist destinations build on nothing more than trying to flog people over priced designer goods?

If I ever find myself needing to do a TP run again, I'd look at one of the other Hawaiian Islands I think.
Hi,

The Big Island is very nice ( will get there on Sunday).

Regards

TBS
Old Apr 16, 2014, 4:52 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by flibbly
I have to say that I don't think I'll be rushing to get back to Waikiki for a holiday any time soon. Reminds me too much of Cancun - are all American tourist destinations build on nothing more than trying to flog people over priced designer goods?
I spent most of my 7 hours in HNL on a bench in the airport garden - much cheaper and quite nice
Old Apr 16, 2014, 5:05 pm

Have arrived lax. Sorry news for flibby is that there was quite a lot of unavoidable turbulence from HNL-lax today. It was heavier than the typical light chop. Anyway, have another 3 hrs here until my flight to LAS, hopefully will get some great views across Las Vegas when we land and when I leave later on for MIA. So far all on time and all going ok, let's hope that continues.

I don't know how the others are feeling, but I am actually ok. Fully awake and not feeling tired or jet lagged at all over the last few hours. Anyway I need to catch up with the archers!
Old Apr 16, 2014, 5:36 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by KARFA
Quote:

LAX flagship lounge angels (took 3 of them) after 40 mins managed it. No idea how (not sure they do either). Worked all fine 1st time around but not 2nd.

Now in MIA just in from overnight from LAX waiting for flight to CUN and back,onwards to LAX and "home" for 3 days to SFO.

Enjoy HNL and thanks for comment Billingham.

So would you be in LAX between 4-8pm on Wednesday? If so I should also be there so let me know and we can meet up.
I am in LAX now for the next 90 mins.

U here?
Old Apr 16, 2014, 5:38 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Live trip report, BRU-HNL-STT and back

In flagship lounge having shower. My next flight boards at 5.30. Let me know if you are around.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.