Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Live trip report, BRU-HNL-STT and back

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2014, 11:58 am

Programs: Demoted to gold, Cats protection
Originally Posted by KARFA
I noticed that, was just reading it this morning and noticed no updates. He sounded pretty beat so far so hope he is ok, wherever he is. I am not sure what the dates are for his flight so whether he is still in STT or on the way back to HNL.
Did ya read mine?
Old Apr 20, 2014, 12:43 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by pinkcat
Did ya read mine?
Did you do a blog? Sorry, I missed it if you did. I wasn't really in to tier point runs until recently so may have passed over it at the time. Post a link, I I have 2 hours to go to IAD so plenty of time to read. I have already exhausted the supply of downloaded programs on my iPad.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 1:24 pm

Did you do a blog? Sorry, I missed it if you did. I wasn't really in to tier point runs until recently so may have passed over it at the time. Post a link, I I have 2 hours to go to IAD so plenty of time to read. I have already exhausted the supply of downloaded programs on my iPad.
Just started one for this trip coming up, I thought I would join the throng!
its at http://cazz-onecatshortofcrazy.blogspot.co.uk/

its part TR part reflection for me as my life has changed pretty drastically this last couple of months
Old Apr 20, 2014, 1:33 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by pinkcat
Just started one for this trip coming up, I thought I would join the throng!
its at http://cazz-onecatshortofcrazy.blogspot.co.uk/

its part TR part reflection for me as my life has changed pretty drastically this last couple of months
Excellent blog so far, and you haven't even left yet. I really look forward to reading about your adventures and wish you the very best of luck. Godspeed to you!

Sat at home taking stock of my past week of travels, the people I have met en route, and the trials and successes I have read on this thread I am truly proud to be part of it. The true spirit of Flyertalk lives here
Old Apr 20, 2014, 2:05 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
am on way home.

currently in JFK flagship lounge. have changed seat from 3D to 5J with them blocking 5K as it's pretty empty flight to CDG. It better stay that way as hate being in the window seat on AA when you have a neighour.

it's been a fun and emotional week and as ShadowCaptain said, lots of elements "in the spirit of FT".
Old Apr 20, 2014, 5:35 pm

Programs: BA GGL (but soon to lose the GL :-(), IHG Spire Amb, Hilton Dmnd (and pleb/pleb-plus in 1001 others)
Looks like I'll be one of the last to get home - I leave HNL tomorrow.

Although I didn't manage to meetup with any of you, the feeling that we were all in this together certainly sustained me in my darkest hours - so thanks one and all

I have to admit that STT and back (with unintended diversion via JFK) really took it out of me so soon after first arriving in HNL. I'm mighty relieved that I gave myself three days here to recover afterwards before heading for home. Hopefully I won't need to do this next year!

One point of note is that since my IRROPs, no TPs have posted - i.e. the TPs for HNL-LAX did, but no more since. I have checked my BPs to make sure that my BAEC number was still on the new ones (it was), so I guess I'll have to chase them up when I get home if they've not appeared by then. If so, are BA likely to ask any awkward questions about why I wanted to travel 5000 miles each way to spend 6 hours in a flea pit hotel?
Old Apr 20, 2014, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by flibbly
Looks like I'll be one of the last to get home - I leave HNL tomorrow.

Although I didn't manage to meetup with any of you, the feeling that we were all in this together certainly sustained me in my darkest hours - so thanks one and all

I have to admit that STT and back (with unintended diversion via JFK) really took it out of me so soon after first arriving in HNL. I'm mighty relieved that I gave myself three days here to recover afterwards before heading for home. Hopefully I won't need to do this next year
Just saw this thread. I arrived today at HNL and will be on your flight tomorrow evening back to lax.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 10:12 pm

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
Looks like there is some real community spirit from all of you HNL travellers which is great to see. Hope everyone has enjoyed their travels (appreciate pinkcat hasn't left yet!)
Old Apr 20, 2014, 11:32 pm

Programs: BA GGL (but soon to lose the GL :-(), IHG Spire Amb, Hilton Dmnd (and pleb/pleb-plus in 1001 others)
Originally Posted by Valim
Just saw this thread. I arrived today at HNL and will be on your flight tomorrow evening back to lax.
Hi Valim, barring any interference by the dreaded seat-shifters, I'll be guy in 2F who looks happy to be going home. Come and say hello if you like.

(If you don't want to ask a total stranger whether or not they're "flibbly", I also sometimes go by the name of Mark )

Are you doing a run to SJU/STT and back?
Old Apr 21, 2014, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by flibbly
If so, are BA likely to ask any awkward questions about why I wanted to travel 5000 miles each way to spend 6 hours in a flea pit hotel?
Tell them you had an assignation!
Old Apr 21, 2014, 12:49 am

I am back in the UK and had a great flight in F from IAD-LHR. I don't think I have ever slept so well. Woke up at -40 minutes to landing. There were only 3 in F, me, 2A and 1K. Fast track at T5 was actually fast this morning, from the top of the escalator to walking off with my bags was under 5 minutes.

Went to the CCR, no trouble getting in based on my arrival in F. Had my eggs benedict which was very tasty. I am looking forward to the CCR being my normal lounge from later this year.

To echo flibbly's comment, it has been great to communicate with others doing similar runs on here, and also to meet LondonAndy in Honolulu the first night for a drink, and chris1979 at LAX part way through. Welcome to Valim as well. I have been writing notes throughout so will post a TR with lots of photos in due course.

Although I still have LHR-BRU-MAN to do it does seem as if I am home.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 1:12 am

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
I am back in the UK and had a great flight in F from IAD-LHR. I don't think I have ever slept so well. Woke up at -40 minutes to landing. There were only 3 in F, me, 2A and 1K. Fast track at T5 was actually fast this morning, from the top of the escalator to walking off with my bags was under 5 minutes.

Went to the CCR, no trouble getting in based on my arrival in F. Had my eggs benedict which was very tasty. I am looking forward to the CCR being my normal lounge from later this year.

To echo flibbly's comment, it has been great to communicate with others doing similar runs on here, and also to meet LondonAndy in Honolulu the first night for a drink, and chris1979 at LAX part way through. Welcome to Valim as well. I have been writing notes throughout so will post a TR with lots of photos in due course.

Although I still have LHR-BRU-MAN to do it does seem as if I am home.
Welcome back KARFA - it's always good to get home isn't it! Billinghamv and I were in the CCR yesterday for the first time. Very nice indeed apart from the wifi not working properly (and apparently it hasn't been working properly for a couple of days now).

Same plane turnaround at BRU? Hope you get gate B4 - dead easy that one - must be one of the easiest as long as arrive at the right gate.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 1:19 am

No, BA to BRU and then Brussels airline to MAN. I think that I have about 4 hrs to kill at BRU.

BA have brought me back down to earth - bus gate A4 for BRU flight.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 2:30 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard

Invol u/g for me on RSF flight back to LHR just now. Very new smelling 320 with the thin / hard seats. Completely packed flight and seems quite a few connecting pax from the accents.

I'll be sleeping all the way back so am hardly going to appreciate CE on the 50 mins flight but nice finish to an epic trip nonetheless.

Fully echo all other comments: encountered some great FT spirit over the last 9 days / 16 flights / 1,820 accumulated TPs. It's been emotional but great fun and the encounters and this thread have made it more fun.

Doors to automatic and cross check...

PS just noticed the dark co-branded BA / IB sick bags for the first time.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 2:45 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist
This thread has been fascinating to read over the last couple of days. You guys are mad! I have found myself wondering (no pun intended) what was happened to wonderman. I do hope he has made all of his flights and not ended up like the guy in the Terminal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.