Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

To Nepal & Back - the view from Seat 2K (LH, TG, TK F & C)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

To Nepal & Back - the view from Seat 2K (LH, TG, TK F & C)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2014, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Great report and excellent video. What a wonderful experience. SFO777jr and I were talking about going to Nepal next year and your pics and report sealed the deal. Thanks for posting.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 7:14 am

Programs: Former 1K turned UA Kettle
great report. I really want to visit Nepal, and this TR just reminded me of that!
Old Apr 10, 2014, 7:15 am

Awesome video, Noah! Some amazing scenery too, especially those trails with the big drop offs just to the side.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Engaging text, superb photography - totally First Class! Add to that the fact that you've probably inspired a good number of people here to make that trip to Nepal sooner rather than later and your trip report defines excellence in reporting. Thanks, noah!

BTW, I enjoyed reading this to the accompaniment of a freshly downloaded DSO show from last week in Flagstaff. They'll be playing in Portland at the Crystal next Friday night (18th). Wish I could be there!
Old Apr 15, 2014, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by SFO777
Great report and excellent video. What a wonderful experience. SFO777jr and I were talking about going to Nepal next year and your pics and report sealed the deal. Thanks for posting.
Thanks! Awesome that you are going to make the trip. It's a really unique place to travel, and the location opens up lots of possibilities for awards.

Originally Posted by Seat 2A
Engaging text, superb photography - totally First Class! Add to that the fact that you've probably inspired a good number of people here to make that trip to Nepal sooner rather than later and your trip report defines excellence in reporting. Thanks, noah!

BTW, I enjoyed reading this to the accompaniment of a freshly downloaded DSO show from last week in Flagstaff. They'll be playing in Portland at the Crystal next Friday night (18th). Wish I could be there!
Thanks Seat 2A -- as I wrote, your trip reports have been an inspiration to me so I really appreciate the kind words.

DSO has played some great shows recently -- my friends in SF have been raving about the past weekend -- and the Friday show is certainly on my list for this weekend if I can swing it.

Also, some people have commented that they were unable to see the video since Facebook was blocked (users in China) so I've moved the video to a new server and have added a 1080p version so if you tried before unsuccessfully, try again and see if it works this time.

Thanks again to all for reading!
Old Apr 15, 2014, 10:49 am
brg

Wonderful report
The pictures of the Himalayas were awesome.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 5:03 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, UA Silver, Marriott + SPG Gold, Global Entry
Epic report. Looking to do a similar trip from PDX myself next summer. May talk to you about your experience getting to FRA on LH from PDX on miles.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by PDXUA
Epic report. Looking to do a similar trip from PDX myself next summer. May talk to you about your experience getting to FRA on LH from PDX on miles.
Sure, happy to. It was so easy when LH flew PDX-FRA.. the good old days .. *sniff*
But then when they moved that flight to SEA, it wasn't so bad to hop up to SEA on UAX and fly SEA-FRA... oh but thats not an option anymore either thanks to the death of PDX-SEA.
Now you'd want to fly AC Jazz PDX-YVR, and then jump onto LH YVR-MUC.. if getting new business is your goal. Going via SFO or DEN isn't guaranteed.

Last edited by noah; Jul 23, 2014 at 9:30 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.