Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Hungary Man. Spring Break in Budapest with the return in British Airways First Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hungary Man. Spring Break in Budapest with the return in British Airways First Class

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2014, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Another great report! Enjoyed it very much - brings back memories of my law school travels between terms!
Old Mar 8, 2016, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
What a great trip report !

Realizing I am very late to the party, I came across this report while checking out FlyerTalk for some info on Budapest. I have an all-too-brief visit rapidly approaching. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ties-well.html

Thanks for the great photos and narrative. Really gives me a sense of the city and how to structure my own inaugural excursion into Eastern Europe.

Oh - did you ever find a local beer that was more to your liking?

Cheers.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 4:32 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by goodeats21
What a great trip report !

Realizing I am very late to the party, I came across this report while checking out FlyerTalk for some info on Budapest. I have an all-too-brief visit rapidly approaching. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ties-well.html

Thanks for the great photos and narrative. Really gives me a sense of the city and how to structure my own inaugural excursion into Eastern Europe.

Oh - did you ever find a local beer that was more to your liking?

Cheers.
Why thank you! It's always an honor for the writer when his TR gets a bump. I'm glad my report was helpful for you too.

Sadly no, I never found a beer I liked. Thankfully, there was more than enough delicious wine to keep me happy ^
Old Mar 10, 2016, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by CMK10
Why thank you! It's always an honor for the writer when his TR gets a bump. I'm glad my report was helpful for you too.

Sadly no, I never found a beer I liked. Thankfully, there was more than enough delicious wine to keep me happy ^
Ah OK. Thanks. I am not much of a wine drinker, but will do my best to continue sampling local beers until I find a good one.

Now trying to decide if a thermal bath would be a worthwhile stop...
Old Mar 10, 2016, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Ah OK. Thanks. I am not much of a wine drinker, but will do my best to continue sampling local beers until I find a good one.

Now trying to decide if a thermal bath would be a worthwhile stop...
*craft beer fanatic checking in* Check out my TR from when I was in Budapest a couple of winters ago. I went to a couple craft beer bars, and a little microbrewery/bar. Let me know if you have any questions!

I really, really wanted to jump on that fare you got but I didn't have the vacation time available... Do the thermal bath. I didn't when I was there and regret it.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...d-combo-y.html

CMK10, another great report. I never saw this when it was first written so it was a good read last night!
Old Mar 11, 2016, 6:05 am

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
I saw this when it was Bumped, i went to Budapest last year, and i agree its an amazing place, with an amazing TR to top it off!
Old Mar 11, 2016, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
*craft beer fanatic checking in* Check out my TR from when I was in Budapest a couple of winters ago. I went to a couple craft beer bars, and a little microbrewery/bar. Let me know if you have any questions!

I really, really wanted to jump on that fare you got but I didn't have the vacation time available... Do the thermal bath. I didn't when I was there and regret it.

CMK10, another great report. I never saw this when it was first written so it was a good read last night!
Thanks for the link. For some reason I had not found that one during my initial search.

I didn't have vacation time either...so it is just a weekend trip for me.

I have about 22 hours from touch down until takeoff, so it is going to be a whirlwind visit. I am getting my first Business Class trips on both Austrian and Swiss, as well as a couple flights on a new aircraft type for me (Fokker 100). ^

These weekend jaunts are becoming a tradition.
Last year's version:http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-......-ua-lh.html

Love the sale fares.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 12:55 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by krazykanuck

Ack I wish I'd known about these places when I was there! Oh well, more motivation to go back

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.