Community
Wiki Posts
Search

YYZ-EWR-CDG (AC J/UA J) – Around The World: Part I

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2014, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by avm2806
Looking forward to the next part - I have to say the more TR's I see of AC J shorthaul the more impressed I am - entertainment on Embraers, decent snacks etc - AC J seems to be leaps and bounds ahead of UA/AA F on domestic and Canada routes.
Last month, I flew two segments on an AC RJ705 and one segment on a UA RJ700 in J class.

AC aircraft were 100% better. UA had no entertainment system and J pax use the one lav at the back of the aircraft. The UA aircraft interior was "tired"
Old Mar 20, 2014, 6:32 pm
Original Poster

When I landed in EWR, I didn't see any signs for airside shuttle transfer to the other terminal unfortunately

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Most of NZ flights between AUS-NZ are operated A320s in a all Y config. As these routes are run like an LCC.
Ahh yes thats right. I remember now, looks like there was an equipment change for my SYD-AKL flight to 747, so J opened up

Originally Posted by avm2806
Looking forward to the next part - I have to say the more TR's I see of AC J shorthaul the more impressed I am - entertainment on Embraers, decent snacks etc - AC J seems to be leaps and bounds ahead of UA/AA F on domestic and Canada routes.
Definitely decent for the shorthaul. Have not been on any other short hops in N.A.

I have a shorthaul TR within Europe after arriving in CDG, will be putting that up soon.
Old May 7, 2014, 1:17 pm

Thanks for this useful TR for my Europe trip next year
Was planning YYZ-IAD/EWR-AMS on UA

Lesson to myself
- don't transfer at EWR. IAD is probably easier
- Man, UA J hardware looks okay, the food doesn't Maybe I should go for YYZ-IST-AMS instead

Questions (thanks in advance)
Can I ask how many times did you change your route? and how much it costs?
and how much did you originally pay on tax/fees?
how long ago did you book it? 11 months out, 6 months, all the way till 2 weeks out?
Old Jun 7, 2014, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jerryhung
Thanks for this useful TR for my Europe trip next year
Was planning YYZ-IAD/EWR-AMS on UA

Lesson to myself
- don't transfer at EWR. IAD is probably easier
- Man, UA J hardware looks okay, the food doesn't Maybe I should go for YYZ-IST-AMS instead

Questions (thanks in advance)
Can I ask how many times did you change your route? and how much it costs?
and how much did you originally pay on tax/fees?
how long ago did you book it? 11 months out, 6 months, all the way till 2 weeks out?
Bit late on the response but...

Changed the route 5 times in total - each time I got a better aircraft/cabin/route, so worth it. $90+tax each time. So approx $500 total.

Original taxes, etc was probably around $400 or $500. In all, I think it was close to $1k once everything was done, including the change fees.

I booked the entire trip about 5 months in advance. I was flexible with what dates I took off work so I basically found the dates which had the best availability in J.
Old Jun 7, 2014, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by cysnows
Bit late on the response but...

Changed the route 5 times in total - each time I got a better aircraft/cabin/route, so worth it. $90+tax each time. So approx $500 total.

Original taxes, etc was probably around $400 or $500. In all, I think it was close to $1k once everything was done, including the change fees.

I booked the entire trip about 5 months in advance. I was flexible with what dates I took off work so I basically found the dates which had the best availability in J.
Thanks for the reply, ouch, but at least it got better each change

I guess no need to really book it a year out then (at -11 months, the availability seems limited also)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.