Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Antarctica, Patagonia, Buenos Aires, Iguazu Falls, Rio de Janeiro (TK/CA-J)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Antarctica, Patagonia, Buenos Aires, Iguazu Falls, Rio de Janeiro (TK/CA-J)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2015, 7:41 am

Programs: BAEC
Great report, thanks for posting, Your photos from Antartica are amazing
Old Mar 21, 2015, 9:31 pm

Programs: UAL, AA, AS, CX
Originally Posted by dttravels
We visited both sides of the falls. The falls are absolutely majestic. The Argentinean side provides an up close and personal feeling while the Brazilian side provides a more overview of the falls. It is absolutely majestic.

Garanta del Diablo

Argentinean side of Iguazu Falls

Brazilian side of Iguaçu Falls

OP can you expand with more context how you went about seeing both Argentinian and Brazilian sides of the falls please? Ive hear going in that manner is quite expensive? Thanks
Old Mar 22, 2015, 5:47 pm

Was it cold?

Do they give you special jackets?

Is it worth sleeping in a tent? Cold?

Thanks. It was great reading.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 6:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JHIN
OP can you expand with more context how you went about seeing both Argentinian and Brazilian sides of the falls please? Ive hear going in that manner is quite expensive? Thanks
Because one of us had dual nationality, so we wanted to minimize the amount of times we had to go through immigration. So we flew into Iguazu from the Argentine side and we hired a taxi from the airport to the falls on the Argentinian side. We stayed the night in Puerto Iguazu. The next day we took a taxi from Puerto Iguazu to the hotel we booked in the city of Foz de Iguacu in Brazil. At the time, we bargained the price to 170 ARS which at the time the conversion to USD was about 20USD and the taxi driver helped us with the immigration procedures. From the hotel, we took the bus to Iguacu falls on the Brazilian side. The most expensive part was the entrance fees.

Originally Posted by Bretteee
Was it cold?

Do they give you special jackets?

Is it worth sleeping in a tent? Cold?

Thanks. It was great reading.
It wasn't that cold in Antarctica (approx -2 degree Celsius) and we were provided with jackets. What I actually found was that it gets quite hot after a while after walking up some of the hills. But we were rather fortunate that the weather was sunny and there was hardly any wind.

As for sleeping in a tent, I actually didn't end up sleep that long as I wanted to wait for the sunset and sunrise (estimated time for sunset was midnight and 2am for sunrise). But for the short time I was in the tent and under a sleeping bag, it wasn't that cold as they provided down sleeping bags. But like I said, we were extremely fortunate that weather was on our side with very nice and calm weather.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 12:15 pm

Thanks for possibly the best trip report I have ever read! How long did it take you to write it? Took me all afternoon to read it, on a cold March afternoon in England.

For anyone interested in Iguassu.. you must see both sides, ignore the cost, it is worth it! The coatis are amazing animals, they are all over the place near the falls. But they are aggressive thieves, where food is concerned.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 4:35 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
What an amazing report, thanks for putting it up!

As a porteño I loved your pictures of Buenos Aires. Sorry to hear you (almost) were a victim of the ketchup scam - never been through it myself but I know it's a classical tourist scam. Good to see you were already aware of it.

I haven't been to Iguazú in ages. Your pictures just make me want to book a ticket right away!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.