Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Antarctica, Patagonia, Buenos Aires, Iguazu Falls, Rio de Janeiro (TK/CA-J)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Antarctica, Patagonia, Buenos Aires, Iguazu Falls, Rio de Janeiro (TK/CA-J)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2014, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Puerto Natales

After flying back from King George Island to Punta Arenas, we went to Puerto Natales to go to Torres del Paine National Park. There isn’t really much attractions within the town itself but is rather quaint.

Guanaco

Torres del Paine

Lago Grey
Old Mar 15, 2014, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Perito Moreno

The next day we took a coach tour from Puerto Natales to visit Perito Moreno in Argentina and after we stayed at El Calafate. As a warning to most travelers that are thinking of something like this, the bus ride was approximately 8 hrs and it is a very long day if you are planning to go back to Puerto Natales on the same day. Also, try to have some Argentinean Peso because the exchange rate at for the park entrance was excessive.

Perito Moreno

Surrounding area of Perito Moreno
Old Mar 15, 2014, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Nice report, excited to see more
Old Mar 15, 2014, 9:36 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Nice report with some stunning pictures!

Food on TK looks FAN-TAS-TIC as usual, perhaps the main reason why they are my favorite airline. Too bad about getting the old product on the A340 all the way, as it must've been a pretty long journey. But I agree with your seat mate, lying on the side is the most comfortable sleeping position and I too managed to get 6 hours of undisturbed sleep when I flew them.

Looking forward to the rest!
Old Mar 15, 2014, 12:51 pm

Awesome report! You don't see reports like this everyday. This report makes me want to go to Argentina now.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 1:47 pm

Programs: BAEC silver, CX gold, FB ivory
Wow

Absolutely stunning photos

Very jealous of your trip!
Old Mar 15, 2014, 4:36 pm

Wow, I am so envious. Thank you for sharing your report. I am looking forward to the rest.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 4:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold - A3 Gold - FB Gold - IHG Plat - SPG Gold -Hyatt Platinum
Antartida must be an incredible place to visit. Your pictures are amazing. thank you for sharing.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 6:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Amazing adventure; thanks for posting. I've traveled overland between the South of Argentina and Chile, and also cruised around Cape Horn, but never made it to Antarctica, maybe someday....
Old Mar 15, 2014, 6:20 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
wow I did most of this in Dec last year except Antarctica - it looks spectacular!

Did you find your trip tiring though? I found patagonia to rather tiring due to the long transits to each of the sites. Lots of early mornings and bumpy terrains
Old Mar 15, 2014, 6:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Great TR!
Old Mar 15, 2014, 8:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, TK Elite, A3 Gold
Stunning photos! Great TR and looking forward to the rest of it!
Old Mar 15, 2014, 11:19 pm

Wow. Thank you for taking the time to share.

Your photos (great) are likely the closest I will ever come to any of these sights.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lsed
wow I did most of this in Dec last year except Antarctica - it looks spectacular!

Did you find your trip tiring though? I found patagonia to rather tiring due to the long transits to each of the sites. Lots of early mornings and bumpy terrains
I didn't find it that tiring. But I guess since I didn't any hikes, so it may not have tired me out as much. If I do get a chance to go to Patagonia again, I would want to spend a bit more time hiking. Also, about 1/3 to half of my travels are coach tours (asian style - where they wake you up around 6am and get to the hotel around 9pm), so that might a trained me a bit with the early mornings and long transits .
Old Mar 16, 2014, 7:55 am
Suspended

Programs: promotional gifts
Originally Posted by dttravels
As most people here have raved about this lounge, so I was quite excited that I would get a chance to visit. I had my onward boarding pass from the check-in in Guangzhou so I just scanned my boarding pass and I was let into the lounge.

Entrance to CIP

Breakfast spread

Just some observations:
When I arrived around 5:30am, there were still quite a lot of seats that were still available. However, around 6-8, there is a morning rush and pretty much the whole place is completely filled and is extremely difficult to find a seat. After 8am, some of the passengers depart and there are spaces available.
wow , looks good

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.