Reload this Page >

Europe - Virgin Atlantic Upper Class/Air France/KLM/Finnair

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Europe - Virgin Atlantic Upper Class/Air France/KLM/Finnair

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2014, 4:16 pm

Programs: No airline status whatsoever, Chase URs, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
A remark on the poor service at LHR Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse: I don't want to start anything here, but I've always felt that the servers in the clubhouse pay little attention to women. I've enjoyed the clubhouse for many years, actually don't mind arriving early for my flight so I can spend time there. Sometimes I'm on my own, other times I'm with my husband. Like the OP, I've seen servers just walking by me without a glance, and I've also seen them approach a man close by me and ask if he wanted anything else. It's not consistent, but really annoying. I like to make my little nest in the sunken area, plug in my laptop without an adapter, and order things to drink and eat ... then concentrate on whatever work I need to do. I do not want to be constantly scanning around looking for someone to bring me a glass of champagne. It occurs to me that maybe I'm supposed to tip these people and that's why I'm ignored? I've never seen anyone tip a server in the clubhouse. Does anyone have any intell on this subject? Other than this little thing, I love everything about the VS LHR Clubhouse.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 12:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 1MM, DL reserve, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by judyserienagy
A remark on the poor service at LHR Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse: I don't want to start anything here, but I've always felt that the servers in the clubhouse pay little attention to women. I've enjoyed the clubhouse for many years, actually don't mind arriving early for my flight so I can spend time there. Sometimes I'm on my own, other times I'm with my husband. Like the OP, I've seen servers just walking by me without a glance, and I've also seen them approach a man close by me and ask if he wanted anything else. It's not consistent, but really annoying. I like to make my little nest in the sunken area, plug in my laptop without an adapter, and order things to drink and eat ... then concentrate on whatever work I need to do. I do not want to be constantly scanning around looking for someone to bring me a glass of champagne. It occurs to me that maybe I'm supposed to tip these people and that's why I'm ignored? I've never seen anyone tip a server in the clubhouse. Does anyone have any intell on this subject? Other than this little thing, I love everything about the VS LHR Clubhouse.
I think it might just be the workers and not highly trained ones who want to exceed the expectations of their clients, with that said tipping is not customary. But overall I can't comment too much since that was my first time in the LHR clubhouse, the JFK one on the otherhand has always been great and exceeded my expectations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.