Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

EVA Air Royal Laurel Experience Take Two: HKG-TPE-YYZ

EVA Air Royal Laurel Experience Take Two: HKG-TPE-YYZ

Old Jan 27, 2014, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Very nice trip report. I'm sure you will appreciate that. Hopefully the service will be improve.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 11:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; AA ExPlat; Hilton Diamond
Thanks for the TP, will be flying EVA's RL from SFO-TPE later this year
Old Jan 28, 2014, 12:19 pm

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
Thanks for the wonderful trip report, hope to fly with Eva Air in the future
Old Jan 28, 2014, 9:41 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Priority Club Platinum, AA, USAir, ANA,
Thanks for the TR, we will be on BR RL TPE to LAX in April.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX SL, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by fly747first
Much nicer cabin crews too!
Yeah I agree. But my favorites are still ANA's, consistently fantastic on the many times I have travelled with them.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 2:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.1MM, CX Diam 1.0MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC, MGM Pearl
Terrific TR. Thanks for sharing.

I am looking to get an award ticket on BR but I am confused by the 77N and 77W denotations from BR. Do both have the flat bed in Royal Laurel? Is one of them an angled seat?

More importantly (with regards to your TR), it looks like you had the flatbed to YYZ, am I right? I wonder if the same is for TPE-LAX.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by mjcewl1284
Terrific TR. Thanks for sharing.

I am looking to get an award ticket on BR but I am confused by the 77N and 77W denotations from BR. Do both have the flat bed in Royal Laurel? Is one of them an angled seat?

More importantly (with regards to your TR), it looks like you had the flatbed to YYZ, am I right? I wonder if the same is for TPE-LAX.
From what I've read (and what I'm scheduled for in July), all 777's from TPE-LAX are fully flat reverse herringbone seats.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 4:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.1MM, CX Diam 1.0MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC, MGM Pearl
Originally Posted by silverm0623
From what I've read (and what I'm scheduled for in July), all 777's from TPE-LAX are fully flat reverse herringbone seats.
Thanks for the reply. The EVA website is clear enough with its fleet facts denoting one plane seat map but dummy booking produces a conflicting plane denotation, which is why I needed clarification
Old Feb 8, 2014, 8:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Nice TR!

I will be spending a couple days in HKG this August and will fly HKG-TPE-LAX. (Hello Kitty TPE-LAX) This is a great preview of upcoming attractions
Old Mar 8, 2014, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX SL, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Gamecock
Nice TR!

I will be spending a couple days in HKG this August and will fly HKG-TPE-LAX. (Hello Kitty TPE-LAX) This is a great preview of upcoming attractions
People are really obsessed with the whole Hello Kitty stuff/plane, but honestly I'm not a big fan of having pink napkins or pink toilet paper lol
Old Mar 8, 2014, 6:09 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, KrisFlyer Elite Gold
Good report! I will be taking this route in the fall so it's good to get the deets
Old Mar 31, 2014, 11:56 am

Programs: AC E, UA Gold
Originally Posted by btang
Yeah I was surprised by the noodles, but then again the lobster fried rice I had from YYZ-TPE was not that great either.
I have a trip coming up YYZ-TPE in a few weeks. Given its midnight departure, how different is the dinner service compared TPE-YYZ? My guess is that everything will be placed in a tray and delivered at the same time? Also, Im thinking or pre-ordering the lobster with egg fried rice and the noodle soup. Are they really that bad?
Old Mar 31, 2014, 1:15 pm

Programs: most of them
Originally Posted by btang
I probably mentioned this before, but I dont really like the dcor of the lounge. Its an eclectic cross between an eighties disco lounge and a HP business center. What is it with the Taiwanese and neon lights? Is this supposed to remind the older generation of the glorious days past? Or is it really a secret fetish that Taiwanese people have, because I did also see neon lights wrapping around the sign of a computer area near one of the gates.
Yes, basically the entire island is covered in colored and/or flashing lights of one kind or another. It's actually one of things I find charming about the place. It's like they want to make everything festive.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 4:12 pm

Programs: DL, UA, WN, Amtrak, Hyatt, Accor
Your food commentary is interesting. I've only flown EVA in premium economy, where ALL the food is inedible (to my western palate). I finally learned to order Kosher, EVA's K-meals are quite good. Thanks for the report.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 12:50 pm

Wow. Are there any lounges at HKG that aren't terrific? BR Royal Laurel J seems to be very consistently reviewed well. Looks like a great product. I'll have to try it next time I visit BKK.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.