Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

SU 77W J/ Aeroflot new 77W in business class (March 2013)

Old Jan 7, 2014, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver

Note that this is not a real trip report, rather some reflections of the inflight experience.

Thanks to Myanmar Government (again and again) and Delta me and my friend were lucky to test new Aeroflot's 77W aircraft and in luckily in business class.

As I travel on Aeroflot and to/ from Bangkok quite often I did not make any picture of checkin area and lounges maybe I cover this in other reports.

Apologies also for the quality of pictures - all done by Samsung SIII mobile phone.

Last edited by Keter; Jan 7, 2014 at 8:55 am
Old Jan 7, 2014, 8:55 am
Original Poster

The cabin and seats

77W features full flat seats in J and also premium economy section. Business class seats are 2-2-2 configuration and are little big angled - this allows to save some space while getting full flat seats. As you can see also first row with all its disadvantages features extra space and specifically extra leg space, you will see later that most other seats have rather restricted legroom.

Window seats have no isle access

The seat control panel is regular, nothing special

The entertainment system is at the standard, HD videos on a big screen, so nothing to worry about here.

The flightmap was a bit of innovative look for me:

As I mentioned legroom is quite restricted, this is the price you pay for the full flat seat, more importantly the shell that would surround your legs is very hard. Was it softer the flight experience would improve definitely, not sure if this kind of upgrade is possible.

Finally before we move to meals - an insight into new SU premium economy cabin. Its same style as Air France you can see.

Last edited by Keter; Jan 7, 2014 at 9:08 am
Old Jan 7, 2014, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Comfort kit and the menu

Here you can find some pictures of the J menu and the comfort kit. But first of all the aircraft before boarding:

The comfort kit was in a bag specially ordered for Aeroflot's 90 years anniversary. Sorry no content photos this time...

Food menu list

And wines available:

Old Jan 7, 2014, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Meal service

Welcome drinks:

Table ready to be served

Hot savouries

Appetizer

The soup (creamed potato and leek)

The salad

Pan fried pork fillet - the main

The good thing about new 77W is that SU seem to have proper fridge now as they are able to serve ice cream not only on flight originating in Moscow. As you can see on the right the tea does not look special...

The breakfast:

Last edited by Keter; Jan 7, 2014 at 9:36 am
Old Jan 7, 2014, 9:28 am
Original Poster

That's it for this short report. If you need full size menu (still by Samsung SIII though) let me know and I will send that to you.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 1:53 pm

Thanks for sharing!

Aeroflot is actually not a bad carrier and the food is pretty good. I still think the pre-arrival meal is a bit on the small side, but in general, it is a decent airline.

Thanks,
Carfield
Old Jan 7, 2014, 8:12 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Thanks! Looks like the Air China/ PMCO/ KLM / whoever else J seats...

FDW
Old Jan 7, 2014, 8:38 pm

Programs: AS 75K, DL Plat, *G, OW G, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat
despite the lack of legroom the meal looked decent... and the ice cream looked nice Breakfast on the other hand
Old Jan 7, 2014, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jason53
Breakfast on the other hand
What is it? It looks reminiscent of food, but... Grapes, a tomato, some chicken contraption, and a random pastry?
Old Jan 8, 2014, 2:30 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Aeroflat just imitated UA J seat and AF Y+ seat

That's awful.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 4:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Aeroflat
Ahaha that's actually the whole new brand, I wonder if some airline takes this very fast now And 77W is not the first flat seat of SU by the way, newer 333s come with 5 rows of J seats which are also full flat but are more spacious.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.