Wiki Posts
Search

MH 88 KUL-NRT Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2013, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AFFB Silver, BAEC Silver
MH 88 KUL-NRT Business Class

This is a comprehensive report of Malaysia Airlines Business Class service on flight MH 88 between KUL and NRT.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

This is our last day of vacation and we have to start our journey back home.

We had a great time at the Shangri-La ! Pictures of the room and of the twin towers !

We checked out of our Executive Suite at the Shangri-La Kuala Lumpur and spent the last couple of hours at the Horizon Lounge. Here is the view we had of the twin towers from our table at the Lounge.

We had a taxi pre-booked and at the said time we walked down and overtook all the people waiting for a taxi, a few people were stressed out by this but the staff explained that we had booked our ride 24 hours ago.

The drive is long, it takes an hour to reach KLIA but it was a smooth one.

We were dropped off in front of the terminal near the Premium Check-in area.

We checked in for our flights to NRT on MH88 and on to LAX on JAL.

Bags were tagged all the way through to Los Angeles where we would pick our bags and spend the day before flying on to Papeete.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

After a quick check-in we were directed to the immigration booth and were advised that the Golden Lounge was closed for refurbishment and that we should use the Regional Lounge.

Everyone going through KLIA have seen these amazing planes ! always nice to see such a great collection !

We were then off to the lounge.

The lounge was PACKED ! as their own Satellite lounge was closed and they were using another lounge, most people preferred to use the Regional Lounge…
We managed to get a table near the food area, so lots of passage near us.

We weren't too hungry, I took some soup with croutons and air soda.

The reading material available in the lounge.

There is a spa available in the lounge should you want to have some "me" time. I didn't check the prices.

A few minutes before the boarding time we left the lounge to go to our gate. KLIA is a huge airport.

Our gate opened when we arrived and we were let in quickly being Business Class customers.

This is the only picture of our aircraft 9M-MRA
Old Dec 30, 2013, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

We boarded quick and were amongst the first to be set foot on the very first Boeing 777-200ER to join the MH fleet. The cabin attendants were nice and very warm, they directed us to our seat on the other side of the cabin.

Huge legroom !

The remote controls for the entertainment system and the seat.

Quick run to the restroom while the aircraft is still being boarded. Aigner cosmetics and orchids.

We were then offered a welcome drink. Guava juice for me and apple juice for my partner.

The Business Class cabin is full tonight.

Shortly after the doors are closed the chief purser starts the safety procedures video.

Meanwhile we taxi to our departure runway, line up and take off towards Narita.

I pull out my video to check out the flight's stats.

Now lets move around the entertainment system.

While I'm looking for a movie to watch, we are served drinks before the warm snack.
Glass of white wine for me, served with nuts !

Old Dec 30, 2013, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

The crew then lays down the trays for the snack.

Malaysia Airlines signature dish ! Satay !!!

Not a lot of people eating so the crew is offering seconds ! YUM !

Just after I am finish eating we have just left Vietnam and I'll try to have a nap.

2 hours before we land in Japan the lights are back on and the crew starts the breakfast service and start by offering a fruit juice or smoothie.

My breakfast tray. We were offered a choice of cereal or yoghurt.

We were then served our hot dish. On MH website they offer the possibility to pre-order your main course and that's what we did. It wasn't clear if we were going to have a dinner or breakfast dish and all that was offered on their website for flights out of KUL were main courses for lunch or dinner…

This is what I had ordered, delicious but couldn't eat it all as it was breakfast time and yet very early !

And my partner's dish which he didn't even touch to the huge disappointment of our cabin attendant.

We are nearly there !

This is Japan !

Old Dec 30, 2013, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

And we've landed !

While we are taxiing towards our gate I take time to take pictures of the reading material.

The fleet and the route network.

Jetstar Japan

JAL's new colors...

and the old !

Here is our gate !

When we deplane, a JAL ground attendant is waiting for us and takes us to the transit counters where they check our paperwork and onward flight.

This will cause us to lose a good hour and a half as the queue is huge at immigration now and we are tired !

after a long time queueing we get out, no bags to collect.

We get landside, buy a couple of water bottles and go to the bus stops to catch our shuttle to the Narita Day house Hotel.

Our resting area for the next 4 hours !

No room service but they had vending machine !
Old Jan 6, 2014, 5:53 pm

Programs: AA,DL
Thanks Ive enjoyed reading and will be taking a trip from LAX to DPS at the end of the month..
Old Jan 6, 2014, 7:19 pm

Thanks for the report. But why din the airlines give you the amenity kit?
Old Jan 6, 2014, 11:10 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat CK 4.0M+; Delta DM; Marriott Ambassador; Hyatt Globalist
Thanks for the excellent trip report. We took the same flight on Jan 5 on our way back to the US from KUL. Overall, our experience was similar and it was a good flight. A couple of points to add:

1) They do hand out a Tumi Amenity Kit on the KUL NRT segment. The package is nice although the contents weren't anything too special in our view

2) The lounge in the Satellite Terminal is open. We spent about 2 hours in it and its a decent lounge but still appeared to be in startup mode. It was also pretty crowded between 830 and 1030pm. We enjoyed some of the food (good variety although the quality was inconsistent, the noodles and the ice cream were the highlights for us), and our son enjoyed the kids area. The wifi was a bit slow and recharging plugs could have been more easily available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.