Wiki Posts
Search

Etihad Business Class LHR - AUH - DUB

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2013, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MR Platinum, Aer Lingus GC, BA Bronze, Turkish Classic Plus
Etihad Business Class LHR - AUH - DUB

I had a last minute trip to Abu Dhabi and my first flight with Etihad.

Summary

London Heathrow Lounge: Shared lounge for first and business class passengers directly opposite the gate. Small but very well equipped lounge with a la carte and buffet dining, computer stations, showers, spa and kiddies play area. It was a really calm lounge and quite luxurious. There were no flight announcements, staff came around and updated us on the status.

Report with pics: http://www.thewholeworldisaplaygroun...ndon-heathrow/

London to Abu Dhabi to Dublin: Outstanding flight in business class. Service, food and drinks were excellent. Seats were very comfortable and the entertainment system was excellent. Really excellent flights both ways.

Report with pics: http://www.thewholeworldisaplaygroun...-dhabi-dublin/

Abu Dhabi lounge: it was very crowded, way too many with access for the size of the lounge. I was there at the beginning of Eid al-Ahda weekend so that could account for part of the airport bedlam! I managed to get an appointment at their Six Senses spa and the massage was excellent. Their first class lounge looks amazing.
Report with pics: http://www.thewholeworldisaplaygroun...nge-abu-dhabi/

I was so impressed with Etihad. The Abu Dhabi lounge was a bit of a let down after the exemplary flights and LHR lounge but we weren't in it for long and I still squeezed in a spa treatment!

Last edited by ellie_nz; Dec 28, 2013 at 4:28 pm
Old Dec 22, 2013, 2:59 am
Original Poster

Removed: was trying to add full reports but need to figure out images.

Last edited by ellie_nz; Dec 22, 2013 at 3:32 am
Old Dec 22, 2013, 4:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
Thanks for sharing! Excellent report.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by themapelligroup
Thanks for sharing! Excellent report.
Thank you!
Old Dec 22, 2013, 10:46 pm

Programs: thai etihad quatar BA
Nice lounge

I was lucky enough to try this lounge, but only had small amount of time to enjoy,

The food was excellent ,service brilliant, best lounge ever experienced.

Then I went into Al reem lounge in Abu Dhabi.thats not a lounge, more a cattle stop,

Nowhere to sit,crappy toilets ,and very small.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by apiwan
I was lucky enough to try this lounge, but only had small amount of time to enjoy,

The food was excellent ,service brilliant, best lounge ever experienced.

Then I went into Al reem lounge in Abu Dhabi.thats not a lounge, more a cattle stop,

Nowhere to sit,crappy toilets ,and very small.
Is Al Reem the Terminal 1 lounge? The Terminal 3 lounge was very crowded, we were there for a 915am flight and it was a hunt for seats even then. Surprising for their flagship lounge.

London was amazing, we were on a connecting flight and only had an hour in there (most pleased I've ever been about a 30 minute flight delay!).
Old Dec 23, 2013, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Nice pics, Ellie! Etihad's Business Class looks great! And if it's that good, I can't help but wonder how the First Class service is?!
Old Dec 24, 2013, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Seat 2A
Nice pics, Ellie! Etihad's Business Class looks great! And if it's that good, I can't help but wonder how the First Class service is?!
Here's hoping one of us gets to check it out some day!
Old Dec 25, 2013, 5:17 pm

Programs: thai etihad quatar BA
Originally Posted by ellie_nz
Is Al Reem the Terminal 1 lounge? The Terminal 3 lounge was very crowded, we were there for a 915am flight and it was a hunt for seats even then. Surprising for their flagship lounge.

London was amazing, we were on a connecting flight and only had an hour in there (most pleased I've ever been about a 30 minute flight delay!).
The Al reem lounge is the one when you come from T1 to T3 through the walkway before turning right for T3 it's kinda straight ahead,
Old Dec 28, 2013, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

I updated the initial post to include details of my visit to the Etihad Abu Dhabi Business Class lounge.

Abu Dhabi lounge: it was very crowded, way too many with access for the size of the lounge. I was there at the beginning of Eid al-Ahda weekend so that could account for part of the airport bedlam! I managed to get an appointment at their Six Senses spa and the massage was excellent. Their first class lounge looks amazing.

Full report with pics: http://www.thewholeworldisaplaygroun...nge-abu-dhabi/

Some pics of the lounge:

The Bar:

Breakfast of champions!

Old Dec 28, 2013, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Removed: was trying to add full reports but need to figure out images.
Create a throwaway account on google+/FB to use for photos.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 8:19 pm

Great trip report ! I did Mel - AUH - Dub 12 months previous to you and I concur with everything you have written except the lounge was not crowded and on the way back I was upgraded to first at AUH ,,,, lounge was very nice indeed but funny thing ,I prefer to travel in business rather than be enclosed in a suite ! Ok maybe I'm strange lol!
Old Dec 29, 2013, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Create a throwaway account on google+/FB to use for photos.
Thank you! Have figured it out now so can include in next trip report.

Originally Posted by spudseamus
Great trip report ! I did Mel - AUH - Dub 12 months previous to you and I concur with everything you have written except the lounge was not crowded and on the way back I was upgraded to first at AUH ,,,, lounge was very nice indeed but funny thing ,I prefer to travel in business rather than be enclosed in a suite ! Ok maybe I'm strange lol!
Not sure I mind the enclosed suite! That was my only visit to AUH so I've no idea if it was busier than normal. Everyone seemed to be heading off for the holidays so maybe I just got a bad day.

Were you in the Etihad lounge in Dublin?
Old Dec 29, 2013, 6:13 pm

Thank you! Have figured it out now so can include in next trip report.

Not sure I mind the enclosed suite! That was my only visit to AUH so I've no idea if it was busier than normal. Everyone seemed to be heading off for the holidays so maybe I just got a bad day.

Were you in the Etihad lounge in Dublin?

Yes I have experienced the lounge in Dublin ! Small by world standards but I enjoyed the experience

Last edited by spudseamus; Dec 29, 2013 at 6:14 pm Reason: Correction
Old Dec 30, 2013, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by spudseamus
Yes I have experienced the lounge in Dublin ! Small by world standards but I enjoyed the experience
I was disappointed to miss it. I've been in the Aer Lingus and DAA lounges loads of times and would have loved to have seen how Etihad compares. I'm determined to find some bubbly in Dublin airport!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.