Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Bali and Hong Kong- CX First Class & Biz Class. Both Bali Four Seasons, W and Conrad!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bali and Hong Kong- CX First Class & Biz Class. Both Bali Four Seasons, W and Conrad!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2013, 7:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A bunch

Hello everyone! Love looking at everyones trip reports. I wanted to add my Bali and Hong Kong 2 week adventure to the mix!

Loved Bali! Loved the people and culture!

Hong Kong had a ton of energy and eventually the heat and people wore us out!

We had a great time and this Trip Report forum played a big part of inspiring me to take this trip!

Forgive the external link but I have a ton of pictures on my site!
Thanks for looking and let me know if you have any questions!

(its a 10 part report, simply hit next to see the next part)

Added: or go to the trip report index to see the parts your interested in. All 10 parts are completed.

INDEX

Cathay 1st class ORD-HKG
CX Lounge in Hong Kong and CX regional Biz to DPS
Four Seasons Jimbaran Bay
Sights and sounds of Bali
Four Seasons Sayan
CX Biz class DPS-HKG 747 upper deck
W hotel Hong Kong
Sights and sounds of Hong Kong
Conrad Hotel Hong Kong
CX Biz class HKG-ORD

Last edited by pointspinnacle; Dec 28, 2013 at 3:16 pm Reason: added a few pics and index
Old Dec 11, 2013, 8:49 pm
Suspended

Great TR thanks for sharing!!

Interesting that AA only charge $86 for that...I have BA miles and am looking at doing First class from SFO to Hong Kong and its well over $100 per person in taxes!!

Cheers ^
Old Dec 11, 2013, 9:02 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Great report, really enjoyed it.

I'm about two months away from my first Cathay First experience and I'm very much excited for it!

Originally Posted by SgtRyan
Great TR thanks for sharing!!

Interesting that AA only charge $86 for that...I have BA miles and am looking at doing First class from SFO to Hong Kong and its well over $100 per person in taxes!!

Cheers ^
Mine (just LAX-HKG) was a mere $2.50 and a $25 phone booking fee. AA doesn't charge anything for the majority of their awards (including all awards on AA metal) - just taxes.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 1:12 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Got my first CX F to HKG from JFK on Monday and really looking forward to it

Do think they need to alter the menu a bit more as a lot of the items on it seem to have been there all year based on various reports.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 3:13 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Ronin - churn and burn
Nice trip report. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited by Jermyn; Dec 12, 2013 at 3:16 am Reason: fixed
Old Dec 12, 2013, 4:51 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the positive feedback guys!
Old Dec 13, 2013, 4:06 am

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
nice

Totally awesome trip report. thanks.

i will visit Hong Kong next year on route to Bali too although via BKK.

still unsure on properties although i was there in 2013 for 4 weeks so have a few favourites.

Ubud is a wonderful place and i really warmed to Jimbaren at the IC.

thanks once again.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 5:33 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
great first part of your TR, what a pain the gentleman was to speak rather rudely to you about the window blind, as you said there are eyeshades he could have put on He is obviously doing a DYKWIA stunt. Food looked good, will definitely have to try CX one day. Looking forward to next part of the TR^
Old Dec 13, 2013, 5:49 am

Programs: SPG Gold, A-Club PLATINUM, HHonors Gold, GPP-Gold, BWR-Diamond, PCR PLAT, *Wood P
cool! looking forward to part 3
Old Dec 13, 2013, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kaidus
cool! looking forward to part 3
The entire trip report is completed, all 10 parts are online.

See here for all 10 parts!

Sorry for any confusion.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 7:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BA5E
great first part of your TR, what a pain the gentleman was to speak rather rudely to you about the window blind, as you said there are eyeshades he could have put on He is obviously doing a DYKWIA stunt. Food looked good, will definitely have to try CX one day. Looking forward to next part of the TR^
Thanks!! I have heard mixed reports on if the window shade should be closed or not. If it were me trying to sleep i would have just put on the eyeshades but we are all different.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 8:09 am

Programs: SPG Gold, A-Club PLATINUM, HHonors Gold, GPP-Gold, BWR-Diamond, PCR PLAT, *Wood P
Originally Posted by pointspinnacle
The entire trip report is completed, all 10 parts are online.

See here for all 10 parts!

Sorry for any confusion.
looks like the link to part 3 is still down?
Old Dec 13, 2013, 8:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kaidus
looks like the link to part 3 is still down?
Strange, thanks for letting me know! I clicked in part 3 and got an error but the tried again and it worked. I also tried going to part 4 then hit the previous link to take me back to part3 and that worked. I will try to get it sorted later today.

http://pointspinnacle.com/trip-repor..._redirect=true

That is working for me currently on my cell/mobile currently.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 6:30 pm

Programs: FT
Nice tr. the humidity is something that is killer. Takes getting used to. I have been 8 times,in the last three years and it still kills me. The Conrad needs some work IMO. A five star hotel ImO should always have the hair dryer in a bag and in a drawer when not in use.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 8:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mkjr
Nice tr. the humidity is something that is killer. Takes getting used to. I have been 8 times,in the last three years and it still kills me. The Conrad needs some work IMO. A five star hotel ImO should always have the hair dryer in a bag and in a drawer when not in use.
@MKJR, Yes it was killer!!! It made us want to stay inside. I never felt such humid conditions. Especially wearing full clothing on top of the humidity!

FYI to all- if you had issues with part 3 it is corrected now. The link works at this time. (let me know if anyone has issues with any links)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.