FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trip Reports (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports-177/)
-   -   Lufthansa First 747 Seat/Bed, Porsche Rental, FCT and FCL: DEN-FRA (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports/1529808-lufthansa-first-747-seat-bed-porsche-rental-fct-fcl-den-fra.html)

hamburglar Dec 10, 2013 8:06 pm

Lufthansa First 747 Seat/Bed, Porsche Rental, FCT and FCL: DEN-FRA

I lucked out and ended up getting 2 seats at about T-7 using UA miles. I was originally booked on business and kept checking diligently. Below is my trip report. I'd be happy to answer any questions about my flight, rental, or booking the trip. I've learned so much here so I'd like to give back.

http://flight-report.com/en/report-5731.html

Crampedin13A Dec 10, 2013 8:21 pm

Absolute fantastic report. I finally get to try the LH 744 in F next summer. I've flown LH F before and glad to know I'm not the only one who doesn't know how to eat caviar. I just wing it and hope nobody sees me doing anything wrong:D

BigEyedFish Dec 11, 2013 2:26 am

Great report, really enjoyed it. How long was your layover in FRA? Seems like you spent a whole day there - good call on the Porsche then!

calvinoeh Dec 11, 2013 7:45 am

Great report! We were the couple on the same flight seating behind you guys.

hamburglar Dec 11, 2013 8:47 am

@Crampedin13A Thanks! I even asked the flight attendant how to eat the caviar. Many different ways apparently

@BigEyedFish Thanks! My layover was from 11am until 9pm on my way to Rome

@calvinoeh That's awesome! I was wondering which other young couple could make the flight. The purser even came by and said they normally don't have such young clientele. Did you use UA miles? I'm wondering if you were faster than me at getting the first 2 seats since I saw that at T-14, two were taken so I had to wait.

calvinoeh Dec 11, 2013 9:33 am

Originally Posted by hamburglar (Post 21946404)

@calvinoeh That's awesome! I was wondering which other young couple could make the flight. The purser even came by and said they normally don't have such young clientele. Did you use UA miles? I'm wondering if you were faster than me at getting the first 2 seats since I saw that at T-14, two were taken so I had to wait.

Lol! Yes, it was me who beat you to those seats at T-14 :P Where were you guys flying off to?

popoemt Dec 11, 2013 9:41 am

Originally Posted by Crampedin13A (Post 21943568)
Absolute fantastic report. I finally get to try the LH 744 in F next summer. I've flown LH F before and glad to know I'm not the only one who doesn't know how to eat caviar. I just wing it and hope nobody sees me doing anything wrong:D

OT: Sounds like we need a thread on proper etiquette for caviar, the "e-how" on it doesn't do any of us justice :D

Forrest Bump Dec 11, 2013 9:49 am

Originally Posted by calvinoeh (Post 21946031)
Great report! We were the couple on the same flight seating behind you guys.

It's a small F world, and FT makes it even smaller :p
Great TR, cool idea the 3h Porsche renting, which for €98 is not bad at all.
Always wonder how an airline can price at same level such a combo 2 seats and the old F yet around.
Whole different league of flying, along an embarassing comparison.

hamburglar Dec 11, 2013 11:26 am

Originally Posted by calvinoeh (Post 21946697)
Lol! Yes, it was me who beat you to those seats at T-14 :P Where were you guys flying off to?

We were going to Rome for a cruise so the next flight was a big let down. How about yourselves?

@Forrest Bump Considering the price includes 150km, insurance and fuel, it's a great deal. I think I used about 1/4 to 1/3 the tank since I was going very fast.

calvinoeh Dec 11, 2013 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by hamburglar (Post 21947502)
We were going to Rome for a cruise so the next flight was a big let down. How about yourselves?

@Forrest Bump Considering the price includes 150km, insurance and fuel, it's a great deal. I think I used about 1/4 to 1/3 the tank since I was going very fast.

We were off to Rome as well for a night layover before flying off the BKK and MLE. I guess we were on the earlier Rome flight and didn't see you guys in the FCT. I too took the Porsche deal and that was fun. Pity it was only for 150km though :(

Forrest Bump Dec 11, 2013 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by calvinoeh (Post 21947966)
I too took the Porsche deal and that was fun. Pity it was only for 150km though :(

Is there any specific deal I should look at? Thank you.

hamburglar Dec 11, 2013 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by Forrest Bump (Post 21948279)
Is there any specific deal I should look at? Thank you.

http://www.lufthansa.com/online/port...l=en&cid=18002

Seat 2A Dec 11, 2013 6:54 pm

Very nicely done, hamburglar. I've just got to try out Lufthansa's First Class, hopefully sooner than later!

firequall Dec 15, 2013 2:12 pm

Bagged tea in First? Blasphemy.

RussianTexan Dec 15, 2013 8:26 pm

The most beautiful thing in the travel report was the Cotswold Blue Jaguar E-Type that you parked next to. Absolutely fantastic. You didn't even notice it, did you? ;)

Also, the Mercedes was not the S63 AMG. If you look at the tachometer, the redline is at 4,100 rpm. That's diesel, not gasoline, baby. (I'm a huge car freak, I'm a stickler for the facts) Also, the "S350 BLUETEC" on the rear gives it away.