Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Thanksgiving in the Maldives via Etihad, Malaysia A380 and British A380 First Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thanksgiving in the Maldives via Etihad, Malaysia A380 and British A380 First Class

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2014, 12:14 am

Programs: LX, AZ, BA, LH, SA
Great report.
I think it's disgraceful that people at BA are unable to sort out their catering issues in F. This is the menu I got on BA65 two days ago.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old Jan 8, 2014, 4:10 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by hilltopper
Great report.
I think it's disgraceful that people at BA are unable to sort out their catering issues in F. This is the menu I got on BA65 two days ago.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 9:14 am

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
It is a European thing, handwritten menu of the day - all the classy restaurants do it
Old Jan 8, 2014, 10:10 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
Originally Posted by drminn
It is a European thing, handwritten menu of the day - all the classy restaurants do it

Seriously. Quite pathetic.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 11:56 pm

Great report.

[IMG][/IMG]
Loved the "veg and mash". So elegant
Old Jan 10, 2014, 8:08 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by farwest101
Loved the "veg and mash". So elegant
While I am not going to defend hand-written menus in F, that it's pretty "British quaint" IMHO (as a Brit)
Old Jan 14, 2014, 4:42 pm

Programs: UA/EK(Gold) CX(Diamond) Marriott Gold Accor Platinum Hilton Diamond Shangri-la Jade
Great TR, thanks. Followed your link from an MH thread. I'm a frequent MH flyer and have been to the Maldives 4 times so pleased to read your positive notes. I've flown F and J on BA, my F experience was good but J was uneven. Once I asked a FA for a spare pillow while in J and he asked me to look for one myself!
Old Jan 16, 2014, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by smithk
Late to the party but wanted to say great report SFO777…as always.
In Colombo a few times a year (like right now), going to try to get over to the Maldives one of these times, appreciate in the report.
Don't listen to the critics (long Roosevelt quote):
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.
I don't know how much "dust, sweat or blood" you get in F, but you get the idea.
Thanks very much smithk and for the quote!

Originally Posted by thisiswilks
SFO777 - I came across this moments ago and thought about this thread.
http://www.airhelp.eu/en
Thanks thisiswilks, but I've decided to move on. BA is what it is and some are OK with it. It's just not my cup of tea, especially with so many better options out there.

Originally Posted by allset2travel
The Westin looks great and inexpensive. Like the fact it is so close to the airport. Might give it a try. Did you venture into the waterfront?
No, it was a quick in and out back to the airport.

Great report.
[IMG][/IMG]
Thank you hilltopper. OMG, that is classic. How often do these screw-ups happen at BA? And no one threatened you for taking that pic?

Originally Posted by drminn
Indeed. Perhaps there are simply trying to emulate those restaurants that write the menu on the wall.

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
While I am not going to defend hand-written menus in F, that it's pretty "British quaint" IMHO (as a Brit)
I guess quaint is one way to describe it.

Originally Posted by Ozchinois
Great TR, thanks. Followed your link from an MH thread. I'm a frequent MH flyer and have been to the Maldives 4 times so pleased to read your positive notes. I've flown F and J on BA, my F experience was good but J was uneven. Once I asked a FA for a spare pillow while in J and he asked me to look for one myself!
Thanks very much Ozchinois. We're looking forward to our CDG-KUL A380 flight in June.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.