Reload this Page >

Moscow BA F (LHR-DME-LHR)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2013, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: olybeast
If the pictures aren't showing because I've run out of free hosting bandwidth, then please come back next month! I think my bandwidth resets on the 9th
Print Wikipost

Moscow BA F (LHR-DME-LHR)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2013, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by G-BUSI
That's us told then. I personally think the peasants comments is right out of order. And that is the opinion I am entitled to.
Hopefully sir, you will learn a life lesson in manners.
'Manners'-----what a pretentious and humourless load of crapola.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
... ...

Last edited by T8191; Nov 2, 2013 at 10:22 am Reason: Mod comment regarding OT noted
Old Nov 2, 2013, 10:11 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Enough.

matthandy has already requested once in this thread to keep the discussion on topic and to keep it civil.

Any further discussion on the subject of peasants or other comment not directly related the subject matter of the trip report will not be tolerated in this thread. Failure to adhere to these instructions will result in your post being removed and disciplinary action being taken.

Moomba
Moderator: Trip Reports
Old Nov 2, 2013, 10:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
I think £250 for two "Russian Visas" is excellent value. There are some places in London which charge double that.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 10:37 am

Programs: BA GGL, Concorde Room card, KLM Silver, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Silver
Originally Posted by BahrainLad
I think £250 for two "Russian Visas" is excellent value. There are some places in London which charge double that.
Indeed. I thought the same. However perhaps it is cheaper because that particular visa facility only has brown chairs not blue, which could be problematic.

I think the caviar service is specific to the Moscow flight yes.

You were very lucky to have an empty cabin both ways.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by flyclub
Indeed. I thought the same. However perhaps it is cheaper because that particular visa facility only has brown chairs not blue, which could be problematic.
^

Originally Posted by BahrainLad
I am sure that it is possible to pay an awful lot more than GBP 250 for double Russian entry when in London!
Old Nov 2, 2013, 10:42 am

Well, thank God we've remained on topic. Did you visit any religious facilities or shrines whilst in Moscow?
Old Nov 2, 2013, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
^

I am sure that it is possible to pay an awful lot more than GBP 250 for double Russian entry when in London!
You mean, the ability to enter and re-enter as many times as you like into lots of different places until you've had enough? Sounds delightful.

Last edited by BahrainLad; Nov 2, 2013 at 10:50 am
Old Nov 2, 2013, 10:54 am

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
There is indeed a glimmer of hope when a caviar service is offered on BA. I thought that was a very distant memory of a decade ago, but even on Concorde you were lucky to get half a teaspoon of it on a canape, not a full (30g?) tin. Let's have more of it please, BA!
Old Nov 2, 2013, 10:59 am

Loved the enthusiasm + sense of fun on your TR. hoping my modest stack of Avios will provide a similar experience for me soon.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Good report - interesting to see the full longhaul F treatment on a relatively short flight.

What did you and your partner do in Moscow on your short stay? (might help a reader plan a similar quick visit).

What I personally am SHOCKED about is the metal spoon that acompanied the caviar (or was it a metallic-loking plastic)?
Old Nov 2, 2013, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by Howard Long
There is indeed a glimmer of hope when a caviar service is offered on BA. I thought that was a very distant memory of a decade ago, but even on Concorde you were lucky to get half a teaspoon of it on a canape, not a full (30g?) tin. Let's have more of it please, BA!
I got a full tin of caviar on Concorde in September 2003. And a mother of pearl spoon to eat it with. I like eggs.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 11:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
I was served caviar in Club World when I flew this route last September.

Admittedly it was a tiny sprinkle on top of some crème fraîche but still Oscietra!

On the way back, the two lovely CC on the upper deck were keen to show off the vodka selection. As the only passengers awake/drinking, we had a little tasting. They mentioned that the bottles were underused!

Nice report. As to arriving at the CCR at 5am - for your first First, and an early flight, perfectly acceptable.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 11:25 am

Programs: TK M&S, BAEC, EK
A very enjoyable read. Thank you for sharing.

As another poster has already pointed out, you certainly deserved a special touch of luxury after that rather gruelling round the world trip you wrote about a while back.

Last edited by michlflyer; Nov 2, 2013 at 11:40 am
Old Nov 2, 2013, 11:27 am

Programs: BA blue, HHonors Gold
Very nice TR! Did you enjoy Moscow itself? Friends went not so long ago and the report was that it was almost prohibitively expensive

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.