Reload this Page >

Moscow BA F (LHR-DME-LHR)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2013, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: olybeast
If the pictures aren't showing because I've run out of free hosting bandwidth, then please come back next month! I think my bandwidth resets on the 9th
Print Wikipost

Moscow BA F (LHR-DME-LHR)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2013, 7:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by rossmacd
I'm afraid that calling other individuals "peasants" makes me somewhat underwhelmed with your TR.

I'm glad you enjoyed it, but I am sorry to say, just because you've sat for a couple of hours in a First class seat on a plane, I don't think you've "made it".

And those flyers on this board (myself included) that survive on the domestic breakfasts week in, week out would not agree with your review. It is not of great quality and is very unhealthy.
1. Lighten up mate
2. Change jobs if you don't like it
Old Nov 2, 2013, 7:36 am

As a peasant who has never flown First, I really enjoyed your TR. I look forward to reading of your travel adventures in future.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 7:36 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; VS Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by NoY
Nice report - thanks for posting - your enthusiasm was palpable

Ignore those with a sense of humour bypass
+1

NB: As a fellow Aquarian, I have no doubt whatsoever that your "peasants" comment was self-deprecating; and suspect the cabin crew enjoyed looking after you as much as you enjoyed flying with them. Thanks for a great TR!
Old Nov 2, 2013, 7:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
A polite reminder to everyone to keep their posts on topic and most of all civil please.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 7:37 am

Programs: BA Silver
Loved the report, your enthusiasm shines through for your first F.
Of course you now need to either change your partner or up your Avios earning
Old Nov 2, 2013, 7:45 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
[QUOTE=cornishsimon;21711365]Perhaps you both need to sit back and chuckle at the joke as it was no doubt intended by the OP

My thoughts exactly. Clearly been misinterpreted. They obviously had a great time. Well structured TR with some nice pics too, thoroughly enjoyed reading it ^
Old Nov 2, 2013, 7:51 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by olybeast
1. Lighten up mate
I'm sorry but this response (number 2) says all that needs to be said. Ignorant and disrespectful. No wonder you view the rest of us as peasants.

olybeast, in my opinion all you had to do was post a general statement saying that while you don't feel your comments were wrong, you appreciate that some posters may not read it in the same way that you intended and that you regret any offence caused. To suggest that someone "change jobs if you don't like it" is incredibly rude and smacks of snobbery.

Last edited by G-BUSI; Nov 2, 2013 at 8:00 am Reason: added 2nd para
Old Nov 2, 2013, 8:18 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by G-BUSI
I'm sorry but this response (number 2) says all that needs to be said. Ignorant and disrespectful. No wonder you view the rest of us as peasants.

olybeast, in my opinion all you had to do was post a general statement saying that while you don't feel your comments were wrong, you appreciate that some posters may not read it in the same way that you intended and that you regret any offence caused. To suggest that someone "change jobs if you don't like it" is incredibly rude and smacks of snobbery.
Sometimes it's best to just let it go ....
Old Nov 2, 2013, 8:22 am

Programs: TWA Aviators
Great TR. It's nice to know what it would be like in the nice seats.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 8:23 am

Programs: BAEC: Bronze, Al Fursan: Gold
Great TR Olybeast

Great Pics and written well, anyone who thinks the peasants comment was off should read your around the world in 89 hours trip report which shows how much you enjoy flying in whatever cabin your in.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 8:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
This is quite extraordinary.

First off, it's an excellent report. Lovely prose, lovely photos, lovely to see two people having the time of their lives.

Second, those of you who have taken offence to the ironic snobbery seriously need to get a life. Although if you went to one of those 'minor public' schools I agree it's probably not worth living.

I must brunch.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by olybeast
1. Lighten up mate
Thanks for your career advice. I absolutely love my job, an no I won't be changing it due to the domestic breakfast Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think my job would give me the experiences/opportunities/cash that it actually has provided, so no airline food offering is ever going to change that.

Originally Posted by G-BUSI

+1
Old Nov 2, 2013, 8:52 am

Very enjoyable TR and I loved your enthusiasm and laughed out loud at the peasants thing. I wouldn't have found it funny if your irony wasn't obvious. I wish they'd have a caviar and vodka amuse bouche on every F!
Old Nov 2, 2013, 8:57 am

Programs: ABBA
A wonderful trip report, piccys of F are ten a penny from the Hoi-poloi of flyertalk, and on the whole I find trip reports tedious, but the excitement and enthusiasm you have towards travel - and your 89 hour trip in y before that, is a breath of fresh air for those cynical road warriors like me.

The 1ak seats, the sequence 1/2, the turning up at 5am to use the CCR, booking the cabana, the eggs benedict

I'm off for a weekend soon with swmbo, first for 18 months, leaving the little ball of chaos. We were seriously considering flying QR in J, but this report has convinced me to do Ba in F. Just need to find somewhere that a 747 goes (Moscow is far too cold, and I go there a lot for work)

Thanks again for your tr, I do wonder what your next one will be like. What's left on your things-to-do list?
Old Nov 2, 2013, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by LH4116
+1

I'd say it's very premature to call people peasants. Flying in a premium cabin doesn't give you the right to act disrespectful, which I guess is something most people on this board understand…

Apart from that a nice report. Looks like you and your partner had a great time. A bit surprised to see them serve Caviar in First, but I guess that's only offered on flights from Russia?
PRE mature?!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.