Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Lazy Man's TR: Pictures are worth a thousand words

Old Oct 17, 13, 2:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR/SQ/VA Gold, QF Silver, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold

I have done a trip earlier last month. I was thinking of writing a TR for this trip, and normally I would just write a report. However, creative writing is not exactly my strongest area. Also for whatever reason, I am feeling quite lazy recently. So I have an idea. My trip report will be in pictures only, as well as challenge the minds of the FTers.

You will tell me what I have flown and where I have visited

Hopefully it all works out. I am sure with you smart people it won't be hard to work out Good luck!

Last edited by kamchatsky; Oct 17, 13 at 6:25 am
Old Oct 17, 13, 2:30 am
Original Poster

Part 1

Last edited by kamchatsky; Oct 17, 13 at 2:39 am
Old Oct 17, 13, 4:45 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
great pics, very familiar as in lounge albeit once a year in March, gosh hope there were 2 of you travelling as the eggs benedict (my favourite) and omelette and toast looked good. Good to see the usual posting of champagne picture. Have always found the food and staff in lounge extremely friendly and helpful. Look forward to seeing the rest of the TR pics
Old Oct 17, 13, 6:48 am
Original Poster

BA5E, I was travelling with Mrs Edison as well as Infant Edison! It was actually my first time visiting there, and am quite amazed by the space, the view, the food and the wine! It is definitely one of the best I have been, if not the best.

The salmon egg benedict is lovely. The omelette is very healthy as it is egg white vegetable omelette. The champagne is a Taittinger!

For anyone who could not figure out where it is. The departure board (the first photo) is a dead giveaway ......

Will post more photos soon for the next stage of my trip. And yes, my flight is one of the flights on the departure board.

Which flight will I be on?

Last edited by kamchatsky; Oct 17, 13 at 7:10 am
Old Oct 17, 13, 6:59 am

Programs: FT
I like this idea...so hmm...your in SYD F lounge. but are you there because you are flying in F or just taking advanage of the BA gold benefits....[insert dan dan dannnnn...suspense builds]
Old Oct 17, 13, 9:11 pm
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.8MM 1K , DL GM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, BW Plat, Hertz #1 Gold PC, Avis Preferred
This is a great idea!

SYD was obvious, and it appears that OW is more likely than *A despite the old BD Silver status. The 6:30am flights are boarding, so it's around 6:00-6:15 and the next OW flights are leaving in the 7:15 area — only an hour, so not enough time to enjoy the lounge properly and have breakfast. There are only two other OW flights, Japan to Narita at 8:15, which is doable, or Qantas to Christchurch at 9:15 The latter does not seem likely, unless he's flying on from there to somewhere more exotic and is just teasing us, so by a process of elimination — ta-da! — he must be on JL 772!
Old Oct 17, 13, 9:13 pm

Last edited by angatol; Mar 1, 15 at 1:20 am
Old Oct 17, 13, 11:21 pm

QF F Lounge Sydney. Next part please!
Old Oct 18, 13, 2:26 am
Original Poster

Part 2

Last edited by kamchatsky; Oct 18, 13 at 2:33 am
Old Oct 18, 13, 2:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by angatol View Post
Nice photos. What camera do you use?
I was using Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 camera. Not the latest but amazing non DSLR camera when it first comes out. Still takes nice pictures. Now if I can use the remaining 95% of the functions provided .....
Old Oct 18, 13, 2:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 1P View Post
This is a great idea!

SYD was obvious, and it appears that OW is more likely than *A despite the old BD Silver status. The 6:30am flights are boarding, so it's around 6:00-6:15 and the next OW flights are leaving in the 7:15 area — only an hour, so not enough time to enjoy the lounge properly and have breakfast. There are only two other OW flights, Japan to Narita at 8:15, which is doable, or Qantas to Christchurch at 9:15 The latter does not seem likely, unless he's flying on from there to somewhere more exotic and is just teasing us, so by a process of elimination — ta-da! — he must be on JL 772!
Well I won't say whether you are right or not ... yet. You should be able to tell from the Part 2 photos!
Old Oct 18, 13, 3:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AP*E
CX 110 to HKG.
You flew on a three-class A330-300 (33G) with new long-haul business class seats. You were seated in a K seat.
You had access to SYD Flounge because of your OW emerald status.
On board, you had, for breakfast, apple juice, coffee, fresh seasonal fruit, congee with snapper and scallops and assorted bread.
For lunch, you had the two starters advertised on the menu: mixed salad and pork terrine with garlic bread and a bun. Your main was the black bean chicken. You drank ginger ale and water. You may have had two apple tarts with raspberry coulis because your wife/infant did not want theirs or you managed to take theirs by force, stealth or other means including emotional manipulation.
Eating pork may clue us in as to your religious affiliation or lack thereof.

Last edited by preimroc; Oct 18, 13 at 6:23 am
Old Oct 18, 13, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by preimroc View Post
CX 110 to HKG.
You flew on a three-class A330-300 (33G) with new long-haul business class seats. You were seated in a K seat.
On board, you had, for breakfast, apple juice, coffee, fresh seasonal fruit, congee with snapper and scallops and assorted bread.
For lunch, you had the two starters advertised on the menu: mixed salad and pork terrine with garlic bread and a bun. Your main was the black bean chicken. You drank ginger ale and water. You may have had two apple tarts with raspberry coulis because your wife/infant did not want theirs or you managed to take theirs by force, stealth or other means including emotional manipulation.
EPIC!
Old Oct 18, 13, 11:02 am

CX 110 to HKG.
Best answer ever
Old Oct 18, 13, 11:10 am

CX 110 to HKG.
beat me to it. NICE!^

Search this Thread