Search

YUL-LAX in AC Executive Class.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2013, 11:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Premier, Air France Silver, AAdvantage, Matmid Gold
YUL-LAX in AC Executive Class.

Preflight.

I was flying home for a few week vacation. Upon checking in online, I was given the option to upgrade to executive class. Given the reasonable price, I chose this option.
I found the Air Canada website to be straightforward.

Airport.

Since I had to check out of my hotel by noon, I left for the airport around 1 pm. I took the public bus, which was convenient and cheap (9CAD).I was at the airport by 2:10pm, for an 8:00 pm flight. Admittedly, it was a long wait, but it didn't prove to be bothersome.
After check-in, and dropping off my bag, I headed to security and CBP preclearance. Admittedly, I was a bit surprised that there wasn't a priority line for executive class, at the security checkpoint. By 2:30, I had passed through security and by 2:45, I was through pre-clearance. After making the requisite purchases at Duty-Free, I went to the lounge, by gate 74. The lounge was airy and spacious.
I got settled into a very comfortable seat, and enjoyed a few gin and tonics, while checking email. A few hours into the wait, I was feeling a bit peckish, so I went to see what the food options were. They had a couple of soups, which didn't particularly interest me, in addition to a selection of raw, cut up, carrots, and ranch dressing. There was also hummus and chips. After spending the afternoon snacking and watching the planes go by, (mostly Air Transat planes, along with Canjet) I made my way to the gate, for my flight. It was a chaotic scene at the gate, with almost all the passengers standing and milling around.
Boarding was called at 19:30, and after stowing my bags, I got comfortable in seat 3A.
After sitting down, I was offered a cup of orange juice. The other passengers boarded, replete with many shrieking infants, all destined for economy class. ^
As announced by the pilot, we departed via 24R, 30 minutes behind schedule.
After takeoff, menus were distributed for dinner.

Dining
The appetizer was a mesclun salad with black quinoa, zucchini and sun-dried tomato, served with balsamic olive oil dressing.
for the main course, the choices were:
Beef tenderloin with pot roast sauce, sweet potato mash and mixed vegetables.

Seasoned chicken, with cumin tomato sauce, basmati rice, mixed carrots and broccoli.

Salmon, with lemon-dill glaze, acini di pepe pasta and vegetable mix and tomato tapenade

Traditional cheese lasagna.
-----
While I was perusing the menu, the flight attendant brought (cold) mixed nuts, along with a beverage of our choice. I had a whiskey and coke, and decided upon the steak.

After the salad, which wasn't great, the steak arrived. It was cooked to medium, which, while it was cooked more than I'd have liked, it wasn't bad. The meat was juicy and tender.

Drinks were refilled, and desert was served.
A very simple, yet satisfying chocolate chip cookie, and vanilla ice cream.
After this, I rested for a bit, and watched some television shows on the IFE.

Seat.

I thought the seat was lacking in comfort, and recline. The AC seat goes to about 120 degrees, with nothing to really support the feet.
Having flown VX extensively in First, i've gotten used to the further recline offered by vx.

In conclusion, while Virgin America's seat might be somewhat more comfortable, the service and catering on Air Canada are better.
If given the choice, I'd fly Air Canada in Executive class again.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 11:32 pm
Original Poster

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5240046...7635146347079/

Last edited by adrouault; Aug 21, 2013 at 9:49 pm
Old Aug 20, 2013, 6:29 pm
Original Poster

How do I resize the pictures? I'm feeling like a total luddite.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 6:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
Some photo hosting sites, such as Flickr, allow you to pick the size. If not, just about any phot editing program will do it.

Thanks for the TR!
Old Aug 21, 2013, 2:52 pm

Programs: Non-Rev Lifetime
Go back to imgur.com and click on edit image.
Change the first value above "lock proportions" to something like 760 then save.
Experiment to get what you want.

760 X 1013

Old Aug 21, 2013, 3:14 pm

740 X 986

Old Aug 21, 2013, 3:17 pm

And so on...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.