BA First + Canadian Honeymoon

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA First + Canadian Honeymoon

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2013, 2:04 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Congratulations and great report! One of the better ones I've read lately, and it's so nice that you posted a finished report
Old Jul 20, 2013, 2:58 pm

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by LH4116
...and it's so nice that you posted a finished report
Quite the qwip.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 7:23 pm

Programs: LH Miles&More Senator, KLM Flying Blue Platinum, BAEC Bronze
Congratulations on your nuptials. I really enjoyed reading your report, and the photos of Canada's West coast are truly inspired.

Best of luck to you both in your new life together.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 3:43 am

Programs: BA
Brilliant stuff, and congratulations. I also went to Canada on honeymoon in BA F in 2011, only I headed to Toronto then a spa in northern ontario.

Fantastic report, and excellent photos.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
You said you wanted to escape 'ripoff' Britain?
Flats here in Vancouver are actually more expensive (in some places) than some of the ones I've seen in London!
As for entertainment, I usually bring my own (and attempt to sleep when I'm in Y. On awards I would usually pick a day flight on AA.)
I was talking specifically about not having my wedding in the UK.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for kind words everyone.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by lighting
I was talking specifically about not having my wedding in the UK.
Now I get it
(haven't been married before, so can't comment.)
Old Jul 21, 2013, 6:06 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Premier Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold
Thanks for the TR. It was good to see that there was an actual resolution to your initial hotel snafu instead of just trying to sweep it under the rug.

The BA OF seat looks like one of those F-class products that could either be comfy and cozy or claustrophobic depending on the mood of individual pax.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 6:59 pm

Programs: AA, BA, Alaska Air
Many Congratulations to both of you. Best of luck.

Needless to say, amazing pictures...
Old Jul 22, 2013, 5:39 am

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue, IHG Gold
Brilliant photos. I'm glad you half enjoyed BA F! and I agree with you on the Concorde Room.

Congratulations!
Old Jul 22, 2013, 5:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Now I get it
(haven't been married before, so can't comment.)
No worries. For example, in Portugal, i got the below for 500 Euros more than my best friend paid for his reception venue alone in the UK

1) 5 Nights in the hotel i linked to (only 10 rooms so with guests we have private use of the place for 3 nights)
2) Ceremony on the roof of the hotel
3) Exclusive use of restaurant on beach from 5pm to 3am
4) Cocktails and Canapes for 40 after ceremony
5) 3 Course dinner, unlimited wine and cocktails/drinks for 40 - 7pm to 3am
6) DJ
7) Sandwiches at midnight

We would have had our wedding there anyway, but when you start comparing the costs between places like Portugal and the UK for weddings, ithe difference is absolutely staggering.

I would fancy living in Vancouver at some stage though ! It has the same sort of feel as Melbourne, a place i have lived and liked. Hated Sydney.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 5:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by olybeast
Brilliant photos.
All done using an App on my iphone 5 called Pro HDR
Old Jul 22, 2013, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by lighting
No worries. For example, in Portugal, i got the below for 500 Euros more than my best friend paid for his reception venue alone in the UK

1) 5 Nights in the hotel i linked to (only 10 rooms so with guests we have private use of the place for 3 nights)
2) Ceremony on the roof of the hotel
3) Exclusive use of restaurant on beach from 5pm to 3am
4) Cocktails and Canapes for 40 after ceremony
5) 3 Course dinner, unlimited wine and cocktails/drinks for 40 - 7pm to 3am
6) DJ
7) Sandwiches at midnight

We would have had our wedding there anyway, but when you start comparing the costs between places like Portugal and the UK for weddings, ithe difference is absolutely staggering.

I would fancy living in Vancouver at some stage though ! It has the same sort of feel as Melbourne, a place i have lived and liked. Hated Sydney.
Having studied and lived there for a period of time (long enough to get Canadian citizenship), I would say that I like the place-it's beautiful and has all the elements of a modern city with the added touch of nature that is present everywhere.
The only problem is that it's very easy to get ripped off by taxes everywhere if you aren't careful.
(then again, I have found legal ways around it.)
Great place, great people, terrible (federal and provincial, at least) government is how I would describe it.
Portugal vs the UK is also a big difference-what surprises me is that this is all within the EU, so it makes it much easier to complete, legally, as well as financially! (I have quite a bit of background of the UK thanks to colonization, as well as taking a history program that explained how Britain was such a great country, though 'knowledge of topics beyond 1990 is not required')

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.