amazing trip reports. thanks for sharing
Old Apr 18, 2013, 10:17 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
I really enjoyed this TR as well!
Old Apr 19, 2013, 12:14 am

This is an excellent trip report.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 4:39 am

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite
Fantastic Report. Thanks for the Bangkok Airways Blue Ribbon Class. Always wanted to know what they were like.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 8:50 am

A great trip report and I really enjoyed.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 9:49 am

Programs: TK M&S, BAEC, EK
Thank you very much. I also really enjoyed reading this trip report with its nice, engaging style of writing.

I certainly find the express train from KL Sentral is the most comfortable, convenient way of getting to the airport, too.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 10:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by aks120

First impression was one of wow, from the minute you step into the lobby and get a stunning vista of the 5 Islands and nothing but ocean, to the room that had the same stunning views. I had a feeling I could spend all my time on the balcony!
Originally Posted by aks120
Los Angeles was a zoo as always - it took me over an hour to get through the immigration lane,
The ups and downs of travelling...

That was one hell of a trip aks120 and one of the most enjoyable reports I've had the pleasure of reading. Fantastically put together with just the right mix of flight and destination reports. I'm sure you could have made it 3 times longer but it would have been a mistake in my opinion.......a lesson to us all in how to get the balance right when reporting such a big trip without boring the pants off of everyone. ^

Congrats on your 40th......the best age for travelling.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 1:38 pm

Programs: United
great TR! samui is beautiful. i am thinking again where i want to go in thailand this summer.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 3:00 pm
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Really good trip report. Thank you so much!
Old Apr 19, 2013, 3:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Amazing report! One of the best I've read in a long time!
Old Apr 19, 2013, 4:04 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by CX828
Great TR and I am glad you enjoyed CX, it is really a great way to fly!

A big thank you to you for loading all installments so quickly, makes it so much more enjoyable to read when I can read from start to finish in one go.
Originally Posted by yerffej201
Very nice TR!
Originally Posted by bandz
amazing trip reports. thanks for sharing
Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
I really enjoyed this TR as well!
Originally Posted by want2fly4less
This is an excellent trip report.
Originally Posted by yqi5k
A great trip report and I really enjoyed.
Originally Posted by michlflyer
Thank you very much. I also really enjoyed reading this trip report with its nice, engaging style of writing.

I certainly find the express train from KL Sentral is the most comfortable, convenient way of getting to the airport, too.
Thank you all for your kind words.

Originally Posted by roadwarriorafrica
Fantastic Report. Thanks for the Bangkok Airways Blue Ribbon Class. Always wanted to know what they were like.
I have to say I was surprised at how much I liked Bangkok Airways. After all the luxury on the other flights I was dreading these a little but they were fab. I noticed that my Blue Ribbon seats were "business class" seats but on the flight out, the business class section appeared to be the same seats as economy but with the centre seat blocked out. I guess it will depend on which flight you chose and what configuration they are in but it was a great experience!

aks120
Old Apr 19, 2013, 4:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by HIDDY
The ups and downs of travelling...

That was one hell of a trip aks120 and one of the most enjoyable reports I've had the pleasure of reading. Fantastically put together with just the right mix of flight and destination reports. I'm sure you could have made it 3 times longer but it would have been a mistake in my opinion.......a lesson to us all in how to get the balance right when reporting such a big trip without boring the pants off of everyone. ^

Congrats on your 40th......the best age for travelling.
Thanks Hiddy - I never thought about the comparison of that beautiful balcony and LAX nightmare - I guess it was me coming back down with a bump!

Your kind words are appreciated. PS we never mention my age again.......
aks120
Old Apr 19, 2013, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by opusone
great TR! samui is beautiful. i am thinking again where i want to go in thailand this summer.
Originally Posted by 1P
Really good trip report. Thank you so much!
Originally Posted by stu1985
Amazing report! One of the best I've read in a long time!
Thanks guys - I appreciate the encouragement. The trip report took a lot of time to compile and write but it is a great memory for me and I really wanted to share my experiences. This Board is one of my favorite on FT and I wanted to give back to it!

aks120
Old Apr 19, 2013, 4:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SPG/Marriott PLT
Amazing amazing report, it refreshes so many of my memories in HK, KL, and Thailand. And all the different airlines. Great story, and belated happy bday.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.