Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

ANA Inaugural flight NRT to SJC in Business Jan 11, 2013

ANA Inaugural flight NRT to SJC in Business Jan 11, 2013

Old Jan 18, 2013, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Wow! What a fabulous trip report. I'm glad you had a great inauguration flight. Hope you have a wonderful time.

Let's keep it up the good work.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 9:22 pm

Programs: Airplanes!
Nice trip report! Thanks for sharing with us.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Even though it is just the inaugural of the route, not even the plane itself, but NH still have that much souvenirs, I am jealous !
Talk about I did the UA 787 inaugural, there was absoutely nothing but a few information cards.

Originally Posted by Carfield

A gift bag was also handed out, which featured a first flight certificate, a TOMO DACHI stationary set, and a special wrapped gift, which was a very nice NRT-SJC toiletry bag.
What's that NRT-SJC toiletry bag about ? Anything inside ? Was the bag ANA branded ? The deisgn of the bag looks like you would find it from that store Flight001.

Originally Posted by Carfield
Amenities:
There is no amenity kit on ANA except those redeye regional flights from Southest Asia, which features a small cloth bag with toothbrush sets and eyemasks and earplugs. There is one exception on ANA Businessjet long haul flights to Mumbai, you will get an amenity kit (not sure about Yangon flight though, which is also on ANA Businessjet). On the long haul flights, the F/As passed around the amenity basket after dinner (and JAL has a few more gadgets though), and I noticed that the lotions and moisturizer water sprays are cut.
I believe the redeye HND-LAX also feature the same cloth bag with a few amenity items in C as well.

What ? Notion tubes are gone ? So I guess there is no lipcreme as well ? I have never seen Avenne water spray in the C amenity basket, only saw that in F.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Jan 18, 2013 at 9:57 pm
Old Jan 18, 2013, 10:36 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus (1P)
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
What's that NRT-SJC toiletry bag about ? Anything inside ? Was the bag ANA branded ? The deisgn of the bag looks like you would find it from that store Flight001.
I have a picture from mine, there were nothing inside.

Old Jan 18, 2013, 10:38 pm

Awesome writeup. The ipod and usb connections seem odd as it should be easy to charge your stuff without special cables. Hopefully they will be flying again soon.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 11:19 pm

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
Great Report, nice pictures. Just a note about the UA 787 inaugural which I was on. I was suprised they did not give out more. I have what they gave me on my fireplace mantel, I added a 787 model aircraft I bought at the Boeing store in Seattle when I was there in December.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Outstanding report, Carfield. I loved all the pics and complete narrative on the entire trip.
And such detail... almost like we were there with you. ^
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:04 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: FlyingBlue | Krisflyer | SPG | HHonors
Thanks for the report and detailed photos of the experience! It is definitely great to see new routes across the Pacific, though I wonder what airplane ANA will use now since the 787 is grounded...
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Thanks for all the kind comments!

Yes the bag is empty but it is definitely specifically designed for the inaugural flight! It is not a generic toiletry bag. I have not opened mine, as I am still on the road.

ANA used to have those lip palm, moisturizers, and other stuffs on the basket but this time, they only have the basic amenities like eye masks, ear plugs, and toothbrush sets.

Thanks
Carfield
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:09 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Great read.

You had mentioned Terminal A was brand new. Terminal A was renovated and completed in 2010. It opened in 1990 originally.

The brand new terminal (which I frequent on AS) is Terminal B and opened in 2010. It is very nice.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 1:28 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Love it, thanks!
Old Jan 20, 2013, 9:31 am
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
The report is great
wonder when the 787 will be up again for the task.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:41 am

Programs: US CP, HH Gold
Fantastic report, and thanks for sharing! After having been in an ANA lounge at NRT, I cry a little inside every time I go into a domestic club
Old Jan 20, 2013, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
outstanding TR, thanks for sharing carfield! i have been looking foward to my first trip in ANA business this coming September, but now so even more!
Old Jan 26, 2013, 12:16 am

Another amazing trip report, Carfield! Your trip reports are an inspiration. Hope they figure out the problem with the 787s and they will be back in the skies soon. ANA's one of my favorite carriers and I look forward to trying their staggered seating on the 77W!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.