Ireland - Dublin and Howth photo gallery and tourist attractions

I want to share with the community the photos of my trip to Ireland

To see my photo gallery click on the link below

http://www.flickr.com/photos/marcodi...7629067635613/

I visited: Dublin and Howth

I want to point out the major tourist attractions

> Dublin what to visit :
--------------------------
- Castle and Record Tower ( is a Norman fortress )
- Spire ( is a steel tower 120 meters high )
- Teach Laighean or Leinster House ( is the Parliament ) - Dail Eireann ( is the Lower House of Oireachtas )
- Kilmainham Gaol ( is an old prison )
- Four Courts ( building where is located the Supreme Courts of Justice )
- Aras an Uachtarain ( is the name of the Irish Presidential Residence )
- Custom House
- Palace Farmleigh - Palace of the Bank of Ireland
- Palace of city archives
- Palace of the society of honor King's Inns ( HSKI )
- Trinity College ( University and Library )
- Town Hall
- Fusiliers Arch
- Temple Bar ( is the area where you find the most beautiful pubs in the city )
- O’Connell Street ( is the main street of the city ) with the beautiful building of Post Office
- Grafton Street - Henry Street - Nassau Street ( are shopping streets )
- Leeson Street - Mountjoy Square ( street and square with Georgian houses )
- Fitzwilliam Square - Merrion Square - Smithfield Square ( are the most beautiful squares )
- Liberties district
- RIAI Headquarters
- St. Patrick's Cathedral - Cathedral of the Holy Trinity - St Mary's Pro-Cathedral - Church of St. Michan - Church of St. Teresa - Augustinian Church of St. John's Lane - Church of St. Audeon - Carmelite Church of Our Lady of Mount Street in Whitefriar - Church of St. Anne - Church of St. Werburgh - Church of St. Joseph - Church Newman - St. Mary's Abbey
- Home of Oscar Wilde
- Library Chester Beatty - Library Marsh - National Library of Ireland
- Royal College of Surgeons
- Castle Rathfarnham
- Guinness Storehouse ( is the Museum of Guinness beer )
- Old Jameson distillery ( is the Museum of Jameson whiskey )
- Palace Hospital Rotunda
- Half or Ha’Penny Bridge - Samuel Beckett Bridge - Sean O'Casey Bridge - Millennium Bridge ( are 4 characteristic bridges on the river Liffey )
- Newman House - Mansion House
- Memorial statues of the great famine - Statue of James Joyce - Statue of Molly Malone - Statue of Charles Stewart Parnell - Statue of James Connolly - Statue of Brendan Behan - Statue of Daniel O'Connell - Statue of Jim Larkin - Statue of Anna Livia
- Cemetery of Glasnevin - Cemetery of Arbor Hill
- Sailing Ship and Famine Museum Jeanie Johnston - National Museum of Ireland Archaeology - Little Museum of Dublin - Dublin City Gallery The Hugh Lane - Irish National Museum of Decorative Arts and History - Georgian House Museum - National Gallery - Gallery Taylor - National Museum of Ireland Natural History - Science Gallery - Irish Museum of Writers - National photographic archive - Irish Museum of Modern Art IMMA - Museum Pearse - Revenue Museum - National Museum of Printing - Civic Museum of Dublin - National Museum of Leprechaun - National Wax Museum - Grand Lodge Museum - Heraldic Museum - Museum Garda & Archives - Museum of Childhood - Irish Jewish Museum
- Casinň Marino
- Olympia Theatre - Bord Gáis Energy Theatre - Gate Theatre - Abbey Theatre - King’s Inns Theatre - Gaiety Theatre - National Concert Hall - Smock Alley Theatre - Lambert Puppet Theatre - Peacock Theatre
- Croke Park Stadium and Museum - Stadium Aviva
- Irish National War Memorial Gardens - Phoenix park with Wellington monument - Garden of Remembrance - Botanical Garden - Faiche Stiabhna ( Park of Saint Stephen ) - Shelbourne Park - St. Anne's Park - Iveagh Garden - Bushy Park - Tymon Park - Corkagh Park - Dillon Gardens - Royal Canal Park - Fernhill Park - Fairview Park
- Zoo

> Howth is a picturesque seaside village near Dublin ( 25 minutes by city train DART ) always in the Leinster region nice the little port and the beautiful the view of the bay from the high viewpoint - To see the Castle of Howth

Last edited by toscanafoto; Sep 10, 2013 at 11:01 am
Old Dec 26, 2012, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

I have updated the photo gallery
Old Dec 27, 2012, 2:00 pm

Thanks for the pictures! I was in Dublin in Sept. and your pictures brought back fond memeories.
toscanafoto likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.